PDA

View Full Version : I got a girl...........for about 8 hours, including sleep......

frenchfry164
09-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Last night I asked this chick out on the phone that I liked a lot. I was happy and junk, you know how it goes. I wake up this morning and get a call saying that she can't go out with me because she is engaged. She's only 14 fricken years old! This is why I hate the south, all these hicks and crap. This is the third person in the past year that I have met that already engaged or married.

Damn, WTF. Talk about immaturity on her part.

I guess I'll just have to be single for another 6 months and it'll just be another disappointment.

FillYourBrain
09-05-2003, 02:55 PM
14 and engaged? where do you live?

Clyde
09-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Damn, WTF. Talk about immaturity on her part.

Surely it's her parents arranging stuff rather than her, no?

Waldo2k2
09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
You sure she's engages? Maybe you're just ugly as sin?

just kidding dude, that sucks. And if she's already engaged, what do you tink that says about her sex life?
Methinks she's got one in the oven, shotgun wedding style.

frenchfry164
09-05-2003, 03:01 PM
tennessee, can't you guess?

I don't think her parents even know about it.

mart_man00
09-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Dude, i though i lived in hillbilly country. Wow.

Zewu
09-05-2003, 04:41 PM
frenchfry164, how old are you yourself?

I personally see very little style and class in guys +16 dating girls aged 14-15.

TechWins
09-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Funny excuse she came up with on her part. She probably just felt bad telling you no on the phone last night or wasn't sure at the time how to say no. That's only me making an assumption, though. At any rate, don't feel bad about the situation, because you'll find someone new in no time.

I personally see very little style and class in guys +16 dating girls aged 14-15.

What's the big deal with a 16 year old dating a 15 year old? Even a 17 year old guy and a 15 year old girl isn't a big deal most of the time. In most instances, girls are more mature than what guys are for their age, so a 15 year old girl, typically, is almost, if not more, as mature as the 17 year old guy. In my opinion, though, anything more than a 2 year gap is a bit much most of the time. Again, absolutely nothing is wrong with a one year gap (i.e. 16 & 15 year old).

ZakkWylde969
09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Because one has their parents dropping them off and the other drives. There are also statutory rape laws. Its usually looked down upon.

frenchfry164
09-05-2003, 08:24 PM
No dude, she was engaged to him in the past, they split up and came back together. It wasn't just an excuse because everyone around here knows she was once engaged.

I'm 15 myself, so it isn't much difference in age.

-KEN-
09-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by ZakkWylde969
Because one has their parents dropping them off and the other drives. There are also statutory rape laws. Its usually looked down upon.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

"You don't have a car, so I can't date you. Sorry :(:(:(:("

Truly a 3 year age difference is OMGRAPE.

frenchfry164
09-05-2003, 08:36 PM
I don't know, the whole thing sounds so stupid to me, and I am glad I found out how stupid she is before I actually got strong feelings for her.

RoD
09-05-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by frenchfry164
I'm 75 myself, age is irrelevant.

:D

jk

frenchfry164
09-05-2003, 08:50 PM
LMAO
(Second line)

Waldo2k2
09-05-2003, 09:46 PM
>>Because one has their parents dropping them off and the other drives. There are also statutory rape laws. Its usually looked down upon.

echo ken,
and second of all, you have to be 18 for statutory to apply moron, not 17. I'm 17, my girlfriend is 15. She turns 16 in October. We've been dating more or less for 2 years. Are you (or Zewu) without even knowing us to say that it's frowned upon or inappropriate for us to date? That's a bunch of BS if you ask me. I say, if you're both in junior high, go for it. If you're both in High school, go for it. Etc. Etc.

RoD
09-05-2003, 10:05 PM
I perfer Fish. They are low maintainence, dont $$$$$, and if u get mad at them you wont go to jail for drowning it.

TechWins
09-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Because one has their parents dropping them off and the other drives.

What does driving have to do with anything? You shouldn't base dating someone on whether one person can drive and the other can't.

There are also statutory rape laws. Its usually looked down upon

First off, just because you're dating someone doesn't mean it's automatic that you'll be having sex with that person. Secondly, a two year age difference does not qualify for statutory rape if sex were to occur; I believe it is a three year age difference. Thirdly, it shouldn't always matter what other people think.

No dude, she was engaged to him in the past, they split up and came back together.

Whoa! I thought that it was only an excuse; that's crazy.

Fountain
09-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Well, I had best not tell you how many years gap there is between me and my girl :eek:

Zewu
09-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Waldo2k2
>>Because one has their parents dropping them off and the other drives. There are also statutory rape laws. Its usually looked down upon.

echo ken,
and second of all, you have to be 18 for statutory to apply moron, not 17. I'm 17, my girlfriend is 15. She turns 16 in October. We've been dating more or less for 2 years. Are you (or Zewu) without even knowing us to say that it's frowned upon or inappropriate for us to date? That's a bunch of BS if you ask me. I say, if you're both in junior high, go for it. If you're both in High school, go for it. Etc. Etc.
Ok, if it's about feelings of love, then I don't consider age to be relevant.

But if it's just about dating for the sake of it, the fact that many girls think there's social status in dating older guys, that it hence is easier for guys to get younger girls, and that there's social status for guys to have girls as well, I look down on it.

-KEN-
09-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Zewu
Ok, if it's about feelings of love, then I don't consider age to be relevant.

But if it's just about dating for the sake of it, the fact that many girls think there's social status in dating older guys, that it hence is easier for guys to get younger girls, and that there's social status for guys to have girls as well, I look down on it.

So you look down on it because you feel that it gives them some kind of social status?

Somebody help me out here, I can't follow his train of thought on this one. Also, saying that a 15-16 year old is going to be falling and love and not just dating for the sake of it is pretty stupid.

Zewu
09-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Ok, let me change it to that I just don't like dating for the sake of it. When there's one of these "guy is older than girl"-situations, I think that it is usually about dating for the sake of it, to take advantage of each others, and not about love.

Waldo2k2
09-06-2003, 09:31 AM
How old are you Zewu?

Last time I checked, most people in North America and Western Europe will prob date like 50 people they have no interest in falling in love with. It's life dude. Sometimes you need to date someone just to get back in the game, just to have fun, just to get laid, there's all sorts of possibilities and all sorts of reasons behind them. I don't think there's anything wrong with a Senior dating a Freshman (happened to me, I was the freshman :)). The only that could go wrong with that is that the Senior leads the other into believing he/she has feelings for the freshman, and taking advantage that way. But that can happen with any age combo. So like Ken, I still don't see the problem dude.

RoD
09-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Zewu
Ok, let me change it to that I just don't like dating for the sake of it. When there's one of these "guy is older than girl"-situations, I think that it is usually about dating for the sake of it, to take advantage of each others, and not about love.

Step out of the 80's.

frenchfry164
09-06-2003, 10:02 AM
I say, if you're both in junior high, go for it. If you're both in High school, go for it. Etc. Etc.

That is very well said.

joshdick
09-06-2003, 03:46 PM
It sounds like y'all are a bit confused about statutory rape laws. My buddies and I once asked a judge who's a friend of our's to clear this up.

The statutory rape laws are basically divided into two rules: The couple can't be more than four years apart. No one over the age of 13 may may be with someone under the age of 13.

Let me clarify.

The first rule is pretty obvious.

if(girl.age() + 4 < boy.age())
InTrouble(boy);
else
HaveLegalFun(boy, girl);

The other rule is quite strict. If the boy is 13 years and one day old and the girl is 12 years and 350 days old, the boy can be charged criminally.

As for what is physical enough to warrant criminal charges in either of the two aforementioned scenarios, he said a "passionate kiss" would suffice to prosecute the guy. Now, depending on which of those scenarios it is and what exactly the act was determines what the charge is like corrupting the morals of a minor or statutory rape or whatever.

This is what a judge told me who presides in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. So, that means that these are the laws as they are written in Pennsylvania. I can't speak for any other states or countries, but if you're uncertain, I suggest you ask a lawyer. Just to be safe ;)

ZakkWylde969
09-06-2003, 04:57 PM
I thought it was at age 16?

Thantos
09-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Age of consent varies from state to state. The majority are 16 but their are some that are less. And always remember, just because it may be illegal doesn't mean the DA will file charges.

In cases where the age difference is negligable the DA will only file charges if the parent pushes it. From your less then 18 over 18 barrier they can use endangering a minor or equivlent but thats fairy rare also. Of course their are times when it happens (HS teacher w/ student).

And johdick you forgot to check to see if the girl was older then the guy.

Govtcheez
09-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Depends on the locality.

And if this girl's engaged at 14, she's an idiot and not worth your time.

Thantos
09-06-2003, 05:24 PM
And if this girl's engaged at 14, she's an idiot and not worth your time.

I sometimes wonder if any girl/women is worth the time and hassle.

ZakkWylde969
09-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Are you thinking of going homosexual?

Thantos
09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Are you thinking of going homosexual?

Someone sure doesn't keep up with current research findings.

joshdick
09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Thantos
And johdick you forgot to check to see if the girl was older then the guy.

Thantos, we're trying to get sex, not to prosecute our girlfriends when they finally agree :p

The judge we talked to explained the usual scenario as follows: Older guy dates younger girl. This ........es off the girl's father. In angry desperation, he makes a trip to the DA's office. The father gives the DA the ages of the guy and girl and what (he thinks) they've done; the DA gives the father a list of criminal charges that may be brought against the guy. That seems kind of sad, but then again, it's hard to have sympathy of a guy who dates such a younger girl.

Ever think about dating and such in centuries past? A few hundred years ago, I'd probably be married by now. Scary thought, but I still sort of wonder if all that's changed with humanity is for the best.

Govtcheez
09-06-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Thantos
I sometimes wonder if any girl/women is worth the time and hassle. ::looks over to the couch::

Yes :)

major_small
09-06-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Waldo2k2

and second of all, you have to be 18 for statutory to apply moron, not 17. I'm 17, my girlfriend is 15.
actually, the age of consent to sex in NY is 17... they can't take pictures nude until 18 tho... and the age difference doesn't matter anymore... below 17, they have to be <2 years apart, and neither can be 18...

i'm 18 and i don't have a car... my gf's 17 and she doesn't have a car... we both still get driven by our parents... :(

Silvercord
09-06-2003, 09:45 PM
I know how you feel frenchfry, ken used the same excuse on me.

Shadow
09-07-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm 22, my girlfriend is 18. We've been together since Dec 14th, 2001. We've had no problems(relationship, parents, law, etc.).

I went out with a girl who was 16 when I was 20, and when I was 20(before girl previously mentioned) I was with a girl who was 21, then a girl who was only 9 months younger than me(I was 18, she was 17 most of relationship). The girl I'm currently with, is working out great.

*shrug*

Anyhow, a 14 year old girl doing that type of thing is wrong.

Fountain
09-07-2003, 04:17 AM
I'm 34, and my G/F just turned 19. I have been with her for 2 yrs and we live together quite happily.

My long time last missus was only 2 yrs younger than me and we argued a lot. Thats what happens after 10yrs I guess.

The point.....age does not matter.:)

frenchfry164
09-07-2003, 05:42 PM
It's funny around here. People have children with their cousins, and I've known about 4 people under the age of 16 that are married.

They say the south is rising, I think it is just immature little boys' cocks.

Silvercord
09-07-2003, 06:06 PM
I don't get it

Fountain
09-08-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by frenchfry164
It's funny around here. People have children with their cousins, and I've known about 4 people under the age of 16 that are married.

They say the south is rising, I think it is just immature little boys' cocks.

Kids with their cousins? Have you noticed lots of kids with 3 legs or something?:)

EvBladeRunnervE
09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Kids with their cousins?

not that its biologically wrong or anything(safety wise, they are no more likely to have a birth-defect affected child than a normal couple), dont want to go discriminating against christians do we?:p :p

Govtcheez
09-08-2003, 03:00 PM
edit: Apparently I'm a silly goose.

> dont want to go discriminating against christians do we?

What?

-KEN-
09-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
> safety wise, they are no more likely to have a birth-defect affected child than a normal couple

I don't think that's the case. Lack of branches in the family tree's baaad.

It's actually only a 1% increased chance in birth defects.

edit: Silly goose.