PDA

View Full Version : Google, Yahoo, Altavista down

confuted
08-16-2003, 09:47 AM
They can't possibly all be down. But I can't get to any of them, or a number of other sites. CProgramming.com works fine, if a bit slower than usual. Dictionary.com works. A random bookmark to a site on the MIT website works.

Google does not load. Altavista does not. Yahoo does not. Acronymfinder.com does not. There are lots of examples.

What's up with this? I haven't been watching the news - is this something to do with the power outages? Or is something just really strange here?

Terrifying screenshot:

RoD
08-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I get all three fine.

EDIT: only yahoo now. Keep in mind that everyone is trying to patch windows and find info on this "virus" so things are going to go down from overload and such.

ygfperson
08-16-2003, 09:57 AM
No problems here...

adrianxw
08-16-2003, 10:21 AM
All fine here too.

EvBladeRunnervE
08-16-2003, 10:23 AM
no problems here either, maybe you have a virus perhaps?

confuted
08-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Nope, strangly, everything is working now.

drdroid
08-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Your connection just could've been lost fer a lil while... or it could've been because of the black out... they log off fer a lil while to update fix crap.

confuted
08-16-2003, 11:10 AM
My connection wasn't lost, because I was browsing here actively during the time that I couldn't access Google.

Oh, and FYI, it's "for," not "fer"

volk
08-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by confuted
Oh, and FYI, it's "for," not "fer"

People will start to forge a negative opinion about you (if they haven't done so already) if you perpetually waste your time rectifying their spelling.

Originally posted by confuted
Nope, strangly, everything is working now.

At least I think drdroid knows how to spell "strangely." ;)