PDA

View Full Version : Evilevilevil

Lurker
08-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Recently, every once in a while a message will come up saying "Stop attacks like this, download so and so". I have tried to get rid of it, but cannot find anything. I tried using PCCillan to get rid of it - scaned every drive with no viruses found. I used Ad-Aware to find it - 54 ads, killed all 54, still got the damn ad message. So now im looking for other suggestions - possibly a trojan horse? Where can I download a trojan horse cleaner? Any other suggestions to get rid of it? Thanks :D !!!

vasanth
08-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Lurker
Recently, every once in a while a message will come up saying "Stop attacks like this, download so and so". I have tried to get rid of it, but cannot find anything. I tried using PCCillan to get rid of it - scaned every drive with no viruses found. I used Ad-Aware to find it - 54 ads, killed all 54, still got the damn ad message. So now im looking for other suggestions - possibly a trojan horse? Where can I download a trojan horse cleaner? Any other suggestions to get rid of it? Thanks :D !!!

I usualy have a back up of everytin and save my works in different druve.. si when ever sometin like this happend i just format my drive.. Takes around 30 minutes.. but woth the effort..(planin to create and image of my HDD next time i reformat...). you could do sometin like this..

Lurker
08-09-2003, 11:07 AM
It would take me all day to back up everything, find all the discs, and reformat. Not to mention the fact that the computer is shared by others.

maes
08-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Try this,
http://grc.com/stm/ShootTheMessenger.htm

if that doesn't help
try this place http://www.wilders.org/
They have some anti-trojans there, also anti-virus, and stuff like that

hope this wil help you a bit

-KEN-
08-09-2003, 11:37 AM
It could just be someone "net send"ing stuff to you. Try disabling msmsgs.

Either that or RPC expoloit.

Lurker
08-09-2003, 11:42 AM
I tried "net view" before - and besides, we're not on a network.

Lurker
08-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Well - I havent gotten the message since I used shooter - if it happens again, I'll whine here :D . Thanks all!

BMJ
08-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Oooookay... all the "Shooter" does is disable the messenger service.... and this is requires its own application..... why?

maes
08-09-2003, 01:52 PM
it's easy, what would you rather do, go to the admin panel, services and stop it manualy or press the stop button in the application. I'm lazzy so I use the app :D
plus Steve Gibson made some other programs like that, like the Universal plug and play for XP and stuff like that. Check out the site, you may be running a server that windows starts by deafault or something like that.

also, the site gives an excelent explination ;)

napkin111
08-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Lurker
I tried "net view" before - and besides, we're not on a network.

The fact that you posted that means you are on the largest network on Earth.

Brian
08-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by maes
it's easy, what would you rather do, go to the admin panel, services and stop it manualy or press the stop button in the application. I'm lazzy so I use the app :D
plus Steve Gibson made some other programs like that, like the Universal plug and play for XP and stuff like that. Check out the site, you may be running a server that windows starts by deafault or something like that.

also, the site gives an excelent explination ;)

Gibson is full of crap. He seems to think he invented syn cookies.