PDA

View Full Version : Rock and Pop dont go together!

RoD
08-05-2003, 01:43 PM
I thought this story was really funny. Thats what he gets for going on with greats like AD/DC, stones, and rush! Who made this line up, anyway?

http://www2.bostonherald.com/inside_track/inside_track/timb08042003.htm

Fountain
08-05-2003, 03:37 PM
Im glad it happened.

He is a flash in the pan pop poof. How could he go on stage with legends? Beyond belief.:confused:

Ben_Robotics
08-05-2003, 06:59 PM
well the kid has no voice to offer. that was a mistake getting him on the stage. he is just a lucky bastard millioner;

we have so many programmers and brains here who damn deserve to make the big bucks; instead a kid from nowhere, with no voice and image, comes on the stage and makes big time money for nothing.

sorry guys, i had to let it out. didnt wanna offend any Justin fans here, im just a little upset about how this world is operating nowadays. I work and study hard everyday to have a decent living and when i hear how easily some ppl, with no talent, make money it really upsets me.

mart_man00
08-05-2003, 08:59 PM
we have so many programmers and brains here who damn deserve to make the big bucks; instead a kid from nowhere, with no voice and image, comes on the stage and makes big time money for nothing.
Yeah, instead of just saying we will never buy a cd again we actually have todo it.

They might actually think we like this crap, as scarey as it may seem. But then again his basicly a puppet so they get more profits from him.

Hit them in their wallets!

KurtSurge
08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Very simply, more people would rather buy his crappy cd's then our genius programs. It really is sad isn't it.

golfinguy4
08-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by KurtSurge
Very simply, more people would rather buy his crappy cd's then our genius programs. It really is sad isn't it.

Yeah, genius:rolleyes:

mart_man00
08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, genius
Do they have a choice?

Pop and Rap is the only thing that gets pushed anymore. Not a big selection.

RoD
08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by mart_man00
Do they have a choice?

Pop and Rap is the only thing that gets pushed anymore. Not a big selection.

do u live in a box?

mart_man00
08-05-2003, 10:31 PM
do u live in a box?
How much digging do you think most people do?

What ever is on tv/radio/store is what most people get.

It would be nice to get some decent metal plugged once in awhile. Some of the lesser know/underground bands are great, but it would be nice if they easier to find. They always seem to be on dialup....

golfinguy4
08-05-2003, 11:54 PM
I was talking about Kurt's "genius" programs.

TechWins
08-06-2003, 12:04 AM
mart_man, if you're not happy with what's 'being pushed', then try a little harder to find bands that you do like. Instead of whining that popular music that is played on the radio/tv isn't what you like. I agree that popular music isn't exactly the best music available, but that's completely irrelevant. Finding the type of music you like is fairly easy with all the sources available on the Internet. If you want to find new metal bands to listen to than go to a metal message board and look around there and ask questions, or do some searches on google (i.e. indie metal bands, hardcore metal bands). Who cares if other people aren't listening to the same bands as you, regarding metal bands 'being pushed'? It doesnt' effect you on what other people are listening to as long as you're able to listen to the music you like.

Btw, pop and rap are surely not the only types of music 'being pushed'. Does Linkin Park, Blink 182, and/or Good Charlotte ring a bell?

Govtcheez
08-06-2003, 06:03 AM
> Rock and Pop dont go together!

Pfft, yeah they do.

Pop Rocks

:rolleyes:

confuted
08-06-2003, 06:22 AM
>>Btw, pop and rap are surely not the only types of music 'being pushed'. Does Linkin Park, Blink 182, and/or Good Charlotte ring a bell?<<

Yes, I found them all under the "talentless" genre in Disk Jockey.

RoD
08-06-2003, 09:28 AM
I actually like those bands. Alternative and Punk are pushed as much as any others, thats why i asked if you lived in a box.

mart_man00
08-06-2003, 10:42 AM
mart_man, if you're not happy with what's 'being pushed', then try a little harder to find bands that you do like
Yeah, i do.

I just dont like the fact that I have to. Linkin Park gets one of the bigger pushes for metal, but compared to the other guys its not that big.

They must know there are metal heads, why dont they give us more? Even if its crappy metal id still like the fact they gave me metal.

Govtcheez
08-06-2003, 10:50 AM
> why dont they give us more?

Because Britney Spears sells better.

Brian
08-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Metal sucks. Have you even heard Metallica's new album?

RoD
08-06-2003, 11:03 AM
The only good metallica is the older stuff.

TechWins
08-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Linkin Park gets one of the bigger pushes for metal

Since when is Linkin Park metal?

Yes, I found them all under the "talentless" genre in Disk Jockey.

No, try more like alt-rock (LP) and pop-punk-alt (Blink and GC). I would say Blink is very talented because they helped revolutionize a whole new genre of music--pop-punk-alt. Linkin Park has marginal talent at the least. Good Charlotte is, well, simply horrible at best. I don't particularly like any of these 3 bands but none the less they are non-rap, non-pop bands that are being pushed.

Because Britney Spears sells better.

She does more than that for me.:eek:

The only good metallica is the older stuff.

Completely agree. I barely even like the Black Album. IMO, everything went peaked and then went downhill after the AJFA album, but it didn't slide too far down on the Black album like it did for the rest of the albums after that.

RoD
08-06-2003, 03:53 PM
She does more than that for me

Too much information dude.

Dohojar
08-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Actually the new metallica cd is rather good. Better than the last few piles of crap they have been selling. Metal died a long time ago. Death metal took over.

Long live Cannibal corpse:D

confuted
08-06-2003, 08:02 PM
>>Actually the new metallica cd is rather good. Better than the last few piles of crap they have been selling. Metal died a long time ago. Death metal took over.

Long live Cannibal corpse<<
What are you smoking? I'm a Metallica fan, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish listening to their new CD - it was that bad. Nothing Else Matters and St. Anger aren't even on the same level. One is art, the other is trash. Perhaps St. Anger is what you get when the artists stop caring about the music and start caring about the profit (remember the thing with p2p and Metallica?)

gcn_zelda
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
>>Too much information dude.

Way way too much information:eek:

Dohojar
08-06-2003, 08:57 PM
I listened to metallica long before most people even knew who the hell they were.. Have you even listened to the whole cd or just what you hear on the radio. The radio plays a crap version of St. anger. The whole cd is actually pretty good considering what they were playing. Metallica is no Slayer but at least they are making an improvement.

Nothing else matters was an OK tune but it was a far cry from Fade to Black.

I hated how they(Metallica) killed napster but can you really blame them. How you would feel if someone was ripping off your software. In that matter they are no diffrent than Blizzard .

RoD
08-06-2003, 09:21 PM
Have you even listened to the whole cd or just what you hear on the radio.

I own every CD they ever made, i listen to only two of them reguarly.

Dohojar
08-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Actually, I was talking to Blackrat364. Which 2 do you listen to?

RoD
08-06-2003, 10:03 PM
I know you were, but since i share his opinion i jumped in.

Ride The Lightning
Master Of The Puppets

Dohojar
08-06-2003, 10:28 PM
I was soooo sad :( when I heard cliff died. Then once I heard the black album I knew Metallica had also died. At least now they sound like they have some life. I haven't heard lars use the double kick in years. Thought he forgot how.

RoD
08-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Your never as good as the original. Look at guns and roses, one original member and they sound no where near as good as the original. Guns and Roses kicked ass.

gcn_zelda
08-06-2003, 10:53 PM
You know who my favorite music artist is?

Barney!

Snugglemuff!

TechWins
08-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Order of my fav albums of Metallica's...

And Justice For All
Kill 'Em All & Master of Puppets tied for 2nd
Ride the Lightning
Black album
the rest is crap after that, except for maybe one or two songs, such as Until It Sleeps, in fact that might be the only other decent song of theirs after the Black album

My fav songs of theirs would be Harvester of Sorrow, Seek and Destroy, The Four Horsemen, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, and many many others with no particular order.

I've been listening to them since I was in 5th grade, and I'm now going into 12th grade. It's been weird how each grade I move up more and more people start to listen to them. By 9th grade it seemed like most people my age were listening to them; that surely was not the case in 7th grade. Eh, good for them that they finally caught on...

Btw, the comments about me providing too much info, that was, um, me being non-serious (also known as joking by me). Sorry for being a smart ass right there.;)

Govtcheez
08-07-2003, 06:24 AM
> I listened to metallica long before most people even knew who the hell they were..

Wow, d00d, u r h4rdC0|23!!!!1

What possible difference would that make?

VirtualAce
08-07-2003, 08:17 AM
#define New_Metallica SUCKS
#define Old_Metallica ROCKS

FillYourBrain
08-07-2003, 08:19 AM
I think the new stuff is better actually, but that could be because I'm getting old. I think I'm going to go clean my dentures now.

Brian
08-07-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Bubba
#define New_Metallica SUCKS
#define Old_Metallica ROCKS

it's good practice to use all caps for definition.

i.e.

#define METALLICA SUCKS

Dohojar
08-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Wow, d00d, u r h4rdC0|23!!!!1

Learn to type in english and maybe I will consider the fact that you might actually have an opinion.

Govtcheez
08-07-2003, 01:18 PM
> Learn to type in english and maybe I will consider the fact that you might actually have an opinion.

You sure nailed me. That's obviously the way I normally type!

Since you can't see sarcasm unless someone craps it on your face, I'll just say it. When you started listening to Metallica doesn't mean diddly-doo with regards to anything you have to say, unless you're arguing about age.

FillYourBrain
08-07-2003, 01:38 PM
is "diddly-doo" english?:D

Dohojar
08-07-2003, 02:18 PM
well if you can to be sarcastic then I guess I can too, and obviously you can't tell what sarcasm is either. I am well aware of the fact that you don't type like that all the time. I may be opinionated but I am not stupid. So I will wipe that crap off my face and wipe it on yours. I am not trying to start a fight with you. If you have a question ask. There is just no need to be a dick about it.

When you started listening to Metallica doesn't mean diddly-doo with regards to anything you have to say, unless you're arguing about age.

I was just letting people know that I listened to them since the begining and that I am not just someone who jumped on the "Metallica Bandwagon" when the black album came out. Most people won't like the new CD because it is heavier than the last few piles of crap they have been making. I know too many people who have never even listened to Master of Puppets because it is "too heavy".
I like the new CD. It is a refreshing change for them and possiably a step backwards to thier roots.

confuted
08-07-2003, 04:17 PM
No, I haven't listened to the whole CD. I listened to the first half of it and shut it off, because it was so bad. I've listened to all the songs on many of their older CDs though, and those were excellent for the most part.

Nothing Else Matters was an example - not necessarily my favorite song by them, just one that lots of people would recognize.

RoD
08-07-2003, 04:39 PM
It is a refreshing change for them and possiably a step backwards to thier roots.

Are you insane???? Are you sure were talking about the same metallica, because thats the most false thing i have heard all day! This CD in NO way makes a step back to their roots, if anything it should sadden even more those who miss the real metallica, the original.

How long you have listened to them obviously didnt help you understand what was good and what is not.

Dohojar
08-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Are you insane????

Quite possible yes but my doctor says if I stay on the medication I will be fine. Ok maybe I was a bit optimistic about them going back to thier roots but I said it was a step. A small step yes but a step none the less. Why don't you like it so much. It is better than anything they have released in the 90's including that pile of dung, the black album. Nothing else matter could be a country music tune and it shows. but I guess that is what happens when you let someone named Bob Rock produce your CD's.

ygfperson
08-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Dohojar

I like the new CD. It is a refreshing change for them and possiably a step backwards to thier roots.
I have to disagree...

well, it's definitely heavier. But every song sounds the same. I have the same problem with slayer. On older metallica discs, every song was unique.

Just my opinion...

Anyway, I thought it was a bad thing that people threw stuff at Timberlake.

RoD
08-07-2003, 08:38 PM
>>Quite possible yes but my doctor says if I stay on the medication I will be fine.

Get a second opinion.

>>Ok maybe I was a bit optimistic about them going back to thier roots but I said it was a step. A small step yes but a step none the less. Why don't you like it so much. It is better than anything they have released in the 90's including that pile of dung, the black album.

I again disagree. I feel that it in no way goes back twords the roots, if anything it makes them further from them. I dont like it because it sounds like crap. And i can think of at least one album from the 90's better than this one, and sadly thats reload.

>>Nothing else matter could be a country music tune and it shows. but I guess that is what happens when you let someone named Bob Rock produce your CD's.

Are u listening to yourself talk??? Country music tune?? What country are u listening too!!!

Dohojar
08-07-2003, 09:08 PM
It is close enough to one for me. I makes me wanna cry and wish I had my girlfriend, dog, house and truck back!!!

RoD
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
First let me say i listen to some country. You must not listen to enough because it sounds nothing like country.

Dohojar
08-07-2003, 09:53 PM
I live in Calgary, Ab. I hear country all the time(yuk!! Not knocking you. It just isn't for me). It isn't country I agree but like I said, it is close enough for me. I hate slow sappy tunes. I like raw aggressive power(which is why I like Slayer and slipnot). The only thing I really find bad about the new CD is that it got old too fast. Now I am kinda sick of it but I still think it was better effort on thier part. Don't forget the fact that Bob did all the bass lines for it but now that they got an awsome bass player in Robert Trujillo
I think they will get better. I never like Jason but maybe Trujillo will give them the kick in the ass they needed(if he sticks around).

TechWins
08-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Everyone listens to different music and interprets music differently. This is no difference on what Dohojar is comparing the music to. It's simply his opinion, which is all that far fetched, imo, even though, I don't exactly agree with it.