PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with people who don't want to communicate?

Zewu
08-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Please read this dialogue that I had with a person on MSN:

me: hey, check out all these DVD's on this URL: *URL*
him: I know
him: why aren't you answering???
me: what is there for me to answer to then? I am sorry if I have missed something
him: never mind about it then!
me: but what do you mean? I don't understand this...........are you mad at me? Have I done something?
him: never mind!
me: ok, so you are not mad at me then?
him: yes I am
me: ok, can you let me know why?
him: no

After this, he most likely blocked me.

It kind of gives me panic when I have done something that I can't even know what it is, and that I can't consider apologizing for it. It does at the same time feel very frustrating to me, and I feel that I have more reason to be rude to this person than he has to me.

Anyway, how do you think that I should deal with this person the next time I get the chance to talk to him? Serious answers please

Govtcheez
08-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Sounds like your little buddy's an oversensitive whiny little guy. I can see why he's your buddy.

Ever think maybe he's mad about something else?

RoD
08-05-2003, 11:25 AM
The internet is laughing at you. Seriously tho, obviously he doesnt want to talk to you or explain it, let it go dude.

KurtSurge
08-05-2003, 11:26 AM
If it were me, I wouldn't talk to him the next time I had a chance. But that is just me.

Zewu
08-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by RoD
The internet is laughing at you. Seriously tho, obviously he doesnt want to talk to you or explain it, let it go dude.
Ok ROD, maybe you don't care about how you behave to other people, but I do. By the way, I can come to think of many people on this board that I believe don't view you so positively.

Govtcheez
08-05-2003, 11:32 AM
> maybe you don't care about how you behave to other people, but I do.

You didn't do anything wrong from what I can see. He's either oversensitive or you screwed his mom and didn't tell us.

RoD
08-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Zewu
Ok ROD, maybe you don't care about how you behave to other people, but I do. By the way, I can come to think of many people on this board that I believe don't view you so positively.

Sure i do. Just let it go. So some guy on the internet doesnt wanna talk to you, so what? If hes not going to help you understand what you did wrong then why waste your time, he obviously isnt worth talking too.

As for the other point, if i spent all my time trying to make everyone like me i'd be wasting my time.

Zewu
08-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by RoD
Sure i do. Just let it go. So some guy on the internet doesnt wanna talk to you, so what? If hes not going to help you understand what you did wrong then why waste your time, he obviously isnt worth talking too.

As for the other point, if i spent all my time trying to make everyone like me i'd be wasting my time.
I like you a lil more now :) thanks for ur advice

Shiro
08-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Maybe you didn't respond for a long time, while he would like to have some conversation going on. So he after a while he asked "why aren't you answering???". You seemed not to notice his wish for a conversation, to his experience, so that might have irritated him. When you kept asking what was wrong he might got mad at you that you didn't understand him.

If he won't tell you what his problem is, then let the problem with him and don't make it your problem too. Just let it rest and if it really is something he wants to talk about, he will start talking about it to you.

RoD
08-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Hmm, shiro's post made me go back and read it again. It appears as if u initiated a conversation, and he was waiting for you to continue on the topic after his initial response.

codegirl
08-05-2003, 12:22 PM
I agree with Shiro, but I couldn't help wondering -- is this a good friend of yours, or just some random person you met online? IMHO, how well you know him and how close you are also influences how much you should let this bother you...

Scourfish
08-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Yay! AIM log Drama!

hentaimonster99: hello, sup, k nice talkin to ya, bye
hentaimonster99 signed off at 9:12

napkin111
08-06-2003, 03:46 PM
I can come to think of many people on this board that I believe don't view you so positively.

I LOVE you ROD!!! You are one of the handful of defining people I think of when I think of this board!!!

RoD
08-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by napkin111
I LOVE you ROD!!! You are one of the handful of defining people I think of when I think of this board!!!

That could be taken in a very scary way :P

thnx i think lol.

Silvercord
08-06-2003, 04:14 PM
i often don't feel like talking to people. I hate it when people can't take hints and instead of leaving me alone pry for answers and stuff.

-KEN-
08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Silvercord
i often don't feel like talking to people. I hate it when people can't take hints and instead of leaving me alone pry for answers and stuff.

Hahahaha. I just noticed that I gave you they gay :).

As for seriescrystalzewu, I think your friend has a thing for you.

Zewu
08-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
As for seriescrystalzewu, I think your friend has a thing for you.
Actually......he's gay.

Oh well, I thought ppl would be too judging if I'd said that at first:P

RoD
08-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Most of us hang out over at FD also, were not going to judge gay people.

Zewu
08-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Ok, sorry. Guess I was judging you too hard :/

Silvercord
08-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I was going to say something about killing gays and jews but then I decided that that would be crossing some sort of a 'line' that should not be crossed. I mean, I don't want to become more unpopular than president bush do I?

RoD rocks! Just to let all'y'all know.(don't worry. I'm not from texas :P)

Yeah...

Seriously...

Huzza!

gcn_zelda
08-06-2003, 06:38 PM
RoD rocks! Just to let all'y'all know.(don't worry. I'm not from texas :P)

Yeah...

Seriously...

Huzza!

RoD
08-06-2003, 09:24 PM
You guys r great haha, i love this place, always a good laugh.

chiatello
08-06-2003, 11:59 PM
Please read this dialogue that I had with a person on MSN:

me: hey, check out all these DVD's on this URL: *URL*
him: I know
him: why aren't you answering???
me: what is there for me to answer to then? I am sorry if I have missed something
him: never mind about it then!
me: but what do you mean? I don't understand this...........are you mad at me? Have I done something?
him: never mind!
me: ok, so you are not mad at me then?
him: yes I am
me: ok, can you let me know why?
him: no

After this, he most likely blocked me.

It kind of gives me panic when I have done something that I can't even know what it is, and that I can't consider apologizing for it. It does at the same time feel very frustrating to me, and I feel that I have more reason to be rude to this person than he has to me.

Anyway, how do you think that I should deal with this person the next time I get the chance to talk to him? Serious answers please

that guys an ass

or like he hasnt had contact with other *humans*

joshdick
08-07-2003, 06:56 AM
How do I deal with people like that? Well, apparently I date them. I've a had a conversation like that countless times with several girlfriends. I think because we're programmers, we tend to be much more practical than the rest of the population. If I have something to say to someone, I will gladly talk to them. I will continue to talk to them until I run out of things to say. Then, there's silence. Then, the nagging from the other end, whether the medium be phone or IM. Females don't seem to understand that sometimes I just don't really have anything to say.

As for your situation, I've been there many times with girlfriends, but never with a male friend. I'd suggest just explaining that you had nothing more to contribute to the conversation. If he doesn't understand that, I don't have a clue what to do. I guess just hope that he continues to put up with you :P

Govtcheez
08-07-2003, 07:07 AM
> I think because we're programmers, we tend to be much more practical than the rest of the population.

Just say it. We're better than everyone.

Don't you feel better now?

RoD
08-07-2003, 09:46 AM
>>Don't you feel better now?

Tons. Want to help me take over the world? You can be mt drunken assistant chez!