PDA

View Full Version : Ankit Fadia

vasanth
07-31-2003, 10:42 PM
This kid is driving me crazy.. I read his books and tutorials.. everything is so lame in them but he claims is a world super hacker or whatever and also claims the FBI are consulting him on cyber terrorism.. What $$$$....

This guys does not even know how to code properly .( based on the C tutorials he has created).. and claims everything under the sun..

He is being championed by the media here... Even a portal signed him up as a gues or sometin giving him lots of money (publicity stunt for the portal)...

what do you guys think of this lamer...

MrWizard
07-31-2003, 11:27 PM
Never heard of him. I went to his site and looked at his C "Tutorial". I just scrolled down to where he had written some code and noticed this:

#include <stdio.h>

main() {

printf ("Hello World \n");

}

Yeah that is pretty much all I need to see in regards to his programming abilities.

vasanth
07-31-2003, 11:37 PM
well that fellow became an overnight celebrity without knowin much.. He wrote books which contained information available on most of the hack websites like how to get windows password, getting NT password etc etc explained in his own lame language and he is a prime star here...

No idea why the FBI would want to consult this lamer... He claims they did, even claims that some terrorist group contacted him for help. blah blah blah....

FillYourBrain
08-01-2003, 05:23 AM
it is possible to be an excellent hacker as well as a skilled coder without following the standards. What is proper does not define what is skill.

drdroid
08-01-2003, 05:52 AM
hacking windows isn't even a skill... you can hack onto windows easier than bill gates can make his users happy... :p . Seriously though, the password file is at easy access once you switch to dos mode.

Though I kind'a take back what I just said. An o/s is only as secure as the user makes it. Windows is the same there, but you'd think some security would be build in to windows, instead a pretty penny is supposed to be made out of each sale. Ahh whatever. :rolleyes:

vasanth
08-01-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by FillYourBrain
it is possible to be an excellent hacker as well as a skilled coder without following the standards. What is proper does not define what is skill.

hmm.. i agree with you.. but this guy is no good in anything... But brags a lot saying terrorists contacted him, FBI contacted him, etc etc.. It all talk and no work..

FillYourBrain
08-01-2003, 07:36 AM
oh you may be right. I don't know the guy, but I just don't see the connection between knowing proper C/C++ and other computer/programming skills.

Fordy
08-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by drdroid
hacking windows isn't even a skill... you can hack onto windows easier than bill gates can make his users happy... :p . Seriously though, the password file is at easy access once you switch to dos mode.

Only Mickey-Mouse versions like Windows 98....try that in Windows 2000 and you dont have a hope

drdroid
08-01-2003, 08:05 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by drdroid
hacking windows isn't even a skill... you can hack onto windows easier than bill gates can make his users happy... . Seriously though, the password file is at easy access once you switch to dos mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only Mickey-Mouse versions like Windows 98....try that in Windows 2000 and you dont have a hope

I agree, but you'd be surpised by the number of people who still use 98.

edit: I'm going to make a poll on this subject...

FillYourBrain
08-01-2003, 08:14 AM
98 was always intended for home computer use. For business use they used NT authentication schemes. They didn't even really store the password, just a hash from what I understand.

drdroid
08-01-2003, 08:21 AM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html
HEEEY!!! I'm not an idiot... WOOO HOOO!!! ONE MOOO TAAAIIIIMMEEE!!!

::click::

WOOO HOOO!!!

edit: http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42836 wow, this surprises even me.

Brian
08-01-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MrWizard
Never heard of him. I went to his site and looked at his C "Tutorial". I just scrolled down to where he had written some code and noticed this:

#include <stdio.h>

main() {

printf ("Hello World \n");

}

Yeah that is pretty much all I need to see in regards to his programming abilities.

Well, that is valid under the C89 standard.

Brian
08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
From Ankit's website
His Software: He is running Windows 95 on one partition and keeps switching between RHL 6.1 and SUSE on the other partition. He has IE 6 installed and mostly uses Outlook Express to receive and send mails.

Pretty much sums it up. Nobody who knows anything about computers uses Internet Explorer. Or outlook.

sean
08-01-2003, 10:00 AM
SPS. That's all it could be. SPS.

mart_man00
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Pretty much sums it up. Nobody who knows anything about computers uses Internet Explorer. Or outlook.
Thats what i was thinking for the longest time.

On another board some one said that one of the harder tests to pass is the MSCE, any truth to it?

He also said it covered more networking than Ciscos. Is it Windows-ified networking or real concepts?

Does being a MSCE really mean your more than a tech monkey?

valar_king
08-01-2003, 10:58 AM
From his site. How ironic:

Idols: Sabeer Bhatia, Bill Gates, Vijay Fadia, JK Rowling

Dislikes: Dishonest, Selfish and Egoistic people and also pretenders.

drdroid
08-01-2003, 01:47 PM
We should make this tradition, a weekly(or biweekly) bash of some random person... NEXT WEEK: BILL GATES!!!

mart_man00
08-01-2003, 01:55 PM
bash of some random person
How about some annoying techy(like Gates)?

I wonder how many will be flames...

sean
08-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Next week? Why wait?

Xei
08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Fordy

Actually, Windows 98, 2000, and XP all have exploitable RPC services, and i'm not talking about the buffer overflow issue here. You can exploit it to create a virtual command prompt, and telnet into it.

sean
08-01-2003, 06:20 PM
And thanks to System(), you could do that with pretty much any system.

confuted
08-01-2003, 07:52 PM
You'd have to get enough access to run a program before you could use system() to mess with people though.

Oh, and I use Outlook Express. I hate it, but Outlook and Outlook Express are the only things that can connect to the hotmail servers :-/ Hopefully I'll be getting rid of hotmail soon though, and that will be followed with getting rid of Outlook Express.

drdroid
08-01-2003, 09:06 PM
errr, try hotmail.com... that's how I do it.

bookworm
08-01-2003, 10:16 PM
I don't like him either.
On his website,he boasts of a tut. of giving title bars of Windows different colors without using the control panel.
That's what he calls hacking???!!!
When it comes to actual hacking time,he says he won't do it for his visitors!
Who the !@#$ asked him to do it,if u make a site,theleast u can do is atleast explain the basics!
And worst of all,he uses Windows for hacking,not Linux.
HAHAHA

vasanth
08-01-2003, 11:52 PM
that fellow is a millioner here because some sites have endrosed him for publicity... and the government departments are calling him for seminars and stuff because they think he is an expert on network security.. The police here dont even know the difference between a TV and a computer and now they have hired him to help solve cyber crime..... man that guy stinks..He says on TV that since people are jelous of him they speak about him like this...

Even the underground hacking community hates him here..

unanimous
08-02-2003, 12:39 AM
No offense to the guy, but all of his "Untold HT Truths" have all been told over and over again.....it would probably be a better use of someones time to go to hackers.com for good up to date info.

Xei
08-02-2003, 12:50 AM
I just read Ankit Fadia's BS page, and he is a $$$got. Anyways, he'll die in the real world. I don't believe one thing on that webpage. This script kiddie wont get anywhere in life.

**Edit**

We should all boycott his book. And if any of you have any of them, burn them.

mart_man00
08-02-2003, 11:18 AM
and the government departments are calling him for seminars and stuff because they think he is an expert on network security..
Well, hasnt he ever been hacked? Some other hackers from another country tell the truth about him? Its not that hard to ruin a guys image, it sounds like thats what you guys should do.

Plus maybe we will get our jobs back :D :D :D

valar_king
08-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Wow. This guy is good. Take a look at this 1337 stuff:

It all began with a simple email from the 'Hacker Underground'. Sixteen-year-old Ankit Fadia was warned of a few Pakistanis hatching a plan in a chat channel to attack an Indian Web site.

After gathering more information about the people behind the attack, Ankit pretended to be a member of the group by taking on a member's nickname and eavesdropped on their conversation.

Even as they discussed how they would deface one of India's leading corporate sites, Ankit Fadia had recorded a copy of the chat transcript and mailed it to a US spy organisation that had hired him. The corporate site was then pulled down for two hours and uploaded with anti-cracking software in place.

Only 10 days into his job with the international organisation associated with the US government, Ankit is nonchalant about his success. The Delhi Public School student explains: "They were basically Kashmiri hackers, who wanted to deface the site and put it up with the message that Kashmir belonged to Pakistan."

This entire episode was a single day's work for Ankit Fadia.

From a news site. What a looooser.

Let me put up some of his quotes:

I admire Kevin Mitnick a lot. In fact, I copy his style of spoofing IP addresses that I picked up via his official site. I am now known by that style.

[my book]...was a 15-day effort in my summer holidays...

There is not much that changes on the hacking scene. Only if the operating systems change, then one has to figure out new ways. For example Windows XP was tougher to break in as compared to the regular Windows.

drdroid
08-02-2003, 03:57 PM
lol, if you switch ankit fad'ias name everytime to Bill Gates it makes some pretty funny $$$$.

drdroid
08-02-2003, 03:59 PM
[/quote] quote:and the government departments are calling him for seminars and stuff because they think he is an expert on network security..

Well, hasnt he ever been hacked? Some other hackers from another country tell the truth about him? Its not that hard to ruin a guys image, it sounds like thats what you guys should do.

Plus maybe we will get our jobs back [/quote]
Yah, I'm going to send him a rusty pipe in the mail with the message - "Have fun, You know you want it... yup.. y'do."

valar_king
08-02-2003, 04:43 PM
You know how much it costs to ship a rusty pipe to India?
;)

mart_man00
08-02-2003, 04:50 PM
You know how much it costs to ship a rusty pipe to India?
lmfao!

gcn_zelda
08-02-2003, 06:05 PM
try looking
Here! (http://web.ask.com/web?q=how+much+does+it+cost+to+send+a+rusty+pipe+t o+india%3F&o=0&qsrc=0)

bookworm
08-03-2003, 09:46 AM
I thought we were flaming Ankit Fadia.
Now y do u need to speak crap about India?Let's not start posting links which defame India ,like vasanth's last thread,"Bragging Indians",shall we!?

mart_man00
08-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Now y do u need to speak crap about India?
Since theres some real IT people here im surprised indian bashing isnt a normal thing.

Maybe some companies will have good code...

vasanth
08-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bookworm
I thought we were flaming Ankit Fadia.
Now y do u need to speak crap about India?Let's not start posting links which defame India ,like vasanth's last thread,"Bragging Indians",shall we!?

haaaaa........ :mad:

bookworm
08-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey Vasanth,y r u upset over my stand?
I thought u would support me.
I did agree with your previous thread and this one too.But the last one got really nasty with guys posting links which stated unmentionable things about Indians.I just don't want that to be repeated again.
Hope its more clear now.

mart_man00
08-03-2003, 12:01 PM
But the last one got really nasty with guys posting links which stated unmentionable things about Indians.
What thread?

Did it really get that bad that quick? Sounds more like thread nazi-ing. What was said? Or is it just that bad?

bookworm
08-03-2003, 12:08 PM
They posted news articles about some Indian with a urinary disorder(thats all I can say) and a news article about some Indian with a digestive disorder(thats all I can say)
Basically,it led to the thread being a waste of time for reading.

P.S. Congratulate me folks!
This is my 100th post!
HURRAY!!! :) :) :)

vasanth
08-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by bookworm
They posted news articles about some Indian with a urinary disorder(thats all I can say) and a news article about some Indian with a digestive disorder(thats all I can say)
Basically,it led to the thread being a waste of time for reading.

P.S. Congratulate me folks!
This is my 100th post!
HURRAY!!! :) :) :)

hahaha.. ok i get it... Thats all you can say.. makes me laugh even though i should not laugh about issues about my own country..