PDA

View Full Version : Whos the Better Mascot?

unanimous
07-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Well here it is, the biggest decision you will ever have to make...who is the better mascot, the BSD Devil, Tux the Linux Penguin, or the Window for Windows?

http://www.freebsd.org/gifs/dae_up3.gif
http://images.mandrakesoft.com/img/tux-s.gif
http://www.frogdesign.com/design/brand/brand_identity/microsoft/graphics/logo.jpg

RoD
07-29-2003, 10:24 AM
Tux is :cool:

Hammer
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by RoD
Tux is :cool:
Why not just tick the box and click submit then :p

ZakkWylde969
07-29-2003, 10:45 AM
Tux is a fat penguin. Who doesn't love a fat penguin"?

codegirl
07-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Tux, of course, he's the cutest! :)

Hammer
07-29-2003, 10:55 AM
This is heading towards the spam bin. No more one liners denoting your fav mascot please .

Govtcheez
07-29-2003, 10:58 AM
The BSD Devil will kill Tux and make his fat into lantern oil.

Second line.

Zewu
07-29-2003, 11:00 AM
I don't know, this is kinda hard to decide.

To begin with, I can't actually recall having seen that devil.........but a devil, big and treacherous, that doesn't ring my bell, so we can exlude him.

Now that penguin looks kind and cute......but it's too obvious in a way, you notice they have made it just to look kind and cute.

The Window's window is kinda kind in it's own way.......it's not like it's trying to be obviously kind, but yet it's kindness is there. It symbolises the ambition of Bill Gates, and his friendly attempts to really raise a successful company. It's a friendly window, basically.

So after all, I guess I'll have to say the window. The devil is too evil, the penguin is too obviously friendly............While the window is untouched, yet warm.

Hammer
07-29-2003, 11:00 AM
@govt:
Goddammmmmiiittt!!! :: head explodes ::

Death by spam posts, what a way to go. Crap, it's 6pm, I've got work to do now :mad:

mart_man00
07-29-2003, 11:06 AM
The BSD Girl :D

Its the only pic of a girl with unix association thats hasnt been gimped :(

RoD
07-29-2003, 11:20 AM
The penguin could beatup the window lol. I've never heard someone use the words "kind" and "warm" in relation to anything microsoft related, and i must say im a little scared right now.

Shogun
07-29-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Zewu

The Window's window is kinda kind in it's own way.......it's not like it's trying to be obviously kind, but yet it's kindness is there. It symbolises the ambition of Bill Gates, and his friendly attempts to really raise a successful company. It's a friendly window, basically.

So after all, I guess I'll have to say the window. The devil is too evil, the penguin is too obviously friendly............While the window is untouched, yet warm.

HUH???? Are you sure you posted the right message? Bill Gates is an insane money obssessed guy trying to take over the computer world! (refering to paladium here) The only warm thing about windwos is the bugs which makes you so mad that your head gets warm :p

And I voted on Tux :cool:

codegirl
07-29-2003, 11:32 AM
The BSD girl? Do you have a link to that picture, or are you making a joke about the BSD devil that I don't get? (Hey, it's always a possibility... sometimes I'm pretty clueless!)

mart_man00
07-29-2003, 01:25 PM
I did a quick search and found this site (http://www.drwilco.net/bsd/lw2000_pics_by_JKH/) (daemonbabe.jpg was the first that i saw). But the site doesnt have all the pics, I only have like 2 others.

But this (http://toadstool.sh/images/misc/bsd-girl/) isnt too bad either.

codegirl, will you be the linux babe? :D linux really needs one that hasnt been gimped up.

codegirl
07-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Sorry, mart_man, but I don't think I'd make a very good Linux babe. About all I know how to do in Linux is change directories, create very simple shell scripts, and compile C++ programs :)

mart_man00
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
don't think I'd make a very good Linux babe. About all I know how to do in Linux is change directories, create very simple shell scripts, and compile C++ programs
All that matters is how good you look doing it :D

sean
07-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Here's a one liner just to make Hammer mad.

sean
07-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Seriously there are about as many "THTOP THPAMMING YOU GUYTH!" one liners from you as there are spam one liners.

they have made it just to look kind and cute.

You're right, that's odd, for a logo!

I also voted just because Linux is way better than Windows, an I'm sure Tux deserves some of the credit.

RoD
07-29-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by codegirl
Sorry, mart_man, but I don't think I'd make a very good Linux babe. About all I know how to do in Linux is change directories, create very simple shell scripts, and compile C++ programs :)

You've got me beat.

ygfperson
07-29-2003, 08:32 PM
I'd say tux, because he's aerodynamic.

frenchfry164
07-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Did you guys know that..................
TUX IS A GIRL!

She told me so.

sean
07-29-2003, 09:05 PM
I saw a game on CNet the other day where Tux was the main character. I think it was some game where he.... she slides down a mountain and you have to make her dodge all kinds of stuff... I'm gonna go download it now...

(psst... frenchfry - is she uh... single?)

frenchfry164
07-29-2003, 09:22 PM
Dude, she's mine!
(This is the official second line to stop complaints about one liners)