PDA

View Full Version : Prisoner: Cell Block H

Zewu
07-28-2003, 12:51 PM
I've asked about 'Hawaii-Five-0', but I haven't asked about 'Prisoner: Cell Block H'. So now I'm asking you, have you ever watched this show? Do you follow it? I sure follow it.......who can possibly dislike Cass or Reb Kean.....or Joan Ferguson? Let's not forget about old drunk Lizzie either.

Also, for more information about this stunning show: www.prisoner-cellblockh.co.uk

confuted
07-28-2003, 12:54 PM
I, personally, watch no television, by choice. There is nothing on it with enough redeeming value to justify me sitting there watching it. Most of it is just plain crap. (Just my opinion. You don't need to argue with me about it. If you like TV in general, or just a few shows, it's fine. I'm not trying to start a flamewar)

Govtcheez
07-28-2003, 12:54 PM
No.

Fountain
07-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Do we follow Cell block 'h'?

No as it finished in UK probably 10 yrs ago (or more) and has not been seen since.

'Vinegar Ti*s' was my favourite 'screw'-she was nasty.

Mind you, to mess with 'B' Smith she had to be!

Ahhh the paper walls etc. I miss you. Reminds you just how bad Australia is at making TV shows. :)

Hey, you mentioned the old bird Lizzie! She really looks like a chimp doesnt she?

Hammer
07-28-2003, 05:16 PM
>> finished in UK probably 10 yrs ago (or more) and has not been seen since.
Good riddance too :rolleyes:

frenchfry164
07-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Must of been before my time, I never heard of that show.

Brian
07-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by blackrat364
I, personally, watch no television, by choice. There is nothing on it with enough redeeming value to justify me sitting there watching it. Most of it is just plain crap. (Just my opinion. You don't need to argue with me about it. If you like TV in general, or just a few shows, it's fine. I'm not trying to start a flamewar)

you use the internet, and most of that is just plain crap.

frenchfry164
07-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Especially message boards about C++ programming..................

novacain
07-28-2003, 08:34 PM
>>Reminds you just how bad Australia is at making TV shows.

After the UK subjected us to 'Are you being served?', 'Love thy neighbour' ect we needed revenge......

Which is why we export shows like Prisoner, Neigbours, the Wiggles.

Don't forget lots of movies, like the Matrix are now made here.

Brian
07-28-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by novacain
>>Reminds you just how bad Australia is at making TV shows.

After the UK subjected us to 'Are you being served?', 'Love thy neighbour' ect we needed revenge......

and don't forget monty python, the young ones, red dwarf, blackadder and such.

sean
07-28-2003, 09:52 PM
I say Adam Sandler movies should dominate television 24 hours a day.

Zewu
07-29-2003, 07:25 AM
American humor is by far the worst. You always get the point, but you never find it amusing.

Govtcheez
07-29-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey, when I see anything out of Sweden that makes me laugh (besides the Swedish chef), I'll let you know.

edit: Trollin' trollin' trollin'

Watch it.

Zewu
07-29-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Hey, when I see anything out of Sweden that makes me laugh (besides the Swedish chef), I'll let you know.

edit: Trollin' trollin' trollin'

Watch it.
I agree, I too have seen very little coming out of Sweden that makes me laugh. I prefer British humor. Then I also have my own provocative and sadistical humor.

Zewu
07-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Anyway, Prisoner: Cell Block H, may contain ugly actresses as well as paper walls, yet, it's still a full good drama. If it wouldn't have been good, then why did they get to produce 692 episodes of it?

Fordy
07-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Zewu
American humor is by far the worst. You always get the point, but you never find it amusing.

At one point I would have agreed...but some of the tv programs that makes me laugh the most is from the US - Friends, Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy......

minesweeper
07-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Only Fools and Horses just rules them all. The scene where he falls through the bar was just glorious.