PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Kid: Episode II.

Pages : [1] 2

Cheeze-It
07-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Remember that Star Wars Kid? Sure you do...

Anywho, his parents are suing the kids who put the tape on the
internet. I laughed at the tape, and I actually still have it saved
somewhere -- but I still hope the parents win. It was a mean
thing to do.

In a statement of claim filed last week in their home town of Trois-
Rivières, the Razas say that Ghyslain was so widely mocked at
his private high school that he dropped out.

It's sad... Poor kid, you should all send him money.

Edit: Oops, forgot the link...
Star Wars Kid Link (http://www.globeandmail.ca/servlet/story/RTGAM.20030723.uboyyn/BNStory/National/)

slaveofthenet
07-24-2003, 12:29 AM
I'm getting tired of hearing about this kid, he's everywhere. Sure what the kids did was dumb, but his lawyers are asking for way too much, and If he wins this case then it's going to ruin the lives of 4 families. This kid needs to let it die and go play with his free iPod.

Cheeze-It
07-24-2003, 02:03 AM
The same anti-harassment laws that apply to working people
should also apply to kids in school. Imagine if your co-workers
did something like this to you. You couldn't work there anymore,
not with everybody making fun of you; and that would be reason
for a lawsuit; or so I think I remember hearing at one of our
company lectures. I was doodling most of the time...

Then again, maybe I dreamt the whole thing. It doesn't matter
though, because my dreams still make more sense than the real
world.

Since parents are already legally responsible for physical damage
that their children do to other kids (according to Judge Judy), then
why shouldn't they be responsible for mental damage?

It isn't easy to just let things go. He's freaking 15-years-old and
was being made fun of on a worldwide scale. That could damage
him for life. The kid probably already believes he's a fat, ugly, loser;
and thinking that 5 million people have the same impression of
him is the type of thing that could turn him into a self-loathing,
whacknut that lives in a closet and is afraid of the outside world.
He's going to have serious trust-issues when he gets older.

And I doubt it would ruin the other families' lives. Lawyers take
family assets into consideration before they sue people. They're
not going to sue someone for $225,000 if they can't afford it.
What would be the point? The lawyers are in it for money...

novacain
07-24-2003, 02:24 AM
>>And I doubt it would ruin the other families' lives. Lawyers take
family assets into consideration before they sue people. They're
not going to sue someone for $225,000 if they can't afford it.
What would be the point? The lawyers are in it for money...<<

WAKE UP!!!!!!! (LOL!)

You were slipping into that dream world again ethic...........

VirtualAce
07-24-2003, 08:21 AM
Lawyers take one thing into consideration when they sue people - their cut of the settlement. They don't 'care' about the people they are sueing.

confuted
07-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Stupid parents. Name your kid Ghyslain and what do you expect? Of course he grew up to be a loser, mocked by everyone who sees him. This loser just happened to find a way to be seen by a lot of people. Loser.

And they raised $3000 for an iPod? Look here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009J5W0/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/102-4262300-3494527) What did they do with the other $2500? Darn charity groups embezeling money donated to kids who will be losers for their entire life.

</sarcasm>

RoD
07-24-2003, 08:43 AM
thats really funny

Brian
07-24-2003, 11:28 AM
I think they should sue Berkley for implementing sockets, allowing the internet to happen, thus allowing Guyslain to be hurt in this manner.

I think it should be a class action suit, as the internet has been scarred by this, as a community.

:(

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 11:32 AM
and while you're at it, the fast food industry made him a little fatter which helped to make the video that much funnier. Sue McDonalds.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 11:35 AM
I should sue for making them spill my coke when I saw it. I lost 2 dollars worth of coke!

Xei
07-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ZakkWylde969
I should sue for making them spill my coke when I saw it. I lost 2 dollars worth of coke!

How did they spill your coke when you saw it? Also, if they spilt it, why did they not give you another one?

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
They didn't give a warning about I might spill my coke it is so funny. Frivilous lawsuites happen allot. Theres a guy sueing Burger King because their sandwhich was so good he crashed is car. Surprisingly they haven't dropped the case.

Govtcheez
07-24-2003, 12:07 PM
Theres a guy sueing Burger King because their sandwhich was so good he crashed is car. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

D'you have a link?

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
they should have dropped that case simply because he says that a burger king sandwich is good.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 12:21 PM
Sorry no link. it gets better because he also wanted to join in on the suing of Oreos (transfat acid thing) because he ate them allot and wanted to get 150k. The case was dropped though.

RoD
07-24-2003, 01:02 PM
After searching the internet i have concluded that i find that story to be false, can u find a link zakk? I cant.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 01:04 PM
It's a local story. It isn't some huge news story.

RoD
07-24-2003, 01:09 PM
Since when are lawsuits against fast food companies not immeadiatly released into national news? Also, when a link was previously asked for, why didnt u say that?

Govtcheez
07-24-2003, 01:13 PM
> Since when are lawsuits against fast food companies not immeadiatly released into national news?

Because they probably get sued for stupid stuff umpteen bajillion times a year.

> Also, when a link was previously asked for, why didnt u say that?

He said he didn't have one. Chill. Go crash your bike or something.

Silvercord
07-24-2003, 01:14 PM
yeah what the hell you guys are mean now I can't go to my private school and you won't even let me get money for looking dumb on the internet

sheesh

RoD
07-24-2003, 01:18 PM
well dammit now i wanna read the story.......thats just not right!

Xei
07-24-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RoD
well dammit now i wanna read the story.......thats just not right!
Google It (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22burger+king%22+%2Bsandwich+%2Blawsuit)

DavidP
07-24-2003, 02:08 PM
uh...not to feel out of the loop or anything, but who the heck is the star wars kid?

Cheeze-It
07-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by FillYourBrain
and while you're at it, the fast food industry made him a little fatter which helped to make the video that much funnier. Sue McDonalds.

Yeah, because that's similar. :rolleyes:

Jeez, at least put an effort into making sense.

>Frivilous lawsuites happen allot

It's frivolous. And it's a lot. And this isn't a frivolous lawsuit.
But that doesn't matter, because I play guitar better than you.

You know, I really hate to do this; I'm running out of places to
virtually chill. Bleh, screw it. You're all too mean; I can't associate
with you. You're all just bad people. Really, I thought you little
nerdlings would feel empathy for this kid. Don't you all have
terrible High School memories of being shoved in lockers? And
for you people that actually have the nerve to make fun of
someone because of their physical appearance; have we forgotten
how mean the kids were to you because of your chronic acne,
pale skin, and herpe lips? I expected more compassion from you
little dweebs.

So, consider this post my last on the Cprogramming.com forums.
It's sad... kind of, I don't know. The first couple days will be hard,
but if I got over Flashdadde, I'm sure I can get over this place.

ethic is almost dead; he's only registered at one more site...

Goodbye, all.

I feel I have to say something to -Ken-, first: I'm sorry. I love you.
Don't forget me. :kisses:

I'm going to pull the same thing that I pulled in my last reply at
FD, and in my last reply to the skank-poll here. Um, don't bother
replying to anything I said, because I won't see it. I know that
must be very frustrating (hehehe), but I don't care what you have
to say to me. So remember, you can't hurt my feelings because
I'll never read anything any of you ever write again.

That's all. Peace out, homies.

R.

confuted
07-24-2003, 02:21 PM
BASTARDS! YOU KILLED ETHIC!

UnregdRegd
07-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DavidP
uh...not to feel out of the loop or anything, but who the heck is the star wars kid?

This is the first I've heard of him too. His video must be the kind of thing that gets forwarded by and to middle schoolers, mainly. Out of curiosity, I visited a site with a video clip of Ghyslain Raza, and it isn't funny. I empathize with Ghyslain and feel repulsed by the callous behavior of the boys who originally posted the video. Because of this, I believe the lawsuit is justified.

I'm also shocked by the general lack of sympathy here. This is a programmers' forum! We all must have been mocked for being different at one time or another.

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 02:29 PM
dang! all I did was mock the lawsuit. I had no intentions related to killing ethic. Ethic obviously blew this out of proportion. Heck, he started this thread in a semi-mocking fashion himself. whatever. I don't see any apology making sense here anyway. ethic's gone a little cooky lately.

Xei
07-24-2003, 02:39 PM
Okay, see you later ethic. Have fun in your future with

Parkinsons Disease
Diabetes
Restless Leg Syndrome
Tumors
Air leaking from your eyes
Being eaten by a whale
Any other paranoia's that you have...

Hmm.. Ethic's leaving the board doesn't make much sense after he wrote this:

From Ethic's "Whales Kill Themselves" thread
"It exists because I want it to exist. I don't care what you think;
I don't care what anybody thinks. I'll write whatever I want,
whenever. This board is where I vent. I need to ramble, if I
don't, I'll go crazy."

I suppose he'll go crazy. :rolleyes:

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 02:42 PM
well either way, I was quoted in his final post. I take that as a complement from a very disturbed individual. all the best to ya ethic!

Xei
07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
By the way, does anyone know why he seems to have an obsession with -Ken-? Example:

From Ethic (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26690)
Are you pretty? I don't think so. With the exception of -Ken-, there's
no such thing as a person who is both smart and pretty. I'd
rather be pretty than smart. Intelligence fades, but beauty is
forever

Does he even have a job yet?

RoD
07-24-2003, 03:05 PM
i havent seen em gonna watch em at my buddies tonite.

PJYelton
07-24-2003, 03:18 PM
>>ethic's gone a little cooky lately<<

Yeah, hes always been demented, but lately he's been snappish and insulting... guess the little tyke wanted to make it easier for himself to leave...

-KEN-
07-24-2003, 03:23 PM
Of course he has an obsession with me :cool:. Most people here do. At least him and cheez can admit it. Oh, and lightatdawn too - but he's on the creepy obsessive side.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ethic
Yeah, because that's similar. :rolleyes:

Jeez, at least put an effort into making sense.

>Frivilous lawsuites happen allot

It's frivolous. And it's a lot. And this isn't a frivolous lawsuit.
But that doesn't matter, because I play guitar better than you.

Maybe you're just an ass? I think I'm better at guitar (Hmm..Hope I don't sound too ignorant/whatever saying that). I've been playing for about 4 or 5 years and I practice an hour or 2 a day. Guitar is a passion to me.

-KEN-
07-24-2003, 05:28 PM
>> ignorant

I think you mean arrogant, but I guess now you could place "bumble$$$$" there, too.

>>I've been playing for about 4 or 5 years and I practice an hour or 2 a day.

I'm sure you were a total rockstar when you were 9. Why are you replying seriously to this post, you complete waste of the forum's disk quota?

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I wasn't too serious in it. I wasn't lieing about the guitar thing. Trust me I wasn't a rock star. All I could play for the first year was Smells like Teen Spirit and very poorly. Took me a long while to get where I am now. But thanks for filling in the word for me. I couldn't think of the word but that was exactly what I ment.

**Edit- Heres a sample I recorded at a friends house. We just turned on the computer mike so it sounds crappy but tell me what you think. Click Me (http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112362_000003867_proj.mp3)

Xei
07-24-2003, 06:43 PM
I wasn't too serious in it. I wasn't lieing about the guitar thing. Trust me I wasn't a rock star. All I could play for the first year was Smells like Teen Spirit and very poorly. Took me a long while to get where I am now. But thanks for filling in the word for me. I couldn't think of the word but that was exactly what I ment.

**Edit- Heres a sample I recorded at a friends house. We just turned on the computer mike so it sounds crappy but tell me what you think. Click Me (http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112362_000003867_proj.mp3)

I can't tell whether it's music or whether it's somebody banging their guitar against a wall, simply because of the mic you were using. Do you have any better samples?

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Sorry. It was something I just recorded at a friends house for fun. I think my B string was somewhere inbetween a C and a B. I was messing with the effects so I think I have some chorus, reverb, a overdrive (Not much), and a tad bit of delay because delay is just pimp. But all I can suggest is turning the volume up a bunch so you can hear it.

*If you give me until Monday I can probably head over to Coreys and record something again and see if its any better. The quality sucks on that one but its all I got.

-KEN-
07-24-2003, 07:17 PM
I don't think that you're supposed to run a bow over your guitar strings and play it like a violin.

BMJ
07-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
I don't think that you're supposed to run a bow over your guitar strings and play it like a violin. ::covers ears::

Perspective
07-24-2003, 07:36 PM
maybe you should try a recording studio so you can get quality like this (http://www.illusionsband.com/illusions_dragontears.mp3)

although i warn you its not cheap....

btw: i think its good the parents are trying to get so much money. they'll pay a fortune in therapy

Lurker
07-24-2003, 10:36 PM
They showed the tape on TechTV's Unscrewed......and you still haven't heard of it? You mean it ain't national news yet :D ?

ZakkWylde969
07-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Ah. That would be a Zakk solo if I'm not mistaken. I can't afford studio time since it's around 1k for a day. You have to admit people my $$$$ aint too bad.

RoD
07-25-2003, 07:04 PM
got to see the original, the final jedi, and the reloaded versions, now that is some funny $$$$.

Xei
07-26-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by RoD
got to see the original, the final jedi, and the reloaded versions, now that is some funny $$$$.

They have reloaded versions!!? OMG, give me a link! I'm so excited! :cool:

Bieh
07-26-2003, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Xei
They have reloaded versions!!? OMG, give me a link! I'm so excited! :cool:

'Currently There Are 40 Clone Videos.
4 more in the making!'

http://www.jedimaster.net/

Xei
07-26-2003, 03:47 AM
This is the best thing ever! Im gonna make it into a DVD AND SELL IT! (He's my new hero!) hahaha

lightatdawn
07-26-2003, 04:00 PM
>>Of course he has an obsession with me . Most people here do. At least him and cheez can admit it.
>>Oh, and lightatdawn too - but he's on the creepy obsessive side.

All lies! And for that; I refuse to take anymore pictures through your windows from outside behind the bushes. ... Okay, maybe just a couple more.

-KEN-
07-26-2003, 04:01 PM
I'll strike a few poses to make you happy.

FillYourBrain
07-26-2003, 07:48 PM
curious. This thread was more interesting with the childish insults. whatever.

This
is
more
than
one
line.

Silly buggers with obsessive bias against one line posts. This has to be the only forum I've ever seen where that was such an issue.

edit: The thread in question is down below and closed. I got confused. This happens sometimes. Must have been the brain drain from all my one.... line.... posts. :eek: