PDA

View Full Version : Saddam's sons killed

Pages : [1] 2

Govtcheez
07-22-2003, 11:17 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/22/sprj.irq.sons/index.html

CNN reports 2 of Saddam's sons have probably been killed in a shootout with the 101st. No matter your thoughts on the war, this should be a good thing. Uday Hussein was a terrible, terrible person.

Fordy
07-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
No matter your thoughts on the war, this should be a good thing. Uday Hussein was a terrible, terrible person.

Agreed. Good riddance!

ZakkWylde969
07-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Just Uday? The entire family is evil.

Govtcheez
07-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeah, but Uday has a special place in hell (read: Flint) reserved for him.

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 11:28 AM
why were they terrible (im not arguing I just haven't heard anything about them because im a loser)

EDIT: except for:

Uday has a reputation for violence that includes torturing Iraqi athletes who do not meet expectations.

ZakkWylde969
07-22-2003, 11:29 AM
They were mini Saddams.. They killed allot of people and all. Just evil people.

Govtcheez
07-22-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Silvercord
why were they terrible (im not arguing I just haven't heard anything about them because im a loser) Stories I've heard of Uday in college (which sounds like a crappy movie) say he would force attractive women to date him, rape them,and then have them executed, either himself or by his bodyguards.

Govtcheez
07-22-2003, 01:47 PM
It's been confirmed by CNN.

ammar
07-22-2003, 03:27 PM
It's the best thing I've heard this year.
Although I wish they were captured alive so they could tell where is there father hidding( if he is alive ).

I really don't think they are human, because what they've done in Iraq is horrible.

ammar
07-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ken Fitlike
It's been confirmed by al-jazeerah too.

Check out the 'arab cartoons'...

edit: link thingy failed (could be a 'western plot'...) - just copy & paste link.

http://www.aljazeerah.info/News%20archives/2003%20News%20archives/July%20/22%20n/3%20US%20soldiers%20killed%20during%20the%20arrest %20or%20killing%20of%20the%20Saddam's%20sons%20in% 20Mosul.htm

The link didn't work...

By the way, I thought it was Aljazeerah TV, but it's not.

Ken Fitlike
07-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Try here (http://aljazeerah.info/). The link to the page with the story is on the left hand side.

ammar
07-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ken Fitlike
Try here (http://aljazeerah.info/). The link to the page with the story is on the left hand side.

Some of them are funny... And it will be better if you understand Arabic

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Did they give details as to what exactly happened? It seems that the US was tipped off and knew exactly where they were, but did the US have the intent to kill them, or to capture them alive and were fired upon? Probably the latter, but afterall we did try killing Saddam the first night of the war with tomahawks.

ZakkWylde969
07-22-2003, 07:55 PM
What I have heard is we were tipped off by a citizen they were there. We went in. Called for them to surrender and they refused and opened fire. Then we got into a long 6 hour firefight eventually killing them.

UnregdRegd
07-22-2003, 08:20 PM
So now some of Iraq's most brutal oppressors are dead. Let's all cheer, right? Wrong! The Iraqis can be relieved that such evil men can no longer bother them, but there is still something a little bizarre about cheering because of someone's death.

I am certain they won't be missed. Not even Usama ben Laden would call them martyrs of the faith.

sean
07-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Party at my house when you change your mind.

Cheeze-It
07-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by ZakkWylde969
What I have heard is we were tipped off by a citizen they were there. We went in. Called for them to surrender and they refused and opened fire. Then we got into a long 6 hour firefight eventually killing them.

You should stop referring to the US Army as we. You had
nothing to do with anything; you should feel no pride.

Same goes for you sports fans. You didn't win the Super Bowl,
and you aren't going all the way this year.

Poeple here actually have U.S flags on their cars, right below
their Utah Jazz flags. Everything has to be a freaking game or
contest with them. They suck. Boo them! Boo!

itld
07-22-2003, 10:17 PM
howdy,
A six hour fire fight to kill 4 guys, am I missing something here?

M.R.

Eibro
07-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by itld
howdy,

M.R. They consumed the corpses in a post-battle ritual.

ZakkWylde969
07-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by ethic
You should stop referring to the US Army as we. You had
nothing to do with anything; you should feel no pride.

Same goes for you sports fans. You didn't win the Super Bowl,
and you aren't going all the way this year.

Poeple here actually have U.S flags on their cars, right below
their Utah Jazz flags. Everything has to be a freaking game or
contest with them. They suck. Boo them! Boo!

God just shut the hell up. It isn't like you refer to anything as we for convenience. I'm not the only person that does it. Get a damn life.

nvoigt
07-23-2003, 05:09 AM
Two down, more to go...

Govtcheez
07-23-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by itld
howdy,

M.R. They probably didn't want to risk hurting any civilians. I'm sure they could have leveled the place if they felt like it.

endo
07-23-2003, 06:31 AM
I very much doubt that Saddams sons were alone, there must've been more than 4 people there...

Govtcheez
07-23-2003, 06:49 AM
Why do you say that?

FillYourBrain
07-23-2003, 07:01 AM
I agree actually. I mean it doesn't really add up. 4 guys, result is a really torn up building (did you see the pictures?). 6 hour fire fight? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

ammar
07-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by UnregdRegd
So now some of Iraq's most brutal oppressors are dead. Let's all cheer, right? Wrong! The Iraqis can be relieved that such evil men can no longer bother them, but there is still something a little bizarre about cheering because of someone's death.

I am certain they won't be missed. Not even Usama ben Laden would call them martyrs of the faith.

Death is usually bad, but not in the case of these two...

Many people died under torture, and in jails, and it was all because of them... so it's great that they died.

ygfperson
07-23-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by FillYourBrain
I agree actually. I mean it doesn't really add up. 4 guys, result is a really torn up building (did you see the pictures?). 6 hour fire fight? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
My guess is that the army advanced, heard gunfire, backed off... and this kept happening until they stopped firing (running out of ammo). Then we rushed them. 6 hours isn't a long time for a standstill.

FillYourBrain
07-23-2003, 10:57 AM
but the building looks like it was bombed. Unless that was a decision that was made at the end of the 6 hours I don't see what took so long.

ZakkWylde969
07-23-2003, 10:59 AM
I think they wanted to take them alive. It would be much better for them to take such important people alive. They tried and when it was evident that they couldn't they lit the building up.

Govtcheez
07-23-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm going to cling to the theory that it took so long because they were slowly torturing those guys. Yeah, I like that a lot more.

ZakkWylde969
07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I think I'm changing my theory now....:D

FillYourBrain
07-23-2003, 11:05 AM
that would be a good thing. I just read up on some of Uday's wonderful acts. The ones I love in particular are the two incidents where he showed up at a wedding and raped the bride in front of the groom and his family. One of the grooms shot himself. Nice guy.

Govtcheez
07-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by FillYourBrain
that would be a good thing. I just read up on some of Uday's wonderful acts. The ones I love in particular are the two incidents where he showed up at a wedding and raped the bride in front of the groom and his family. One of the grooms shot himself. Nice guy. Yeah, he was a shining example of humanity. Too bad he's worm food, now.

edit: Heads on pikes on the White House lawn, anyone?

FillYourBrain
07-23-2003, 11:10 AM
I wonder what Saddam's next recording will sound like. They're coming every couple weeks aren't they? I wonder if he'll address this.

ZakkWylde969
07-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Yeah, he was a shining example of humanity. Too bad he's worm food, now.

edit: Heads on pikes on the White House lawn, anyone?

I heard they might take pictured of the bodies and post flyers all over Iraq to get the word out that they are really dead. That will be a huge crush to the people still attacking us.

Govtcheez
07-23-2003, 11:49 AM
That will be a huge crush to the people still attacking us. Doubtful. Pictures are pretty easily faked, and the people fighting aren't going to want to believe it.

ZerOrDie
07-23-2003, 11:49 AM
That will be a huge crush to the people still attacking us.

:rolleyes: no it will most likely just result in more attacks

FillYourBrain
07-23-2003, 12:10 PM
no it will most likely just result in more attacksI think in the case of the former Iraqi regime its a little different. It's not as if they're fighting for Islam. They fight for the Hussein family. If the Hussein family is gone, I don't see it continuing. But Saddam is still there clearly. So you might be right for the moment.

Cheeze-It
07-23-2003, 03:47 PM
I heard they might take pictured of the bodies and post flyers all over Iraq to get the word out that they are really dead. That will be a huge crush to the people still attacking us.

They aren't attacking you, they're attacking them.

itld
07-23-2003, 07:20 PM
howdy,
Damn Ethic take a deep breath dude.
I'm not convinced Sadam is still alive, maybe but a special delivery of 5000# bombs within close proximity to where you are having lunch is not a benifit to ones health.

M.R.

Clyde
07-24-2003, 04:06 AM
They aren't attacking you, they're attacking them.

The world would be a much MUCH better place if people thought like this.

sean
07-24-2003, 08:42 AM
Shut up ethic. I'm talking to YOU, not THEM.

Who cares what happens to the pictures? Let's (yes, US) just spread 'em anyway. How come no one showed up to my party? I had to eat all the dip myself!

sean
07-24-2003, 08:46 AM
And something they mentioned on the news that I didn't know - apparently they've now captured something 38 or 42 or something of the card deck - that's pretty darned awesome.

ygfperson
07-24-2003, 10:27 AM
I have that card deck...

now I can mark off the ones we've got...

Anyone see the pictures of the dead guys? There's a link to them on yahoo news.

Govtcheez
07-24-2003, 10:33 AM
Yeah, they're pretty grainy and nothing really remarkable.

PJYelton
07-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Yeah, when I saw the disclaimer that parental discretion is advised and that they were graphic, I was expecting some bloody pictures. Instead its just four head pictures, all slightly bruised.

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 12:35 PM
it would be pretty gross to release anything more graphic.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by PJYelton
Yeah, when I saw the disclaimer that parental discretion is advised and that they were graphic, I was expecting some bloody pictures. Instead its just four head pictures, all slightly bruised.

And the slight gash in the face thats a couple inches long and deep.

FillYourBrain
07-24-2003, 12:46 PM
ya, Uday looks pretty mangled.

ZakkWylde969
07-24-2003, 12:50 PM
I'm surprised thats all that happened to them. I mean they launched a damn missle into a building smaller than a house. I would have thought they would have been incinerated at least.