PDA

View Full Version : My uncle died

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 09:56 AM
My uncle Gus (my mom's brother) was found dead. He was a drug addict and had diabetes and was an alcoholic, so there was a whole cocktail of ways he could have died. They think he overdosed on something, but he might have forgotten to take insulin or something. I don't know what to feel, but I don't feel much of anything. Well, I feel a little sympathy for him, I feel more sympathy for my mom because she's sad, but what the hell, it isn't like he was murderered or something, he either forgot to take his $$$$ing shots for his diabetes or he shot up on heroin and then passed out and died.

The thing that makes all of this worse is that my mom's mom is also going to die soon, she's 79 and doesn't have much time left, and all of this is happening after my mom and I got into a big fight and we threw chairs and $$$$.

i'm going to go play quake2

ZakkWylde969
07-22-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 10:39 AM
and now I have to attend his funeral in mass, and then on sunday I'm going to california for the national youth leadership forum on technology. i live in maine. this is a lot all at once

adrianxw
07-22-2003, 10:53 AM
It's always sad to hear of someone's death. The older you get, the more frequently it happens, and the more relevent it becomes too.

>>> this is a lot all at once

A sad fact of life. Try not to let it get to you.

Life. Hate it, or ignore it. You can't like it. - Marvin.

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 11:25 AM
I wasn't close to Gus, it's worse seeing my mom so damn upset.

Govtcheez
07-22-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry, man. That's rough.

ammar
07-22-2003, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry man.

My advice to you is not to make things worse for your mom at this time, you should know that she is having bad time, so don't make it worse.

... I know how does it feel to be in this situation.

Silvercord
07-22-2003, 07:05 PM
My mom and I have never had a close relationship but I'm trying to be nice to her, to be supportive. I found out that they were close when they were younger...losing a close sibling must be one of the worst things.

thanks for being cool you guys

VirtualAce
07-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Very sorry to hear about it.

:(

When it rains it pours.

Remember that every storm ends eventually.

Eibro
07-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
Very sorry to hear about it.

:(

When it rains it pours.

Remember that every storm ends eventually. Yeah?? What about that one on Jupiter (or is it Mars...)

sean
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
You must be thinking if Jupiter....

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Cord.

sean
07-22-2003, 09:09 PM
And how the heck does a gay virus multiply, Eibro?

incognito
07-23-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by sean_mackrory
And how the heck does a gay virus multiply, Eibro?

lol I got some veeeeery wrong answers for that, I won't even comment.........

about you silvercord, just try to be nice to your mom (or nicer), you don't want to feel like you treated your mom like $$$$ before she dies, and then you won't have way to make it up. Take advantage of the time you have left with her now.

nvoigt
07-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Sorry to hear that. Welcome to the real world. It's way uglier than it looks from the outside :(