PDA

View Full Version : Good music to FIRE YOU UP! during a workout?

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 11:03 AM
I just started running again, and my first run (a little more than 5 miles) got me pretty tired. I have an mp3 player which I play to strap on my shorts when I run, and play some music to keep me going when it gets tough. I'm looking for some fast paced, wild music. What I have so far is:

Pretty much all metallica songs
Rob Zombie songs

What else do you think? Any specific songs? I'm looking for stuff that is REALLY wild and gets you MAD and FIRED UP!

Thanks.

XSquared
07-13-2003, 11:20 AM
For something really heavy, Slipknot.

ZakkWylde969
07-13-2003, 11:21 AM
I say you listen to Megadeth! Holy Wars can really pump you up.

codingmaster
07-13-2003, 11:47 AM
techno: voodoo serano, dj dean, tomcraft.......

adrianxw
07-13-2003, 12:36 PM
>>> gets you MAD

Barbie Girl by Aqua. Every time I hear that I get mad.

SourceCode
07-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Wow 5 miles on your first run is nuts. Be careful you don't get hurt! I run also, well atm I am not since I hurt my knee, but normally when I do run I listen to sloooow music.
I like to go into a relaxing trance-like state while I run. I do alternate though and listen to rap sometimes.

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 12:57 PM
I like to get mad when I run. I need music to remind me of all the times I want to hit my parents in the face, or swear at them, or punch somebody, or kill people, things like that. Know what I mean? Then I forget about running and am just so mad I keep going.

slaveofthenet
07-13-2003, 03:04 PM
Pantera.

Eibro
07-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Rammstein
- Adios
- Feuer Frei
- Ich Will
- Küss mich
- Mein Herz brennt
- Der Meister
- Halleluja
+ Many others

ZakkWylde969
07-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by slaveofthenet
Pantera.

Pantera owns

ammar
07-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ZakkWylde969

Yeah, I love MegadetH...
All their albums are great except Risk

Actually any thrash metal song can really pump you up!

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 04:18 PM
ughhh...i just tried some megadeth....they suck imo

Rob zombie rules though, and metallica
Pantera seems good too

ammar
07-13-2003, 04:33 PM
So you don't like Thrash Metal...

Metallica is good( the first 5 albums ), Pantera is good also...
But Rob Zombie is very different it's even Metal( as I see them, they seem more like TECHNO )

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 04:45 PM
WOW slipknot is great for what I'm looking for they really go crazy. Megadeth was a bit too quiet and boring for my likes. Slipknot is effing wild man, imagine them in concert!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'd say the best for getting me fired up during workout is:

1) Slipknot
2) Rob Zombie
3) Metallica

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Oh man slipknot is so awesome I must post again...

GO SLIPKNOT!

golfinguy4
07-13-2003, 05:11 PM
Rage against the Machine

I'd prefer listening to Beastie Boys though.

XSquared
07-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Leeman_s
Slipknot is effing wild man, imagine them in concert!!!!!!!!!!!
They kick the $$$$ outta each other on stage, actually. :D

the Wookie
07-13-2003, 05:52 PM
slipknot is a joke..saw them open for the met boys at ss2k..blah they were terrible.

foo fighters usually is upbeat, i mostly listen to metal, but usually you gotta pay attention and whatnot..foo fighters works good for upbeat stuff

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 06:04 PM
You have to admit, listen to some slipknot songs and they are the loudest, most full of sound, maddening, craziest kind of songs that will make you forget you're working out and just make you go crazy! I can't understand the lyrics because they don't sing, they scream, but that's what makes it wild!

But when I'm not looking to get pumped up I listen to Metallica, Rob Zombie, Good Charlotte, Billy Joel, Styx, Jigga man jay z, the tokens, nostalgia from moscow, techno remixes, chemical brothers, the proclaimers, supertramp, lots of good stuff like that.

ZakkWylde969
07-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Corey Talor owns as a frontman.

Eibro
07-13-2003, 06:59 PM
You have to admit, listen to some slipknot songs and they are the loudest, most full of sound, maddening, craziest kind of songs that will make you forget you're working out and just make you go crazy! I can't understand the lyrics because they don't sing, they scream, but that's what makes it wild!

But when I'm not looking to get pumped up I listen to Metallica, Rob Zombie, Good Charlotte, Billy Joel, Styx, Jigga man jay z, the tokens, nostalgia from moscow, techno remixes, chemical brothers, the proclaimers, supertramp, lots of good stuff like that. Curious, have you listened to any Rammstein?

ZakkWylde969
07-13-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Eibro
Curious, have you listened to any Rammstein?

I have. They seem sort of like Pantera (not as heavy though) to me. But I don't understand what they are saying and lyrics are a huge factor in my music.

XSquared
07-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Corey Talor owns as a frontman.
Yeah. I used to like Slipknot, but now I like Stone Sour better. Corey has a good voice, and in Stone Sour, you actually get to hear him sing.

Leeman_s
07-13-2003, 11:19 PM
I didn't download any Ramstein yet, I downloaded some Pantera which seems pretty good. What I like about slipknot is the wild and crazy screaming. I mean, what can get you more fired up than heavy banging music with a guy screaming in the back?

Is Ramstein as heavy and loud and screamish and fast as slipknot?

o0obruceleeo0o
07-13-2003, 11:34 PM
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

slaveofthenet
07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
If you haven't already, check out $$$$ing Hostile, Cowboys from Hell, and Mouth for War by Pantera. Also, Rammstein is pretty damn cool, and if you can understand German then their lyrics won't be too hard to understand.

Cheeze-It
07-14-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by o0obruceleeo0o
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Hehehe, I hope you're joking. That's the funniest thing I've
ever read. I can just imagine somebody running and listening
to that... Hehehe..

Very funny. :)

Eibro
07-14-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by ethic
Hehehe, I hope you're joking. That's the funniest thing I've
ever read. I can just imagine somebody running and listening
to that... Hehehe..

Very funny. :) Why is that funny? That song certainly gets me pumped.

ammar
07-14-2003, 05:54 AM
Band like Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Rammstein, are very defferent from bands like Metallica, MegadetH, Iron Maiden, etc...

So you cann't realy compare them to each other...

If you like songs with great solos, great lyrics( that you can understand ), you should listen yo MegadetH, Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc...

But If you want songs with heavy rythm, screaming, etc.. you should listen to Rob Zombie, Slipknot, etc...

biosninja
07-14-2003, 06:15 AM
One band : Cradle Of Filth

Govtcheez
07-14-2003, 06:18 AM
Needs more:

Final Countdown, by Europe.

Seriously, though, if you want to get pumped up, try some punk. Real punk, not that Good Charlotte crap.

Eibro
07-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ammar
Band like Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Rammstein, are very defferent from bands like Metallica, MegadetH, Iron Maiden, etc...

So you cann't realy compare them to each other...

If you like songs with great solos, great lyrics( that you can understand ), you should listen yo MegadetH, Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc...

But If you want songs with heavy rythm, screaming, etc.. you should listen to Rob Zombie, Slipknot, etc... Please, don't mention Rammstein with the likes of Slipknot.

ammar
07-14-2003, 09:15 AM
>>Please, don't mention Rammstein with the likes of Slipknot.

Rammstein is also different from Slipknot, you are right.

I'm not a Rammstein fan.. I hate the use of Keyboard in their songs, it gives the impression of a techno song not a metal one! Although the rhythm is sometimes good

jdinger
07-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Seriously, though, if you want to get pumped up, try some punk. Real punk, not that Good Charlotte crap.

Amen to that. something like His Hero Is Gone, Time In Malta, AFI, etc.

Eibro
07-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Another band of I thought of: Dimmu Borgir

FloatingPoint
07-18-2003, 10:15 AM
PROTOTYPE.

ammar
07-18-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Eibro
Another band of I thought of: Dimmu Borgir

It's a good band, but I hate the voice of the singer, he really SUCKS!

Scourfish
07-19-2003, 12:43 AM
DDR!

kristy
07-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Rob Zombie songsDefinitely! (What about Zombie's previous band, White Zombie?) Pulley, Linkin Park, Alice Cooper, Rammstein and some trance is good too.

FloatingPoint
07-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Metallica's FADE TO BLACK...:(

XSquared
07-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Scourfish
DDR!
DIE!

Scourfish
07-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by XSquared
DIE!

Then I suppose that it won't help to tell you that I almost beat "Healing Vision (Angelic Mix)" on maniac this morning.

XSquared
07-20-2003, 10:33 PM
I don't mind if you play it, I just don't like the music.

Scourfish
07-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by XSquared
I don't mind if you play it, I just don't like the music.

J-Pop = Audio Crystal Meth

in other words, J- Pop is fun stuff

Xterria
07-21-2003, 07:45 PM
HOLY CRAP I LOVE THAT SONG!!! I listen to it while i benchpress

BMJ
07-22-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Scourfish
J-Pop = Audio Crystal Meth

in other words, J- Pop is fun stuff First time posting in a while... but I MUST say...

J-pop needs to disappear, it encourages the growth of this manga-obsessed "artistic" youth, the truth is everyone in HS draws manga and pimps it around to show everyone how creative they are for watching too much anime and subsequently learning how to replicate the style.

J-pop sucks.
Anime is ok - just don't draw it plzkthx.
Rammstein rapes my virgin ears, and it is so good :D

Scourfish
07-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BMJ
First time posting in a while... but I MUST say...

J-pop needs to disappear, it encourages the growth of this manga-obsessed "artistic" youth, the truth is everyone in HS draws manga and pimps it around to show everyone how creative they are for watching too much anime and subsequently learning how to replicate the style.

J-pop sucks.
Anime is ok - just don't draw it plzkthx.
Rammstein rapes my virgin ears, and it is so good :D

Don't worry, when you get to college, those manga obsessed students will be gone; most of them flunk out after a semester, leaving only dorks like me.

FloatingPoint
07-23-2003, 07:23 AM
In Flames' Jotun (off Whoracle)