PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy....god no, plz no

Pages : [1] 2

RoD
07-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Aite im keeping this clean i need to get it out tho. Today the latex based product from walmark made by a durable company fell off and i didnt notice it missing till after a adult activity. Chemicals of a certain nature were everywhere and she hasnt been on a medication you take orally to prevent pregnancy long enough for it to be effective.

I'm 18, jobless, and terrified. Just have to talk bout this.

vasanth
07-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Abort!!!!

Eibro
07-08-2003, 10:05 PM
How dangerous is this chemical? Is it flammable? Corrosive? Poisonous? I think you should call poison control.

On a side note: How long ago was it? Go to the hospital and get some of those free pills (in Canada at least...) that cause the egg to self-destruct.

adrianxw
07-08-2003, 10:07 PM
There are a number of so called "morning after" pills available for this kind of situation. I don't know where you'd get them in the US, but they are available from ordinary doctors here.

RoD
07-08-2003, 10:09 PM
This was just today. There was some in the rubby and alot, ALOT on the bed....were going to give it a few days and see what happens i think, its probably not going to go anywhere im jus nervous.

Terrance
07-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Don't have her wait to take the mourning after pills. I think they work for a max of two weeks after the possible pregnancy. But it's better to take them now than later.

Anyways, if you do get her pregnant, say goodbye to a big part of your future.

Eibro
07-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Armed with a pair of rubber gloves and a guide to the female anatomy, one could potentially perform the abortion while watching the football game.

RoD
07-08-2003, 10:23 PM
How dangerous are these pills....

Eibro
07-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by RoD
How dangerous are these pills.... They're not dangerous at all. Infact I usually put a handful of them in my cereal every morning.
Note that most of them are only good for around 72 hours after the "pregnancy". Side effects include nausea, vomiting and tender breasts :D (not joking either)

adrianxw
I do not believe they are any more dangerous than the normal hormone based contraceptive pills They are frequently given to rape victims.

Google around, there's sure to be some resources out there. From memory, they use a class of hormones called "prostaglandins" if that helps.

Terrance
Originally posted by RoD

I know you aren't sure if she's pregnant, but pills are far less dangerous than an abortion.

Anyways, my step-brother got her girlfriend pregnant, and now they're going through the whole abortion process. I'd avoid that at any cost.

Perspective
07-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RoD

they do have side affects. the longer you wait the less effective they are. talk to a doctor.

adrianxw
07-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Morning After Pill (http://www.morningafterpill.org/)

RoD
07-08-2003, 10:39 PM
This is obviously a really sensitive matter for a girl, how can i go about bringing this up? Thnx for the link, appreciate it.

adrianxw
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
She must know that a pregnancy in your combined circumstances would be a disaster, and is probably a bit worried about it herself. Doesn't she work in the health care line? She's probably way ahead of you.

Eibro
07-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by RoD
This is obviously a really sensitive matter for a girl, how can i go about bringing this up? Thnx for the link, appreciate it. ... You mean she didn't notice in the first place? Edit: Damn, adrian is quick tonight :)

Perspective
07-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RoD
This is obviously a really sensitive matter for a girl, how can i go about bringing this up? Thnx for the link, appreciate it.

first bring up the possibility of a posative test result and ask her what she would want to do in that situation. if she doesnt faint/slap you/cry at the thought of an abortion, the pill would be a good suggestion. the pill is not an abortion but may cause moral issues similar to that of abortions. just tell her your trying to consider every possability when you bring it up.

RoD
07-08-2003, 10:44 PM
ectopic pregnancy-can be life threatening

It is possible ... that a woman using ECPs could have one of the dangerous or even fatal complications that have been reported in very rare cases with normal, prolonged use of birth control pills. These include: thrombophlebitis (blood clots in the legs), lung clots, heart attack, stroke, liver damage, liver tumor, gallbladder disease, and high blood pressure

There are no long term studies to show whether women will be permanently damaged, or risk such diseases as cancer, from these chemicals being given in such high doses.

Im liking this less and less.

adrianxw
07-08-2003, 10:46 PM
If you check up on the possible side effects on many commonly used drugs, you'd never take them.

"that have been reported in very rare cases"....

RoD
07-08-2003, 10:47 PM
man u guys are quick. She just got her EMT certifications, yes. Were definitly going to talk bout it, kids are way down the line for me, and she just started college. Not to mention i want to be together for a long time and married first ya know. Im too young for a kid.

adrianxw
07-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Good luck.

>>> Damn, adrian is quick tonight

Tonight? it's 6:50 AM here, and I'm going out now so the floor is yours!

Terrance
07-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RoD

From a psychological stand point:

1. I suggest buying her flowers.
2. Admit that you were wrong, and don't put any blame on her.
3. Tell her you want her to use the pill, with the fear that she may have to get an abortion (remember to compare the pill to the abortion, because it downplays the use of the pill).
4. Collect as much information as you can on the mourning after pill, and give her all the positive information that indicates why it's better to use the pill than to get an abortion.
5. Try to get her to persuade herself into taking the pill (people are more likely to do something if they think it's their own idea).
6. Empathize with her (empathize means to see things from the other person's perspective, with sympathy).

anyways, that's from a psychological stand point.

But I'd suggest talking to her about it ASAP!!!

RoD
07-08-2003, 11:02 PM
yea tomorrow afternoon when i see her we will

Terrance
07-08-2003, 11:09 PM
two other points:

Don't argue with her over the situation!

and

Listen to her and don't interrupt!

Anyways, good luck with the situation.

alpha
07-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Good luck!

RoD
07-08-2003, 11:21 PM
Thanks alot guys, as usual your nothing but helpful.

Eibro
07-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by RoD
Thanks alot guys, as usual your nothing but helpful. Punch her in the face, and don't tell her until after you've chained her up in the kitchen, cookin' you a big steak.

vasanth
07-09-2003, 01:23 AM
well best of Luck to you ROD....

TO all Americans
Some how your way of life and culture seems a bit odd to me( may be thats whay you think about us).... Here it is a social Taboo to have a girl friend... But times are changin... Guys do have GF's but never herd of it reachin a level other then smoochin and stuff......

No offence here..

damonbrinkley
07-09-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by vasanth
well best of Luck to you ROD....

TO all Americans
Some how your way of life and culture seems a bit odd to me( may be thats whay you think about us).... Here it is a social Taboo to have a girl friend... But times are changin... Guys do have GF's but never herd of it reachin a level other then smoochin and stuff......

No offence here..

I'm sure it's quite the opposite.....your culture is a bit odd to not have a girlfriend.

nvoigt
07-09-2003, 05:00 AM
Well, no sex before marriage probably is an anachronism in western civilizations.

RoD: Don't panic. Try adrianxws suggestions. I wouldn't worry about side effects. She might have to see a doctor about this pill anyway, s/he will tell her what the side effects are. If you take this seriously, I should have died from my prescription free cold medicin years ago.

SourceCode
07-09-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by vasanth

TO all Americans

No offence here..
So guys just have FWB? Or do they wait till marriage?

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Dude, go to Planned Parenthood or the equivalent in your area. They'll be able to give you real answers and they've dealt with this many, many times before, I'm sure. All of our answers here are good, but we're not exactly qualified medical people.

Guys do have GF's but never herd of it reachin a level other then smoochin and stuff......
That sucks.

And I don't mean to troll a little, RoD, but if you're not ready for a kid, don't have sex... It can kinda be a consequence of the action.

Clyde
07-09-2003, 06:48 AM
And I don't mean to troll a little, RoD, but if you're not ready for a kid, don't have sex...

I wouldn't go that far... (hell i don't want a kid right now!) just err be more carefull :)

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I kinda thought about that after I posted. I mean, I'm probably not ready for a kid, but I sure as hell know that's a possibility. Not that RoD didn't know that's a possibility, but...

Ah, to hell with it. Just be a little more careful.

vasanth
07-09-2003, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by SourceCode
So guys just have FWB? Or do they wait till marriage?

well 95% of the time it is all aranged marriage. But this trend is slowly changing and our elders call it westernization of our youth.. blah blah blah...

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 08:09 AM
You guys still do arranged marriages? Wow... Do they work?

vasanth
07-09-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
You guys still do arranged marriages? Wow... Do they work?

yep.. some how they seem to work perfectly.. it is the love marriages that seems to be ending in gutters here.. May be due to the reason that most families here are joint families.. Usually after the marriage is fixed there is a year of time or sometin.. Time for people to get to know each other i guess.. but some communities it is just a week or so... Some how i feel that the concept of aranged marriage has to change..

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 08:16 AM
That's interesting, thanks vasanth...

Seems like an antiquated thing that wouldn't work, but hey, I'm sitting in a country with a 50+% divorce rate. On the other hand, jsut because they stay together doesn't necessarily mean they're happy.

vasanth
07-09-2003, 08:33 AM
That's interesting, thanks vasanth...

Seems like an antiquated thing that wouldn't work, but hey, I'm sitting in a country with a 50+% divorce rate. On the other hand, jsut because they stay together doesn't necessarily mean they're happy.

i completely agre with you.. not every one is happy after arranged marriage.. but the general trend is that they makeup.. and do spend quality time... But the rural sides are worst.. the wife being il treated etc etc...

GanglyLamb
07-09-2003, 08:38 AM
But the rural sides are worst.. the wife being il treated etc etc...

Yeah heard stories from some Indian guy who lives in belgium for a year right now.
Isnt it that a women can be burned alive or something when she has done something wrong... i think this burn-alive-thing also had something to do with marriage ... or maybe it was this old Indian saga aah i forgot and its quite off-topic so ill just shut up for now.

Clyde
07-09-2003, 09:20 AM
i completely agre with you.. not every one is happy after arranged marriage.. but the general trend is that they makeup..

I've heard some fairly awfull stories from my girlfriend (she comes from Pakistan, maybe the issues are different there)

vasanth
07-09-2003, 10:36 AM
hmm well the burning stuff is called sati.. it was practised 50 years back when the wife was burnt along with the dead husband.. This was abolished by Raja Ram Mohan Roay with the help of the british long back... But it was found that it happened in recent years in a remote village.. After this all the villagers were punished by the government for being mute spectators by cutting all service to the village such as monthly ration, water, electricity etc... and all the ment who were at the ceremony were arrested. That village seem to have learnt its lesson now... But in Pakistan the situation is worse... where honour killing takes place...

But as a whole here.. in Urban areas.. many woman lead top notch companies and enterprises. .. so there are still things to be corrected.

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
> cutting all service to the village such as monthly ration, water, electricity etc...

Jesus Christ!

vasanth
07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
> cutting all service to the village such as monthly ration, water, electricity etc...

Jesus Christ!

well everything is resumed now.... It was cut untill they all agreed that this will never take place in the village again...

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah, but still... What if they had never resumed? Would they just have cut the village off from the rest of the world? Seems kinda barbaric.

vasanth
07-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but still... What if they had never resumed? Would they just have cut the village off from the rest of the world? Seems kinda barbaric.

hmm.. but no other way to teach the villagers not to do it,, since it was a whole community which supported it.. cannot put the whole community behind bars..

Govtcheez
07-09-2003, 11:37 AM
So punish the people who actually did it. Jeez... I can't believe they'd cut off a village's water.

I can just imagine if thet hadn't given up

"Well, looks like that genocide taught those people!"

Brian
07-09-2003, 11:41 AM

"Well, looks like that genocide taught those people!"

hahaha.
hahahaha.
hahaha.

I'm being insensitive, but
hahahahaha

napkin111
07-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Crap RoD, its always something with you...good luck in this matter...

On a side comment all of Eibro's comments have made me laugh thouroghly, thanks Eibro. (I think he is drunk or high or some combination thereof)

//napKIN

frenchfry164
07-09-2003, 12:14 PM
Dude, that sucks. Try to get her on those pills. I mean abortion is like terrible, and if you can avoid it, try.

Good luck. My cousin had a baby when she was like 17, and she ended up having to drop out of high school. I think the dude she's married to is the father, but I'm not sure (she lives far away, so I don't know her well)