PDA

View Full Version : Your view of the future of the software industry

moemen ahmed
07-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi all,
Next year will be my last in university , I study civil engineering , but I dont intend to work in this field, otherwise I would like to work in the programming branch, I learn by myself in home , I know C++,VB, and some database stuff. As you can see its not so great, so I like to learn more things, and I was wondering if you may share your view of the future of the industry and the most important tools and language I should learn, and if its so important to get a certification (MSCD ,K..etc) .
Thanks in advance for reply

Xei
07-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Your MCSD may be important depending on what you want to do. It certainly is not essential. If your an electronics engineer you likely wont need it. If you will be using Visual C++, Visual Basic, etc.. to make Windows Applications then you can become certified under that language. Your MCSD works slightly different than most certifications, it certifies you under a certain language, it doesn't certify you to be a software developer in general - if you know what I mean. Perhaps you knew all this anyways, but it's good to know before you just jump right in.

vasanth
07-04-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by moemen ahmed
Hi all,
Next year will be my last in university , I study civil engineering , but I dont intend to work in this field, otherwise I would like to work in the programming branch, I learn by myself in home , I know C++,VB, and some database stuff. As you can see its not so great, so I like to learn more things, and I was wondering if you may share your view of the future of the industry and the most important tools and language I should learn, and if its so important to get a certification (MSCD ,K..etc) .
Thanks in advance for reply

I though that you guys get well paid by the pharos for building and designing the pyramids... :D :D

moemen ahmed
07-04-2003, 05:33 AM
unfortuntlly, pharoas stopped paying us,as they took all thier wealthes with them in thier tombs :(