imagine going to prison for the rest of my life for it. How can they
get away with doing this to someone? It's such crap. This country
is dumb.

Fordy
07-03-2003, 04:07 AM
a jury recommended the maximum sentence because he had previous convictions

SourceCode
07-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Life is way to harsh, I don't care if he beat the crap out of his wife and spit on a cop, it's just too much.

zornthrohacker
07-03-2003, 06:55 AM
If you do something to a cop the punishment is like twice as severe, which is stupid.. There trying to ban vedeo games where you 'hurt' cops too.

endo
07-03-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by SourceCode
Life is way to harsh, I don't care if he beat the crap out of his wife and spit on a cop, it's just too much.

that makes me laugh when I look at your avatar :p

rotis23
07-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Source Code, is that Sabotage?

Fountain
07-03-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by zornthrohacker
If you do something to a cop the punishment is like twice as severe, which is stupid.. There trying to ban vedeo games where you 'hurt' cops too.

So I guess my PC's Vice City will one day be a collectors item. Hoping so anyhow...The sniper rifle loves to take out cops...and the rail gun demolishes police helicopters....ummmm maybe they should ban it!

Perspective
07-03-2003, 12:31 PM
If you do something to a cop the punishment is like twice as severe, which is stupid..

why is that stupid? if you risked your life everyday to keep the streets safe would you not like some extra protection from the law?

zornthrohacker
07-03-2003, 02:12 PM
Ya, I guess your right - I was mostly refering to vedeo games though. That's taking cop protection too far..
:rolleyes: Anyone stupid enough to repeat vedeo games in real life is a comepleat idiot. Anyhow freadom of speach, the press. I could see them requirering vedio games that harm cops to be rated M but I don't think they should ban them. Vedio games are for entertainment not ideas and aren't ment to be repeated.

That guy probably deserved 5 years, I wouldn't wan't to be spit on. Anyhoe life, that's going a bit far - just like banning vedeo games.

Cheeze-It
07-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Fordy
--a quote about previous convictions..

He could have only received a year in prison for beating his wife,
but he got life for spitting on a police officer? That makes no
sense at all. So, a police officer's dignity (because I don't believe
the "possibility of transmitting a deadly disease" reason) is more
important than a woman's health? These stupid police officers
actually believe they deserve unconditional respect. They don't.

It's Oklahoma, and this is so typical of them. I doubt the fact that
the guy's last name is "Marquez" didn't have anything to do with
the life sentence.

Spitting is gross, but life in prison over it? Besides, it's just spit.
There are so many other more disgusting bodily fluids that a man
can place on someone... I can think of at least three.

I'm not defending the guy, I'm just mad that the justice system
even allows this kind of sentence to be placed on somebody for
something so small, and such a lite sentence for something like
beating your wife.

Eibro
07-03-2003, 04:08 PM
There are so many other more disgusting bodily fluids that a man
can place on someone... I can think of at least three.Hold on, is poop one of them??????

valar_king
07-03-2003, 04:41 PM
Anyone stupid enough to repeat vedeo games in real life is a comepleat idiot.

And what does that make someone who spells complete as comepleat?

Commander
07-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Eibro
Hold on, is poop one of them?????? he said liquid man! then again if u have ..... nvr mind...
p.s. i just remebered the stunt from jackass where the guy goes to the toilet store and .. yeah i think i'm gonna throw up

sean
07-03-2003, 09:27 PM
That is a little harsh, but if they remove his conjugal visit rights, they're doing us all a favor by removing him from the gene pool. That's just plain stupid no matter what the sentence.

civix
07-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Imagine if someone jizzed on a cop...O.o

novacain
07-03-2003, 11:36 PM
>>'ve spit on so many people over the years...

Diseases including potential serious infections such as meningococcal illness, whooping cough, hepatitis A, hepatitis B and glandular fever are spread by saliva.

Call me all the names you want, physically push me round and I will not respond, except to walk away. Your not worth my time or effort.

Spit on me or mine and I will beat the c**p out of you.

civix
07-04-2003, 03:22 PM
Well said, novacain. :)

frenchfry164
07-04-2003, 03:51 PM
It all goes back to the system of an unbalanced government. The law is enforced by the government, therefore the workers of the government think they OWN the law. I agree, cops put their lives on the line day after day to keep us safe, but that doesn't make them any better than you and me. Life? In prison? That is utterly stupid. You know how valuable and short our lives are? This is another thing that makes me think we are back in the days of monarchy! I swear AMERICA IS STUPID AND I WISH I WAS BORN IN ANOTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY! Canada has its problems with idiots, but it is so much better up there.

This is just sad. America is sad. I hope some country invades us and takes us over. Heck, it would be nice if Canada and Great Britain teamed up and kicked our asses!

Xei
07-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by frenchfry164
It all goes back to the system of an unbalanced government. The law is enforced by the government, therefore the workers of the government think they OWN the law. I agree, cops put their lives on the line day after day to keep us safe, but that doesn't make them any better than you and me. Life? In prison? That is utterly stupid. You know how valuable and short our lives are? This is another thing that makes me think we are back in the days of monarchy! I swear AMERICA IS STUPID AND I WISH I WAS BORN IN ANOTHER DEVELOPED COUNTRY! Canada has its problems with idiots, but it is so much better up there.

This is just sad. America is sad. I hope some country invades us and takes us over. Heck, it would be nice if Canada and Great Britain teamed up and kicked our asses!

lol, I've often wished that the U.S. would take over Canada just to smite the liberals. But now I noticed we're not so different. Hehe.

Okay, I have an idea. CProgramming could make a cult and we could start by taking over a small town/village, and finally make our way up to large cities. We might be able to purchase a private school and brainwash the children to work for us to take over the world.

frenchfry164
07-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Good idea! And the way we would rate how sucessful you are is how good you can program and take in caffeine!