PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when your bored?

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 09:42 AM
This is something that is asked lots of time here, but im bored sincec last week....

All i do on a day is turn on comp sit in front of it 10 hours then turn it off.In the evening drink some booz, home made cocktails and smoke greenery....
The village i live in is sooo boring, there are two thing you can do overhere: go to a bar/club or go to a bowling place...
Going to the bar has become boring as well: the only thing you do there is drink beer and smoke illegal things...
The bowling is even more stupid then thqt becoz your not allowed to smoke there...

Anyhow this is how my life looks like sincec last week.
<Therefor what do you ppl do when your bored, when its bad weather (rain etc)??

ps: comp thingies and the things i mentioned above are out of the question since thats also getting boring..

grtz,

Lamb

DrakkenKorin
07-02-2003, 09:43 AM
sleep.

plain and simple

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Well i sleep enough becoz in the evening im always high on something or drunk so ... if i go to bed at 3 o clock in the evening ill be out of bed next day at 3 in the aftfernoon...

Sleeping is also out of the question...

::edit::
i just need to do something active...
But i can only thin of things i cant do like a bank robbery, parasailing, climbing the everest, jump off a rooftop/bridge...

I even have been thinking of modding my gun so it shoots these balls sooo hard away... (wich would be crazy/dangerous )

Govtcheez
07-02-2003, 09:52 AM
> Going to the bar has become boring as well: the only thing you do there is drink beer and smoke illegal things...

And? AND?!?

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 09:56 AM
And? AND?!?

What and its just boring... alright its fun for 2 days but the fun% is going down after a couple days...
And the negative side of such a life is that you always need more to actually feel lightheaded.

Ooh yeah there also girls at the bar, but they are all ugly IMO .. i live in an ugly village.

If i want to go out in the city i have to take public transportation wich is only available till 12 o clock in the evening (because you are only allowed to drive a car when your 18 yrz and 9 months "normally").

Its a real dead village cruise around the village at noon and you will see no one its just like theres a war and everyone is hiding in their houses.

If i do like i did last year and ill go sit in the parc making fun of the elderly ppl the copps come and give me a ticket(harrasment)..

I even climbed on a factory last year with friends because we had nothing to do, we all got a warning and a ticket fom the copps (the case has to be trialed but is prolly going to be put in the trash..)

Anyway ive done everything i can do and im bored.

Only thing wich looks fun is go and steal a trolly from the market and drive around with it.
Talking about stealing hell 2 uyears ago i stole this small motorcycle to go cruisin with it with friends in the forest (that was awesome but the motorcycle got broke:()

Bwa i dunno theres just nothing to do!

confuted
07-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Don't smoke pot. That's stupid. Don't drink either. That's also stupid.

Go grab a book and read it. If you don't have a library or a bookstore (lol) try Kazaa. There are lots of ebooks on there.

Go biking. That can be fun.

Learn a new API, like OpenGL. Write a game with it. I haven't seen that Pong game yet, either :P

Pretend you're German and invade France. That's always good for some laughs. Or pretend you're Napoleon and invade Germany, if you want to switch it up a bit. Just stay away from Russia. That's a bad place to invade. :cool:

Just some ideas.

Nutshell
07-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Man..Im never bored. Basically, i always have some task on hand, or am learning something (e.g. 3d modeling at the moment). But i do get bored at one thing once in a while, but not because i have nothing to do. Hope i have more spare time.

Sleeping = dreaming, my favor. time of the day.

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 11:40 AM
Learn a new API, like OpenGL. Write a game with it. I haven't seen that Pong game yet, either :P

Last week was kinda messy, having some personal troubles and most of all the ball acts weird in the pong game, especially because i had to divided paddle movement into 6 pieces to work correct, thuis i need to do collision in evry piece.. (i think im making it myself a lil bit too hard but anyway ill get it working)

And aah yeah ocne again im going to a bar tonight, but ooh its slightly different from all the other nights.. its a different bar, rythm & blues bar (kinda cool relaxing with these couches you can chill on).

About learning some API, im behind a comps screen 2 much a day so thats not gonna work, although "read a book" sounds interesting.

Biking:: sounds cool if i could have transportation to get me and my bike 500 kilometres to the south ;).

Maybe i should go sailing more often... but then again then i need transportation to get my boat in the water (its lying in my garden right now).

Oh and i just figured out what ican do tomorrow : im gonna call a girlfriend from sometime ago, see if she cant come over to my place. Coz within a month im off for a year so i want to see evryone i know be4 ill depart.

Anyway ive got ideas for tomorrow for tonight just keep on partyying =>bleh (parrty-ing is getting boring)

Laterz,

Ganglylamb.

Govtcheez
07-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by blackrat364
Don't drink either. That's also stupid.
I choose to disagree.

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Anyone saw this movie called Swiri be4 ?
If so is it a good movie ?

Govtcheez
07-02-2003, 12:15 PM
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0192657

GanglyLamb
07-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Thx govt, i alrdy did a google search but then istumbled in onto a pafge and before i knew i knew the whole story
:: now trying to forget it anyway::
hehe im off we are gonna watch that movie tonite (smoke some pot drink some cocktails and yeah lifes pÍrfect again).

C ya'll

Ganglylamb.

zornthrohacker
07-02-2003, 12:45 PM
My freind allways goes to the 'kill everyone progject' (do a google search or something). The whole idea is to click this thing as maney times as posible, It gives you stats like: clicks per minuit, total clicks... My freind has like 100,000+ clikes, he's upsesed and disterbing.. Plus unusually addicted to invader zim, he eaven makes comicks about zim and ,himself - he calls invader zerg.

edit: This is probably the site... (http://homokaasu.org/killeveryone/)
Try this, it's so freekin funny (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41419)

Silvercord
07-02-2003, 09:13 PM
I eat cats when im bored

Commander
07-02-2003, 10:09 PM
i hit my head in the wall, that ALWAYS makes things interesting!

Perspective
07-02-2003, 11:08 PM
when im bored:

- comp stuff
- rollar blade
- sex
- work
- write/play music

i keep busy between that stuff and work. i might look into that cat eating thing though, sounds interesting...

GanglyLamb
07-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Yeah the cat eating things sounds cool,
How do you cook them or do you have to put it in the microwave first or somethin...
Hehe puttin animals alive in the microwave sounds cool...
::off to catch a frog::

valar_king
07-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by GanglyLamb
Ooh yeah there also girls at the bar, but they are all ugly IMO .. i live in an ugly village.

With enough alcohal and... other stuff... they won't be.

Shadow
07-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Gas + pop can + golf club = gas golf
PVC Pipe(any size, 4" round, heh) + PVC End Caps + Gun Powder = Firecrackers
Pop jug + rolled tin foil + toilet bowl cleaner = McGuyver Bombs
Fertilizer + gasoline + newspaper pouch = fertilizer bomb
Big Fountains + Black Cats + Bottle Rockets(all sizes and performance) + artilery shells = Fireworks
Loud music/PA equipment/HI-FI equipment + DVDs + WWE Wrestling = tv, movies & music
Computer stuff = programming, games(American McGee's Alice lately, or arcade/nes/super nes emulation), downloaded music videos & movies, web page/web site stuff, chatting
Outdoor = fireworks, driving, going to nicer/bigger town parks, boardwalk towns/areas of town, pedal bike/10-speeding
sex

I'm not bored very often.

confuted
07-05-2003, 02:30 PM
>>Gas + pop can + golf club = gas golf
Don't.

>>PVC Pipe(any size, 4" round, heh) + PVC End Caps + Gun Powder = Firecrackers
Definitely don't.

>>Pop jug + rolled tin foil + toilet bowl cleaner = McGuyver Bombs
Don't.

>>Fertilizer + gasoline + newspaper pouch = fertilizer bomb
You need fertilizer with a high nitrate content for this to work well, and don't.

>>Big Fountains + Black Cats + Bottle Rockets(all sizes and performance) + artilery shells = Fireworks
A bad choice. It might be better than the others though.

>>Loud music/PA equipment/HI-FI equipment + DVDs + WWE Wrestling = tv, movies & music
Wrestling is stupid, but the rest is all good.

>>Computer stuff = programming, games(American McGee's Alice lately, or arcade/nes/super nes emulation), downloaded music videos & movies, web page/web site stuff, chatting
Good stuff.

>>Outdoor = fireworks, driving, going to nicer/bigger town parks, boardwalk towns/areas of town, pedal bike/10-speeding
More good stuff.

>>sex
You can't do that alone very well if you don't have a willing partner (and if you do it with an unwilling partner, you're going to jail.)

sean
07-05-2003, 03:56 PM
And once there, you will drop the soap, and become the unwilling partner yourself. Just stick to staring at a brick wall.

Shadow
07-05-2003, 04:09 PM
- edit -
I had originally quoted everything blackrat said, but, eh..Electronic Igniters and 25-50' of igniting cable works fine, and areas with no cops help. The gas golf I haven't done, because I don't like the idea/concept, but it looks pretty cool at night. Sex is always with willing partners.

Everybody has their own tastes..