PDA

View Full Version : I think I have Parkison's Disease.

Cheeze-It
06-30-2003, 07:58 PM
I'm serious. Last night, seconds before I fell asleep, my legs flew
up in the air -- for no freaking reason. I was just laying there in
bed, eyes closed, then blam! My legs flew up! Totally involuntary.

I know this has happened to me before, but I can't remember when.
This sucks so much. I'm falling apart, and with all these diseases
I'm suddenly getting, I don't see how I can live past the end
of the year.

Parkinson's was the first possibility that entered my mind. After
a few mintues of research, I've found that another possibility is
that I have Restless Leg Syndrome, but personally I think I have
both. Some of the websites say I should go have a neurological
exam, but that sounds expensive. I think I'll just ignore it, maybe
it'll go away. I won't let it get to me, I won't let the spasms win.

Children, you have it good. Don't take life for granted -- no matter
how bad you think you have it, there's always someone who has
it worse than you. Here I am, 21 and a walking defect. If I've
managed to cope with Benign Eyelid Myopia, Diabetes, Parkinson's,
and Restless Leg Syndrome, then maybe that'll inspire you to
cope with your trivial problems. If my sacrifice has inspired just
one person in my 21 years of life, that life was worth living.

Remember me (preferably in statue-form)...

Love,

ethic.
Your Leader.

gcn_zelda
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
I thought I might have Alzheimer's Disease, but I can't remember what it is...

RoD
06-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Ok ethic man im not trying to insult you, but isnt there a term for people who think they have all kinds of diseases over small stuff? First diabetes and now this?

Speedy5
06-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Yea there is a term, not sure what. I think you're overly depressed and that you should get out and take a walk. That will probably help. "Negative Creeps" aren't fun to be with, btw hehehe.

sean
06-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Like Bob Wiley? Ah... funny movie.

Ben_Robotics
06-30-2003, 09:27 PM
as most of us already know one of the problems common to many ppl sitting in front of the computer is sever back pain! this is a very serious condition as it will most probably lead to disability in persons under 50. when you have back pain you are experiencing disc degeneration/hernation meaning a sever protrusion of the gelatinous material of the disc. this is also known as an intra-disc breakdown by a relatively low nerve supply to the disc. this is usually caused by lack of exercise which would mean lack of muscle production. in males this could eventually lead to deep vain thrombusis, beathing difficulties and even thrombocytopenai and hemolysis. In females similar conditions + possible breast reduction! this also has psychological effects such as low self-esteem and low sexual drive(usually in males).

as for you ethic, you "most likely" dont have Parkinson's disease! it is still unclear what causes it but this should help:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/health_and_medical/pubs/parkinson's_disease_backgrounder.htm

remember you only qualify if your feet flow in the air periodically--meaning every single night or sleeping period. at the moment you might be experiencing night leg cramps, although usually painful, but not necessarily occur with pain!

but......

the lesson here is really to exercise periodically. go to the gym. go for a walk! its summer after all! try to relax your body and soul by thinking positively about yourself and the world around you! try to sit up straight at all times; take several deep breaths when you get in the bed and release them slowely, trying to relax! do some lower back exercises (for example):
http://www.thermacare.com/4_2_1.shtml
go for a swim. do some travelling (if money and time permitting), listen to some jazz and country :D or whatever type of music that relaxes you! think about your future and where you want to be heading and start planning!

good luck!
Ben

JaWiB
06-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Actually...That happens to me sometimes, well not necessarily my legs, but often I'm lying in bed when suddenly my muscles spasm for no apparent reason...never any other symptoms though...

Oh, it's called 'hypochondriac'

http://www.queendom.com/tests/fx/hypochondriac.html

Hypochondriac's epitaph: 'I *told* you I was ill.'

adrianxw
07-01-2003, 12:05 AM
ethic:

Had you considered poltergeist activity? You may not be sick - you may be haunted!

Cheeze-It
07-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by adrianxw
ethic:

Had you considered poltergeist activity? You may not be sick - you may be haunted!

Ooh, speaking of ghosts, I have a scary story; it's 100% true,
too.

I was 5, and my cousin and I were outside digging a hole in his
backyard. Not a big hole, just a little hole barely big enough to
bury alive an action figure or something. Anyway, about 3" into
the hole, we hit an egg. An egg! Yolk and white started oozing
out of the hole. We don't know where that egg came from. How
did an egg happen to be in the ground at the exact same position
we were digging the hole? An egg doesn't sound like something
evil, but the way we discovered it... I better stop, it's 1:20AM and
I'm starting to scare myself.

adrianxw
07-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Whilst gardening at my parents house, finding an egg was a relatively common occurance. Animals, in the case of parents garden, foxes, tend to bury caches of food for emergencies.

DDPhoenix
07-01-2003, 08:27 AM
Ethic, maybe a quick checkup with your doctor would help clear things up? Or maybe just start eating a lot of apples. . . about the leg-twitch, though, that could be just fatigue or weird dreams messing with your body when you sleep. Have you been getting enough sleep these days?

Xei
07-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Have you considered being a Comedian, ethic? I think you'de do a good job at it.

In any case, sometimes when I am laying in bed I feel like I am falling all of a sudden and I kind of twitch for a moment. Hehe. I'm not to worried about it, the 'twitch' is probably from me trying to brace myself but then the falling feeling goes away.

o0obruceleeo0o
07-01-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Xei
sometimes when I am laying in bed I feel like I am all of a sudden and I kind of twitch for a moment. Hehe. I'm not to worried about it, the 'twitch' is probably from me trying to brace myself but then the falling feeling goes away.

same exact thing happens to me!

DDPhoenix
07-01-2003, 01:27 PM
Another theory might be that aliens have targeted you for research. They might be trying to abduct you with a tractor beam in your sleep, feet first. However, they probably don't want people to notice or panic on a large scale (which might result in the discovery of their efforts and a potential retaliation against them), so they turn off the tractor beam as soon as you wake up. Congratulations, you survived! Unless, of course, your lifelong aspirations involve being a part of an alien study. . .

Commander
07-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DDPhoenix
Another theory might be that aliens have targeted you for research. They might be trying to abduct you with a tractor beam in your sleep, feet first. However, they probably don't want people to notice or panic on a large scale (which might result in the discovery of their efforts and a potential retaliation against them), so they turn off the tractor beam as soon as you wake up. Congratulations, you survived! Unless, of course, your lifelong aspirations involve being a part of an alien study. . . Finally a logical explanation!!! i'm not joking!

deltabird
07-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I don't know about you guys, but this guy is funny. ethic. It's sort of like a comedy post. lol, seriously. This guy is funny!