PDA

View Full Version : three wishes

Carlos
06-24-2003, 04:57 AM
A Programmer, a Product Manager and their manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out in a puff of smoke.

The Genie says, "I usually only grant three wishes, so I'll give each of you just one."

"Me first! Me first!" says the Product Manager ."I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world."

Poof! She's gone. In astonishment, "Me next! Menext!" says the Programmer. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of pina coladas and
the love of my life." Poof! He's gone.

"OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."

MORAL OF THE STORY: Always let your boss have the first say.

GanglyLamb
06-24-2003, 05:21 AM
:D funny, but i dont think the moral is always rite.;)

golfinguy4
06-24-2003, 11:09 AM
8.5 out of 10. Not too shabby.

hk_mp5kpdw
06-24-2003, 11:25 AM
If I had the first wish, could I wish for the other two people to make their wishes according to my desires? Then I would at least get two good wishes.

adrianxw
06-24-2003, 11:55 AM
I've always thought the best third wish in the old three wishes ploy was "three more wishes please".

JaWiB
06-24-2003, 02:27 PM
sounds a bit like a blond joke i've heard...only they found the genie on an island and the last one to wish was the blond :D

ammar
06-24-2003, 03:32 PM
Nice joke...
I've heard other "versions" of it, but I like this one!

major_small
06-24-2003, 08:36 PM
haha... pretty good... now i'm wondering what the blonde joke was though =/

edit: wait, did that joke end with: "beat me half to death with it"?

novacain
06-25-2003, 12:07 AM
>>I've always thought the best third wish in the old three wishes ploy was "three more wishes please".<<

Got to be careful as in Genie V1.3 and lower this can cause an endless loop........

golfinguy4
06-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by novacain
>>I've always thought the best third wish in the old three wishes ploy was "three more wishes please".<<

Got to be careful as in Genie V1.3 and lower this can cause an endless loop........

Not a bad thing in this case. Infinite wishes.:)

alpha
06-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ammar
Nice joke...
I've heard other "versions" of it, but I like this one! agreed.