PDA

View Full Version : robot programming in JAVA

Ben_Robotics
06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Good day folks,

I was wondering if anyone has looked for some robot
programming in java before. I have looked in google but wasnt quite able to see any tutorials on robot programming, particularly using Java!

I appreciate your time and attention!
Cheers,
Ben

Eibro
06-23-2003, 01:58 PM
What if these robots become self aware and enslave you in the matrix?

Commander
06-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Eibro
What if these robots become self aware and enslave you in the matrix? to ensure that doesn't happen, they are mostly programmed in BASIC.....we're safe.....atleast for now:(

Ben_Robotics
06-23-2003, 08:43 PM
:D
You guys are too funny! LOL.
But i guess nobody can help me out here!
well, tnx for the help!
Ben

tgm
06-24-2003, 07:01 AM
I've looked into it a bit. I sort of work on 'robot' programming using Java at my work. I work on a project called InstyMeds which is a fully automated prescription drug dispenser (similar to a candy machine) and it's programmed in Java. It's really fun to tweak a few lines of code and watch the machine go.
I found a store nearby that sells surplus parts so someday (maybe this summer) I'm going to build a little bug that can crawl around my apartment. Just for fun.

golfinguy4
06-24-2003, 11:04 AM
"You used change! NO MEDICINE FOR YOU!!!"

mart_man00
06-24-2003, 01:26 PM
parallax(a chip maker) was advertising a j-stamp, its just there basic stamp with java. their basic stamps our good for hobby projects like this. there not that pricey either. they sell most of the stuff you need for a small hobby bot(some for a bigger battle-bot style too, like theirs rfs and their chips).

i wish they would do c...