PDA

View Full Version : When the CBoard lull begins...



DavidP
10-27-2001, 09:52 PM
CBoard lull - (n) time between 10 PM and 8 AM, USA Central Time (according to DavidP), when almost no posts seem to be happening.

So....what does DavidP resort to? we shall see....

salve, amici! tu es bonus hodie? ego sum optimus! ego monicam amo. monicam est pulcherrima. quoque programmingus amo. ego sum in directxam laborat. tu ad programmingum amo?
ecce! meus programanum laborat! eheu! currit error! ego programanum emendo! eheu! Micro$ofta porta mortuus! pestis! furcifer!

Null Shinji
10-27-2001, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by DavidP
CBoard lull - (n) time between 10 PM and 8 AM, USA Central Time (according to DavidP), when almost no posts seem to be happening.

So....what does DavidP resort to? we shall see....

salve, amici! tu es bonus hodie? ego sum optimus! ego monicam amo. monicam est pulcherrima. quoque programmingus amo. ego sum in directxam laborat. tu ad programmingum amo?
ecce! meus programanum laborat! eheu! currit error! ego programanum emendo! eheu! Micro$ofta porta mortuus! pestis! furcifer! Me posted... YES!!!!
LOL

DavidP
10-27-2001, 10:02 PM
shall i give a quick translation of the Latin?

Null Shinji
10-27-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by DavidP
shall i give a quick translation of the Latin? of course... My native language is spanish but only understood Lucifer and Microsoft ;) LOL, spanish is not sooooo similar to latin

Fordy
10-27-2001, 10:07 PM
Well its 5AM here in the UK.....

I am working on a jsp thing and I have finally managed to build a tool that allows me to work with my database via SQL. This shouldnt have taken long, but my mind was distracted by this board and the fact that I am coding in a new environment that I am not familiar with. Well thats my excuse anyway.

I think I am the only Brit on the board at this time as the sensible ones are all fast asleep.......

Hell, I think its time to get some sleep. I'm playing pool tomorrow and cooking for friends in the night...............At this rate I will wake up on Monday in time for work......

DavidP
10-27-2001, 10:09 PM
Latin:

salve, amici! tu es bonus hodie? ego sum optimus! ego monicam amo. monicam est pulcherrima. quoque programmingus amo. ego sum in directxam laborat. tu ad programmingum amo?
ecce! meus programanum laborat! eheu! currit error! ego programanum emendo! eheu! Micro$ofta porta mortuus! pestis! furcifer!

English:

Hello, friends! Are you good today? I am very good! I like Monica. Monica is very beautiful. I also like to program. I like to work in DirectX. Do you program to? Look! My program is working! Oh, no! A run time error! I will fix the run time error! Oh, no! Micro$oft's Blue Screen of Death! Pest! Scoundrel!

Null Shinji
10-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Fordy
Well its 5AM here in the UK.....

I am working on a jsp thing and I have finally managed to build a tool that allows me to work with my database via SQL. This shouldnt have taken long, but my mind was distracted by this board and the fact that I am coding in a new environment that I am not familiar with. Well thats my excuse anyway.

I think I am the only Brit on the board at this time as the sensible ones are all fast asleep.......

Hell, I think its time to get some sleep. I'm playing pool tomorrow and cooking for friends in the night...............At this rate I will wake up on Monday in time for work...... jajajaja poor of you... then get some sleep... i will soon

Fordy
10-27-2001, 10:11 PM
>>Micro$ofta porta mortuus!

LOL.......

Null Shinji
10-27-2001, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by DavidP
Latin:

salve, amici! tu es bonus hodie? ego sum optimus! ego monicam amo. monicam est pulcherrima. quoque programmingus amo. ego sum in directxam laborat. tu ad programmingum amo?
ecce! meus programanum laborat! eheu! currit error! ego programanum emendo! eheu! Micro$ofta porta mortuus! pestis! furcifer!

English:

Hello, friends! Are you good today? I am very good! I like Monica. Monica is very beautiful. I also like to program. I like to work in DirectX. Do you program to? Look! My program is working! Oh, no! A run time error! I will fix the run time error! Oh, no! Micro$oft's Blue Screen of Death! Pest! Scoundrel!

LOL funny... but something i really know is that the verb AMO in latin means the same than in spanish, love... so you meant:
I love Monica
I also love programmming
I love workin on DX...!!!


MIke ;)
going off... sayoonara minna (bye ppl)

Stoned_Coder
10-28-2001, 05:03 AM
This reminded me of a classic scene in life of brian ......

Romanes eunt domus.

Pendragon
10-28-2001, 12:39 PM
I think I am the only Brit on the board at this time as the sensible ones are all fast asleep.......

Sensible?! You *must* be joking!!

Generator
10-28-2001, 01:26 PM
Usually the board gets me thourgh my day at work. When I get home I spend countless hours playing diablo 2. I just bought the game a couple weeks ago, man it's addicting. Inbetween work and D2 I goto flashdaddee.com and do the tuts. This board is wicked because of all the talented people that continually post here. Ive learned quite a bit from reading all the q's and a's.

When the lull begins, I usually look for some tuts and work through them.

Cruxus
10-28-2001, 03:35 PM
DavidP's translation of what he wrote earlier in Latin:



Hello, friends! Are you good today? I am very good! I like Monica. Monica is very beautiful. I also like to program. I like to work in DirectX. Do you program to? Look! My program is working! Oh, no! A run time error! I will fix the run time error! Oh, no! Micro$oft's Blue Screen of Death! Pest! Scoundrel!


Here it is in French--just for fun:


Saluts, les amis! Allez-vous bien aujourd'hui? Je vais très bien! J'aime Monique. Monique est très belle. J'aime aussi programmer. J'aime travailler en DirectX. Programmez-vous aussi? Voilà! Mon programme marche! Ah, non! Une erreur de l'execution! Ah, non! L'écran bleu de mort de Micro$oft! Quelle peste! Quel vaurien!