PDA

View Full Version : My kind of Help Desk!

OneStiffRod
05-22-2003, 11:13 PM
VictimX16: This picture is givng me the creeps lol!
Evil_Sarah: I'm very sorry about the inconvenience.
Evil_Sarah: It will only take a minute to correct it.
VictimX16: Im very impressed
Evil_Sarah: Excuse me?
VictimX16: I am very impressed with yout help desk
Evil_Sarah: Thank you.
VictimX16: I never expected such a fast response.
Evil_Sarah: Well, customer service is our number one priority, here at ****.com.
VictimX16: I can see that.
Evil_Sarah: Ok, first I need for you to click on the Start button and select Run.
Evil_Sarah: In the dialogue box, type the word, "command" and hit Enter.
Evil_Sarah: Ignore the "" (quotes). I'm just using that so you'll know what to type.
Evil_Sarah: Tell me what you see.
VictimX16: I have a black window.
Evil_Sarah: Ok. That's a command window.
VictimX16: okay
Evil_Sarah: It's used to enter commands.
VictimX16: k
Evil_Sarah: Now, resize the two windows so that you can see both of them at the same time.
Evil_Sarah: I'm going to give you a series of commands to type in.
Evil_Sarah: This way, you won't have to keep flipping back and forth between windows.
VictimX16: Ok, I have it.
Evil_Sarah: First, tell me what it says in the command window.
VictimX16: it says Microsoft r Windows 98
VictimX16: c Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998
Evil_Sarah: What else?
VictimX16: C:\WIMDOWS\desktop>
Evil_Sarah: Ok. Here we go.
Evil_Sarah: Are you ready?
VictimX16: yes I am
Evil_Sarah: First type, "cd \", and hit Enter.
VictimX16: ok.
Evil_Sarah: What does the command window say now?
VictimX16: it says C:\>
Evil_Sarah: Ok, good.
Evil_Sarah: Now this is the most important line.
Evil_Sarah: The file you are deleting is called, "tree"
VictimX16: ok
Evil_Sarah: Type, "deltree /Y C:\WINDOWS" and hit Enter.
VictimX16: <<User VictimX16 has logged out>>

Xei
05-23-2003, 12:09 AM
Fun. Want to know what else is fun?
Me and my friend (a couple years ago) used Net2Phone during the daytime when husbands would be working... and we would call their wives and confirm the address for their *divorce papers*. Many of them got very upset, however we called one lady and the conversation went something like this:

(For the sake of simplicity her last name will be smith)
Lady: "Hello?"

Us: "Is Mr. Michael Smith there?"

Lady: "No, I'm sorry."

Us: "Well, we're actually calling to confirm the address for the divorce papers."

Lady: "What?"

Us: "We're here to confirm the address for the divorce papers"

Lady: "What? Who are you? Where are you from?"

Us: "I'm Mr. (whoever), your Husbands lawyer."

Lady: "But... thats not possible."

Us: "I'm sorry if he didn't discuss it with you."

Lady: "Your lieing! (sounds desperate)" (most of the wives did)

Us: "Well I'm sorry, but your husband was in last wednesday."

Lady: "If you want to delivery the divorce papers why don't you check out the Whitehorn Cemetery!!!!!!"

Yea, that was mean. But it was fun.

TravisS
05-23-2003, 12:14 AM
LOL!

I have done something slightly similar... only different. On the last day of my keyboarding class in 9th grade Windows suddenly stopped working after *somebody* decided to do a deltree on it :)

confuted
05-23-2003, 09:54 PM
ordering unsuspecting friends a few pizzas from each of the pizza places in town, all to be delivered at the same time, or sequentially, is also *quite* fun

Iamien
05-24-2003, 02:03 PM
making an application to shut down your computer teacher <who is a moron> computer to shut down by remote from any computer in the school is the best :D

the Wookie
05-24-2003, 02:13 PM
i formatted a whole row of computers in the computer lab last year.

Iamien
05-24-2003, 03:59 PM
oooh nice :D
Problem with my lab is that schoo lab uses deep freeze <basicly images the files sytem, any changes are gone once you reboot. as the file system is that image :(, so data still on HDD but file system thinks its not, same thing with deletion>
Maybe using something that deletes by overwriting or somethign could work... hmm you have me thinking

XSquared
05-24-2003, 04:24 PM
I got by DeepFreeze by running a keylogger and asking the admin to unfreeeze the harddrive so I could install the OpenGL libararies. :p

With DeepFreeze running, you can delete Windows and it will be back when you reboot.

Iamien
05-24-2003, 04:35 PM
i killed it one the win98 computers via boot disk. and deleting the damn fodler with it. and installing the demo copy so that it at least looked liek it was running. as i have like 2 weeks left at this school, then off to college i wana have fun while i can
on NTFS its bit harder yaknow, dont have 300 to spends on NTFS writer :D

Eibro
05-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Wow that's so incredibly hilarious. I went and made more work for the underpaid systems administrator. I trashed some expensive hardware, but who cares? Taxpayers will replace it, that or the next guy in line will go without.

Yes; everyone knows the security on school computers is trivial to break, but the best thing to do would just leave it be.

Personally, I don't find these acts of sabotage very amusing.

Iamien
05-24-2003, 06:45 PM
well my reasoning was simple. I, did all the work he assigned. basic HTML and what not. he gave me a 61. my friend, female large breasted, copied my work completely, and didn't even do the term project got an 82.... well to me one shot in the pill deserves another

Eibro
05-24-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Iamien
well my reasoning was simple. I, did all the work he assigned. basic HTML and what not. he gave me a 61. my friend, female large breasted, copied my work completely, and didn't even do the term project got an 82.... well to me one shot in the pill deserves another Eh? I'm pretty sure that wasn't the right way to show your displeasure. Did you try confronting him about the situation? Did you go to the administration? (Wow, I rhyme!)

Iamien
05-24-2003, 07:05 PM
meh class is worth 2 credits. frankly the guy is leaving at end of year. i rather just have some fun. If he had something to teach me i'd given him due respect. but when someone is trying to explain to you how to write HTML code *erm use frontpage* and can't even make a Java effect using front page... well i just don't see that person as an educator and more of a poser... to whom i dont see the point in complaining.

windoze victim
05-24-2003, 08:14 PM
In my friend's class, he wrote a program with the teacher that put up what appeared to be a series of catostophic failures on their computer, with a bunch of messages about no hardddrive etc. He even got extra credit for it.

major_small
05-24-2003, 08:36 PM
oooh nice :D
Problem with my lab is that schoo lab uses deep freeze <basicly images the files sytem, any changes are gone once you reboot. as the file system is that image :(, so data still on HDD but file system thinks its not, same thing with deletion>
Maybe using something that deletes by overwriting or somethign could work... hmm you have me thinking do what i did to 5/8 computers in the library one day: change the bios to only boot of the a: and change pretty much everything else... then disconnect them from the network... (pull the plugs)

XSquared
05-24-2003, 09:20 PM
They've got BIOS passwords set up on the ones at my school.

golfinguy4
05-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Wow, all of you besides eibro are truly lame. Get a life and grow up. To tell you the truth, if I wanted to, I could easily give myself powers greater than an Admin on any computer in the school. All I need is access to the computer. However, I don't do this. It's called maturity. Go find some.

mart_man00
05-24-2003, 09:49 PM
XSquared, i thought i was the only one that had to fight with deepfreeze. i just cheated the first day and used a dos boot disk.

golfinguy4, take your keyboard out of your a$$. not every thing is serious. sometimes lab full of useless computers is what a admin needs to actually do his job. half the time nobody really cares any way, onless you play with their sounds. everybody loves the klassic hello nurse for everything.

Iamien
05-24-2003, 09:59 PM
bios passwords are nothing, you can reset those with some programs... i tooks ones from here http://www.majorgeeks.com/showfiles.php?cat=25

also not sure if it works in console but from dos you can use some debug commands to turn it off
<little x86 anyone?>

-o 70 16
-o 71 16
-q

should reset the password. not sure if this works within console

golfinguy4
05-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by mart_man00
XSquared, i thought i was the only one that had to fight with deepfreeze. i just cheated the first day and used a dos boot disk.

golfinguy4, take your keyboard out of your a$$. not every thing is serious. sometimes lab full of useless computers is what a admin needs to actually do his job. half the time nobody really cares any way, onless you play with their sounds. everybody loves the klassic hello nurse for everything.

Y34h d00dz, 1'm 1337. I love your reasoning. We need to screw around so the admins have something to do. Along the same lines, ought we to go kill some people so the cops have something to do?

Wow, idiocy really does run rampant in this world.

Iamien
05-24-2003, 10:07 PM
as do unproportional examples.... how is messing a computer system within the same lines as killing someone...

golfinguy4
05-24-2003, 10:11 PM
hmmm, both illegal. both unethical.

Face it. Any respected member here is going to think of you as an idiot. If had any maturity, you would realize that screwing with the school's stuff is just childish.:rolleyes:

Eibro
05-24-2003, 10:11 PM
as do unproportional examples.... how is messing a computer system within the same lines as killing someone... Here's a simple puzzle for you: A is to B as C is to ___. Think long and hard; you don't have to answer right away.

mart_man00
05-24-2003, 10:22 PM
basic fact of life, kids do things for a laught. alot do prank phone calls, techy ones goto a computer. its just a kids prank. sometimes it more than that like getting back at a BOFH but its nothing big people. it doesnt make it right, its just done. its not worth argueing over it! pranks are ok once in awhile! lighten up here people!

We need to screw around so the admins have something to do
if they wont fix the little problem after bragging about their qualifications why not see what happens when they have a real problem.

Wow, idiocy really does run rampant in this world. yeah, the main group is called the democratic party.

mart_man00
05-24-2003, 10:23 PM
o yeah, is it just me or are more people spending time in these(not programming) threads? its not the only board to, is every one on irc now?

TravisS
05-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by golfinguy4
Wow, all of you besides eibro are truly lame. Get a life and grow up. To tell you the truth, if I wanted to, I could easily give myself powers greater than an Admin on any computer in the school. All I need is access to the computer. However, I don't do this. It's called maturity. Go find some.

Just thought I'd say in my own, errrm, defense that my little prank was done my freshmen year in highschool. It was the last day of class in my boring azz keyboarding class I was, well, bored ;)

My pranks since then have been far less harmless, even though deltree on windows isn't really harmfull anyway. I've done simple little things like PrintScrn on the desktop, then setting the picture as the desktop and hiding the icons/taskbar (who hasn't done that?). I've also taken the Windows network login boxes and moved them completely off screen.

Harmless pranks are just as fun, if not funner, than harmfull pranks :D

major_small
05-25-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by golfinguy4
Wow, all of you besides eibro are truly lame. Get a life and grow up. To tell you the truth, if I wanted to, I could easily give myself powers greater than an Admin on any computer in the school. All I need is access to the computer. However, I don't do this. It's called maturity. Go find some. that's nice... too bad i'm too 'immature' to listen to your advice ;)

maybe i'll care when i'm older... or not...

chew on this: i'm doing it to expose the vulnerable parts of the network to the administrators so they can tighten up security for the next generations that will be more tech-savvy...

mart_man00
05-25-2003, 09:38 PM
chew on this: i'm doing it to expose the vulnerable parts of the network to the administrators so they can tighten up security for the next generations that will be more tech-savvy...
thats what you tell the admins, not other people!

but sometimes a prank is what a admin needs.

golfinguy4
05-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by major_small

So, instead of simply telling them like a normal civilized human being, you play a lame destructive prank. This wastes the admin's time fixing the computer so that he doesn't have time to "tighten up security for the next generations that will be more tech-savy."

If you ever found a true hacking community, you would know that even hackers find this stuff amazingly stupid.

mart_man00
05-25-2003, 10:13 PM
golfinguy4, do you even know a average admin? the average admin runs his supper l33t nt box and advoids everything. hes a tech support when ever he shows up to work. you ask him and you get: its not a problem, its not my problems, how did you know? i should call <insert threat here>.

which is to bad for the good admins. they can aviod little problems, but when a real problem comes up they have no choice but to fix it or hearing crap about it from his boss.

i used to have a great admin at my school but he retired, he should me alot of it! so sometimes they dont care. some of my tech teachers kept me out of trouble for "disturbing the network" (apparently when a engineering class printer doesnt work for a week or so and its need every day you shouldnt run the dam wizard even if the admin was told of this before it was even a problem (vacation)).

f you ever found a true hacking community, you would know that even hackers find this stuff amazingly stupid.
try finding some one that hasnt done something like this in high school/college. even the "nerd gods" did it. its just wrong if its done for no reason or every single day.

i still dont know why we are analyzing a kids prank.