PDA

View Full Version : How Long have you used cprogramming.com?

kermi3
10-26-2001, 10:27 AM
Ok...There are upto 50 new user's here a day....how long have you used cprogramming.com?

nvoigt
10-26-2001, 11:43 AM
Jeez... you make me feel ooooooooooooooold... and since I rember Stee was there when I first came in, you probably need one more category *g*

Salem
10-26-2001, 12:55 PM
:p

Fordy
10-26-2001, 01:11 PM
Ha Salem...You'll be getting a pension from here soon..............

Dalren
10-26-2001, 01:13 PM
Well now I just feel pathetic, you've made me realize I have been going to this site for a little over a year and I have such a puny number of posts :(

Fordy
10-26-2001, 01:46 PM
>> have been going to this site for a little over a year and I have such a puny number of posts

Its not as if the number of posts matters. I had this board in my favorites for ages before I really started spending time and actually posting. Its what you get out that matters more than what you put in.

If like me the satifaction of fooling around on GD is enough...then hey....:rolleyes:

Pendragon
10-26-2001, 03:49 PM
I've been here since August...

...I was given the URL by a programming friend. NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

:D

-Penny

-KEN-
10-26-2001, 04:27 PM
How many times can I say, I've been here since Desember (no typo!)!

*sniff* I love you guys...:p

DavidP
10-26-2001, 04:39 PM
hmm..

I came here in April 1999, and now it is October 2001.....thats a bit over 2 years.

Null Shinji
10-26-2001, 08:35 PM
me newbie.... jajajaja me=tuesday this week ;)

Betazep
I don't remember for sure. I believe it was over two years ago.... because that is when I started C++.

My first question was about system("pause"); I should have read the FAQ! :)

Oh... and I remember when davidp came on, but I think it was just under David wasn't it?

Garfield
A little over a month.

Null Shinji
10-26-2001, 08:38 PM
jajajaja you made me feel like a lil baby ;)

hey bezatep, hey garfield... how 're 'uż?

Betazep
10-26-2001, 08:39 PM
-KEN-
"special"

That is for sure... :)

DavidP
10-26-2001, 09:37 PM
>Oh... and I remember when davidp came on, but I think it was just under David wasn't it?

Yeah, when I first came on, I posted just as David. Then I became a member with my name as David, but I never logged on, I just posted without logging on. Finally in late 1999, after I had been posting for months, but not using my account, I couldnt remember my password or anything so I made a new one with my last initial (DavidP) and started using it. So that is what I have been using since then.

doubleanti
10-26-2001, 11:52 PM
>You'll be getting a pension from here soon..............

what about us three? we want second pension!!!

heh, ken me and david are second-bred freshies... i was the earliest... :) data encryption standard thread damnit! :) that... and hey cg posted, neat...

>...I was given the URL by a programming friend. NOT SOON ENOUGH!!

right on sista! this board has totally catalyzed my programming and general computer knowledge... thanks... what a resource... [note that it's been how long since i've been posting actual programming related ?uestions? :)]

>umm who had "stee, i will not read the f.a.q's" or something like that in their sig?

yeah, who was it? was it perhaps dean? i don't think so [else i would have specifically remembered something like that...] *sigh*... good ole' days... :)

-doubleanti
-the hasafragger remains the same...

Salem
10-27-2001, 01:45 PM
There is at least one among us who has been here longer than I have (and I don't mean the webmaster).

DavidP
10-27-2001, 02:33 PM
wow...a person here longer than Stee (Salem)? Its definitely not Sunlight...he came around when I came. I remember him saying that. Who could it be? Not doubleanti...DA came a little bit after I came....not Ken...not gamegod....maybe govtcheez? how long has govtcheez been here? hmm....I give up...who is it?

oskilian
10-27-2001, 02:50 PM
I have been here for about a month, it was at.. I think October 6 or something like that.

damn, I should have put the second one, but I have already voted

Oskilian

Govtcheez
10-28-2001, 04:06 PM
Heh, you'd love to believe that I've been here forever, wouldn't you? It jsut seems like it :D

I actually happened to wander in here last February when I was assigned to rewrite a program in C instead of Cyrano. I'd like to say that I was always interested in C coding, but I wasn't in the slightest. The first time I ever saw a program in it, I thought to myself "What a horrible language - it looks like it fell apart!" (because the only otehr langs I had written in were, by and large, typing heavy langs like VB and ObjectPAL - it just didn't seem like there was enough code there to do anything useful.).

The world has never been the same.

My first question: How do I send info out a serial port?

stee's response - Your question doesn't make any sense.

:D

basilisk
10-28-2001, 04:44 PM
i joined a few weeks before the new board was created and my life has never been the same since

Fordy
10-28-2001, 05:08 PM
My first question: How do I send info out a serial port?

stee's response - Your question doesn't make any sense.

LOL....

I think mine was how to get email info from the windows wab file. This was for an email client that I'd written, and I wanted the facility to store/retrieve names/emails. As soon as I wrote it I though that everyone would think I was a wouldbe virus writer and ignore me...... Therefore I added something like..."Oh.. and this is not for a virus"

Looking back I now realise how dumb this thread looked.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

.....I am still awaiting a response.... j/k :p :p :p

Drewpee
11-09-2001, 02:51 PM
I finally joined (after quietly perusing) a year ago Sept. I think.

First post: How do I increase thread priority in Windows

Answer: SetThreadPriority(), but it doesn't really matter because Windows will give your thread a chance when it damn well feels like it!

Gotto love a programmer's sense of humor!

Hey Govt, were's the useless fact? I've got that one memorized :)

Yoshi
11-09-2001, 11:46 PM
I joined on October 26, 2001.

My first question is "How do I find a working mouse library?"

My answer: www.programmersheaven.com

Working on now: Planet Buster racing and other stuff (dadadumpdadadump...)

Fordy
11-10-2001, 01:20 AM
>>I joined on October 26, 2001.

15 days and 216 posts............ you've got to be sh#tting me......

doubleanti
11-10-2001, 01:40 AM
stee, was it kieran? [you might know his newer incantations...]

Aran
11-10-2001, 10:14 AM
I joined the old board June of this year... it was a beutiful place back then, not all aclutter with crap posts and people who just try to run their post count up.

I remember RTFAQ (his name was something like that), he would hang around the C++ board and reply "LOOK IN THE FAQ!" to everything.. hehe.. that guy was great.