PDA

View Full Version : MTV Icon Metallica

hk_mp5kpdw
05-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Just wanted to know, did anyone watch this? What did you think of the various artists and how well they did their own versions of Metallica's songs? I thought Sum41 at the very beginning did very well with "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "Master of Puppets" and Korn did so-so playing "One". As for the rest, come on... Avril Lavigne doing "Fuel" was atrocious, and Snoop Dog with "Sad But True" was just simply SAD. Jim Bruer was kinda funny. I didn't see what other artists come on after that cause I had to go to bed. Anybody gonna start watching Head Bangers Ball on MTV when it comes on?

the Wookie
05-07-2003, 01:50 PM
dude i was just about to post something about this and then i click on general discussions and i see your topic..haha weird

you missed metallica play? they rocked...the new song frantic..they only played about a minute and a half (mtv cut it off) but it was great...im an avid metallica fan (look at my avatar)...theyre my favorite band for about 8 years (since i was 8)

i got my tv tuner card to work and its coming back on in about half an hour...the only acts i lived was sum41..they were the most decent throughout the entire show

\m/

Perspective
05-07-2003, 06:45 PM
if you want to hear a good metallica cover (better than the origional.... and yes i am a(n old) metallia fan. listen to "The Thing That Should Not Be" as done by Primus....

CheesyMoo
05-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Perspective
if you want to hear a good metallica cover (better than the origional.... and yes i am a(n old) metallia fan. listen to "The Thing That Should Not Be" as done by Primus....

This guy knows what he's talking about, Primus 0wnz.

Wait what am I saying?
PRIMUS SUCKS!

Reigning Glory
05-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Sorry to bust everyone's bubbles, but Metallica is a band that's been done with. Admit it, since Black, nothing they've done has had the ferocious thrashyness that permeated their 80s records.

There're far better metal bands out there than Metallica. In case you cannot let go of Metallica fever, at least check out this band Blistered Earth, who sound like as if Metallica just released another AJFA.

Support the underground, abandon the mainstream.

Scourfish
05-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Hetfield is a $$$$$; and for that reason, I don't listen to Metallica

the Wookie
05-08-2003, 04:34 AM
i listen to tons of other underground metal bands..but theres nothing out there like metallica's first 4 albums, you have to admit, they were masterpeices.if st.anger lives upto the hype, metallica is back

frenchfry164
05-08-2003, 05:00 PM
metallica is awesome.

anybody like down here? pretty cool stuff.

ps: capital letters sux0rz

the Wookie
05-09-2003, 04:13 AM
down and sjr are great...too bad pantera is now dead :(

Perspective
05-11-2003, 07:16 PM
i listen to alot of european metal, stratovarius, rhapsody, blind gaurdian..... its good stuff.

also, ^ agrees with above that metallica has done nothing worth listening to since black.