PDA

View Full Version : The Recruit - LOL using C

Xei
04-23-2003, 12:05 AM
I was watching "The Recruit" at the theatre 2 nights ago and it was hilarious! Okay, he's supposed to be this Computer Genious and whenever they supposedly 'Log In' to the CIA database it displays a whole bunch of scrolling C code all over the screen! It was hilarious, and when the lady tries to 'Keylog' what he did, or whatever she goes to the console and types in "WIN32_FIND" lol! I tried to figure out what it was doing, but it moved too fast and didn't display enough; However, I believe that it was just the code they used to create the Interface for the movie. It had lots of printf's and DC handles, so that would make sense, but it's still funny. I think that Swordfish did the same thing near the end when he is sitting at the bank near the end.

Carlos
04-23-2003, 01:57 AM
:)))

There was another movie (The Net with Sandra Bullock, but I'm not sure), where they got some IP address like this one:

well...Hollywood seems to be really poor regarding computer experts...

alpha
04-23-2003, 07:31 AM
yeah, I remember that when I saw "The Recruit". I figured its a movie, but it was funny.

Sang-drax
04-23-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Carlos
There was another movie (The Net with Sandra Bullock, but I'm not sure), where they got some IP address like this one:

It was The Net.
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film.php?filmid=883

Hillbillie
04-23-2003, 02:50 PM
>well...Hollywood seems to be really poor regarding computer experts...<

They probably did that on purpose. Think about it. They always use 555 numbers for phone numbers. Using invalid IPs is a good idea, too as most people watching won't even know what one is.

CheesyMoo
04-24-2003, 02:31 PM
It's funny in the movie Antitrust they are trying to make it look all cool and techno, and the coders are like, "I CRACKED IT! ", "I DID IT!". It shows the screen, and they were coding HTML. LMAO.

Govtcheez
04-24-2003, 04:10 PM
> Using invalid IPs is a good idea

Shoulda just used the IP from the movie's website or something - that woulda been a kickass geek easter egg.

confuted
04-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Haha, indeed it would have been...

Xmevs
04-25-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by CheesyMoo
It's funny in the movie Antitrust they are trying to make it look all cool and techno, and the coders are like, "I CRACKED IT! ", "I DID IT!". It shows the screen, and they were coding HTML. LMAO.

lol :D

ammar
04-25-2003, 05:47 AM
yeah,
also when he was reading the program, I saw the line #include <string.h>

... I just hope they didn't use void main()!!