PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think ppl think programmers conversations are the most pathetic ones???

Null Shinji
10-24-2001, 05:28 PM
I think its because NOONE except other programmers and you can be laughing of using a recursive solution for a problem that you could solve w dinamic or when ppl laugh if i define things like this:

for(int i=0;i<n;i++){
}

ITS TRUE, ppl think ourconvesations are completely stupid and pathetic

NULL

rick barclay
10-24-2001, 05:34 PM
Because they are.

rick barclay

Null Shinji
10-24-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by rick barclay
Because they are.

rick barclay theyre not.... they have looots of sense!!!!!! *kicks rick

Garfield
10-24-2001, 05:41 PM
Why do you think ppl think programmers conversations are the most pathetic ones???

Because we are intellectual and they aren't. That simple.

--Garfield

Null Shinji
10-24-2001, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Garfield
Why do you think ppl think programmers conversations are the most pathetic ones???

Because we are intellectual and they aren't. That simple.

--Garfield Now that has lot of sense

Garfield
10-24-2001, 05:44 PM
> Now that has lot of sense

Are you being sarcastic?

Null Shinji
10-24-2001, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Garfield
> Now that has lot of sense

Are you being sarcastic? kinda... no really youre right... we=intellectual, others=idiots ;) well not all idiots just thatour intellectual levels are higher..... jajajajajaj

and reallyliked your code about braincells ;)

Garfield
10-24-2001, 05:50 PM
while ((we == geniuses) && (others == idiots))
{}

WARNING: DO NOT RUN THIS CODE. IT IS A NEVER ENDING LOOP!

> and reallyliked your code about braincells
Thanks. I thought up the whole linked list with my brain idea.

--Garfield

Aran
10-24-2001, 06:33 PM
one of my programmer friends and i have the coolest conversations ever...

the latest topics of discussion:
1. Why do houses have to have uneven numbers of stairs in their staircases? it takes me extra time to think of the multiples of that number so i can skip a certain amount of steps every footfall and end up haveing to go up a different number of steps at the top.
2. The phras "* owns *" is an awesome one because it can be used in so many different contexts and it still is usefull.

Cruxus
10-24-2001, 07:03 PM
Nonprogrammers find our conversations so boring and pathetic because they are simply jealous of the interesting things we know and talk about.

Aran Elus wrote:

2. The phras "* owns *" is an awesome one because it can be used in so many different contexts and it still is usefull.

I agree. Furthermore, this topic owns.

-KEN-
10-24-2001, 07:03 PM
Because the average programmer can't talk about more than his motherboard...that's why I can't STAND the people in my first period class.

mfc2themax
10-24-2001, 08:02 PM
>Because the average programmer can't talk about more than his motherboard<

Because were passionate about technology....

DavidP
10-24-2001, 08:07 PM
>Because were passionate about technology....

There is a huge difference between passion and obsession. I have a passion for programming, but I am not obsessed about it. I also like to sing. There is this girl in my choir that not only has a passion for singing (which is perfectly fine), but is obsessed about it (which is utterly annoying). She continously sings incredibly high notes and they dont sound good at all. The same logic deals with programming. A passion for technology/programming is fine, but an obsession can become annoying and too much. You have to balance yourself.

Aran
10-24-2001, 08:15 PM
very well made point, good-sir DP...

man, i'm so cool. I talk about random miscellaneous things that don't matter at least once every day.

Every day that i walk into first period in school i have something new that is completely useless to talk about. It's always funny because what i talk about is either so taken for granted, or such completely useless knowledge that it's just ridiculous.

furthermore, Tony Slattery owns the world.

Null Shinji
10-24-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Aran Elus
very well made point, good-sir DP...

man, i'm so cool. I talk about random miscellaneous things that don't matter at least once every day.

Every day that i walk into first period in school i have something new that is completely useless to talk about. It's always funny because what i talk about is either so taken for granted, or such completely useless knowledge that it's just ridiculous.

furthermore, Tony Slattery owns the world. hahahha youre funny ;) that happens to me sometimes

btw what sir dp said is right you have to balance between computing and your rl, i mean, having gf, RL friends... etc.... thats nice

NULL

oskilian
10-24-2001, 11:05 PM
They're not, we have some good conversations, the difference is that people think we're some kind of technobabble only, they should come to this board and look that we're not only computers (well, at least computers consume no less than 90% of our time)

Oskilian

doubleanti
10-24-2001, 11:10 PM
>WARNING: DO NOT RUN THIS CODE. IT IS A NEVER ENDING LOOP!

if that's the general consensus then you can count me out... let's not all think that now...

oh, and i find it keen ('keen' (c) me here now... remember commander keen?) that we all knew what the wildcard asterisk meant in aran's phrase inclusion... are we that far into this? jargon.... jargon i tells ya!!! argh! [and argv and argc too!]

Govtcheez
10-25-2001, 08:10 AM
> furthermore, Tony Slattery owns the world.

Hell yeah!

>Because the average programmer can't talk about more than his motherboard...

Heh, my friend that does tech support for MSU thinks he knows all sees all - he proves that just by religiously reading slashdot you can sound like you know stuff and not even know wtf a compiler is or does.