PDA

View Full Version : "Custimise this folder" in windows xp?

Geo-Fry
04-15-2003, 07:50 PM
hey what ever happened to custimising folders in windows xp? i know in 95/98 you can, and possibly other windows, but it seems to be gone from xp. nothing is as fun as looking like you know so much more about computers that the next guy because you can change what the folders look like...

Nut
04-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Your signature is occupying more space than your message :p

TravisS
04-15-2003, 07:57 PM
And your reply is occupying less thought than your name :rolleyes:

How do you mean customizing folders? They can actually be very customized. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, so I'll go with what I think you mean.

Right-click on a folder, go to properties. The very far right tab is the "customize" tab that allows you to do things such as show how the contents of the folder is displayed, the icon used for the folder itself, and a little preview on the folder.

Is that what you meant?

Nut
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Isn't that possible in Win 95 and 98 (in the same fashion) ? Geo mentions that he knows how to do that in win 95/98

stumon
04-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Nut
Isn't that possible in Win 95 and 98 (in the same fashion) ? Geo mentions that he knows how to do that in win 95/98 No, in Win95/98/ME. Open Win Explorer or just a folder and click View->Folder Options in the menu.

no-one
04-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Tools->Folder Options...

stumon
04-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by no-one
Tools->Folder Options... Which OS? Below is Win98.

Geo-Fry
04-18-2003, 09:49 AM
hmmm i guess you misunderstood
wut i meant was you can put HTML/javascript in the folder
look at stumons picture, and go up from the mouse 4 lines, it says
"custimise this folder...." and when you click on it, it opens notepad with an html doc in it you can edit to make your folder much better

Your signature is occupying more space than your message
thats ok, because its so freaking awesome...

confuted
04-18-2003, 12:11 PM
What can you edit? If you right click in WinXP and go to properties->customize there are a few things with which you may play.

TravisS
04-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Damn, now I know what you're talking about. I forgot about that feature, haven't used it in so long ;)

No, I think you may be right. It may not be possible to do that in Win XP :(

Yeah, you could customize the folder by picking between like three templates. Can't rember what they were, documents, pictures and :confused: or you could even write html for the way the folder acted.