PDA

View Full Version : Cat hates getting a bath

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 03:13 AM
I had to do it. I have a housecat but even though the cat stays in the house I bath it every 6 months. Anyway the cat thinks that I'm trying to kill it or something. LOL!

EvenFlow
10-23-2001, 03:24 AM
ROTF LMAO

Ha ha man that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

basilisk
10-23-2001, 03:30 AM
thats funny - i have difficulty keeping fortran out of the bath - she used to have baths as a kitten and loves them - so much so that when i am in the shower i often find her in there with me and then she jumps onto a towel so she can be wrapped up and dried

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 03:42 AM
My cat hates baths. She also hates the haircut that I have to giver her afterward. And the cat also hates most strangers...and kids. The only thing this cat likes is to eat and sleep!

Thantos
10-23-2001, 06:37 AM
LOL
Growing up we had a bunch of cats. I remember one time I had to give my cat a bath...I still have scars from that day.

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 06:49 AM
Even though my Cat still has it's claws it knows not to claw me because I will give it a pounding otherwise. Every once in a while I recieve a scratch but not on purpose. I always beat up my pets until they respect me. This always happens when they are young, and once done we both get along for years and years with no fighting, lol. Still though, the Cat has it's likes and dislikes. It is afraid of large pools of water.

Series X4 1.0
10-23-2001, 07:02 AM
I always beat up my pets until they respect me.

That's right, you're your pets superior.

It's analogous to me and other humans, I'm forever their superior, I don't beat them up though because that's primitive.

Fordy
10-23-2001, 07:08 AM
A friend of mine has cats and I always play with them when I am around her place. Still, when one of the little b#stards clawed the hell out of me for no reason it was still my fault. "He's only playing, it just his claws are big". When it was playfully hanging off my flesh I came within an inch of launching the damn thing into space...... That would have cased so much sh#t though.

Fordy
10-23-2001, 07:08 AM
>>I'm forever their superior

Oh really......

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 07:24 AM
Actually I don't beat them up if they are too young but when either a cat or dog is about 3 years old than this is the time to teach them a lesson. The fact is that the Cat used to beat me up, but than I got the broom out a few times. Literally scared the **** out of the cat. Ever since than for years and years, the cat respects me. It lives a good life. I pay attention to it on a daily bases. This is a very happy pet. It's a character.

gamegod3001
10-23-2001, 07:37 AM
I have a dog, he will be calm for a while then jump out of the tub and refuse to get back in. Then after the bath is done my dog waits for all the water to drain out of the tub. Waits 5 minuts then jumps out and soaks me.

basilisk
10-23-2001, 07:38 AM
i have never felt the need to hit one of my cats - they are very well behaved and we get on very well. I have done a lot of voluntary work with animal rescue organisations and have seen the effects of hitting etc - it can sometimes be a fine line between discipline and cruelty (same with children i would expect). My two youngest cats were rescue cats and were terrified of people hitting them - now two years later they are fatter happier and give a lot of affection

Fordy
10-23-2001, 07:41 AM
My parents dog was like that.......must have been abused to hell at one point as it would jump 3 feet if you moved suddenly. Hes a lot better now though............

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 07:46 AM
yeah, but my pets are smart. I have not hit my cat for at least 8 years. There was a time though when the cat would try to fight me. Now it's almost been a decade and we are at peace. I like it when life thinks for itself. I figure that an animal and human need some training. Like I said, I used a broom a few times. My cat is territorial especially around it's food dish. It doesn't attack anyone but it just keeps to itself. This is just toward strangers. Also, I don't have anything to do with animal shelters. I take care of my pets all their lives. I just make sure that they don't become slobs and get bad habbits, although my cat does have a couple bad habbits. It's too late to do anything about it. I don't even try. The cat turned out quite good though overall.

Series X4 1.0
10-23-2001, 10:11 AM
Cat-topics are always so cute!!!!!!!!!!! Bleh.

it can sometimes be a fine line between discipline and cruelty (same with children i would expect).

All humans exept me are too error-prone to draw that line. BTW, it's a good thing according to my superior moral to beat your children up, it makes them mentally stronger.

Generator
10-23-2001, 10:32 AM
>>I always beat up my pets until they respect me

When I read this I laughed so hard it made me cry, and I was at work. :p

Series X4 1.0
10-23-2001, 10:43 AM
Generator,

which means you have a very simple humor.

Govtcheez
10-23-2001, 12:45 PM
> When I read this I laughed so hard it made me cry, and I was at work.

Hey! No glee while you're being paid! (at least that's the policy where I work)

> BTW, it's a good thing according to my superior moral to beat your children up, it makes them mentally stronger.

C'mon over to the States, then - I'd like to make you mentally stronger.

-KEN-
10-23-2001, 01:59 PM
I'm sure we'd all enjoy "making him stronger"

I love my pets, I never hit them and we can live in harmony. Go figure.

Generator
10-23-2001, 02:13 PM
>>Generator,

which means you have a very simple humor.<<

Not really, but if it makes you feel any better think what you want. Everyone has their own way of expressing themselves, and from what Ive seen of *_king's postings, he writes what he sees. That's what I find amusing, life. We are always looking towards the bigger and better things to improve our overall experiences, it's the little things that really make a difference. If you can't find any humor in that I suggest you seriously consider what you have been doing with your life.

Thantos
10-23-2001, 02:17 PM
Never had to beat my cat or any of the other family member's cats but just playing with them I have a number of little scars. All of our cats are smart but I little weird (well what cat isn't?).

Series come on over and I'll show you some mental strength.

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 02:22 PM
I had to beat up a dog once simply because the dog was an *******. I almost saved him, but it didn't work out. He is still an *******. Actually he is dead at this time.

kermi3
10-23-2001, 02:36 PM
My two youngest cats were rescue cats and were terrified of people hitting them - now two years later they are fatter happier and give a lot of affection

The best pets are rescued ones. They're hard at first but once you get through to them they're the best. I'm "good friends" with a chinchilla, used to be so scared of people he refused to come out when people were around, now he begs to be petted by me and even lets me (though unfortunately only me) hold him.

He also proves that chinchillas are way smarter than dogs...he can easily unlock his cage, so we tied string to keep the door shut, but given time he can untie almost anything (despite his handicap of a missing finger). He also knows how to sucker peopel by making them feel guilty and get anything he wants out of the people he trusts. He's a devious little sucker who loves pyschological games.

Troll_King
10-23-2001, 02:51 PM
This is the way I see it. I actually spend a lot of time being good to my pets. They are very well cared for and I rarely ever have to get after them. Infact they are treated better than humans, way better.

Anyway, when a pet such as a dog wants too much affection this is not good. This means that every time you leave the house the dog will wine/cry/bark/etc. This type of dog even follows you around the house and is infact scared of it's own shadow. This is why I don't let my pets get this way. At some point when they are young, not too young, but old enough to understand I'll make sure that they become independant. Sometimes this means laying on a beating. A bleeding nose, a few bruised ribs, etc. After this the pet is not scared because when I leave the house the pet probably says to itself, good riddence, no more tears. Sure that beating hurts and stuff, but it knows that it has to listen to me. For example, my cat is not timid, it is not afraid, but it does keep to itself when strangers are around. You Southerners and Easterners are not hard folk. You probably don't understand. The fact is that my pets have the best life and except for a period of a week or two in our lives we are happy.

Aran
10-23-2001, 03:18 PM
going to an extreme never does anything helpfull... it just means that sooner or later the other extreme will be achieved. That always results in a long battle between the two extremes that is actually just worse than staying at the median.

GSLR
10-23-2001, 05:13 PM
We've got 14 cats here

used to have about 16

Cars are bad for dem u know!!

GSLR

oskilian
10-23-2001, 08:12 PM
This board is becoming a veterinarian board, I have also seen a dog thread...

But this is in general discussions, isn't it?

Oskilian

EvenFlow
10-23-2001, 08:13 PM
There is absolutely no need to beat your pets if they are properly trained

Aran
10-23-2001, 08:15 PM
There is no use in training your pets if they are properly beaten.

i just felt like saying that so our good friend *_king wouldn't have to.