PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in doing some e-mail client plugin coding?

Hillbillie
03-19-2003, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to put together a project that will help people block spam easier. I need some volunteer programmers that have the ability to code plugins (or otherwise external programs that can intercept e-mail when the e-mail client downloads it from the server). As many clients and platforms that can be supported will be.

If you're interested, you can PM or e-mail me. Or you can go over to FD; I've got a thread in the OT board elaborating on what I want to do. I'd rather keep discussion off of this thread...

Thanks! :)

Cheeze-It
03-19-2003, 07:32 PM
You should devote more time to Cprog and less to time to
Flashdaddee. Anybody who's anybody knows that Cprog is the
hippest place on the internet...

:gels hair, dances to Nelly:

Flashdaddee is a place for smelly, social-rejects. I wouldn't be
caught dead there. I have an image to maintain.

Hillbillie
03-19-2003, 07:55 PM
LOL, shut up ethic. You bastard. We even sang you happy birthday on your birthday....

Xei
03-19-2003, 08:09 PM
View your PM.

Hillbillie
03-19-2003, 08:57 PM
Done.

To everyone: We need people who have experience or knowledge in developing plugin software that will interact with e-mail clients. (Any platform and client will do.) If you can help, please let us know...

lightatdawn
03-19-2003, 09:13 PM
I would like to take this off-topic moment to bring something to the attention of Mr. Hillbillie.

There is no such thing as 1-Trans-Delta-9-TetraHydroCabbibanol. Possibly too much 1-TRANS-DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL is the root of the problem. I could have PMed you this instead of rudely cluttering your thread, but that would have deprived you of recieving a public ribbing. ... Far be it from me to deprive anyone.

:p

... Hopefully you werent expecting something useful from this post. ... I'm not really feeling useful this evening. Kind of feeling more obnoxious really...

Well; Carry on then.

Cheers :D

Hillbillie
03-19-2003, 09:26 PM
>There is no such thing as 1-Trans-Delta-9-TetraHydroCabbibanol. Possibly too much 1-TRANS-DELTA-9-TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL is the root of the problem.<

Hey, L@D. Haven't talked to you in a while. :) Anyway, see that line of text right below that quote? *points in a mocking way* Yeah, it was from Iain's signature. :rolleyes:

*walking away, "Why can't people pick up on my suttle and ironic jokes?" *

Eibro
03-19-2003, 10:12 PM
What will these plugins be interacting with? An email client created by you? Does it have an API? How are you going about the plugin system?

Edit: Nevermind, checked FD.

lightatdawn
03-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Oooh! My burn turns around to burn me! Thats the best kind...

*looks sly* You realise I could delete these posts to remove any evidence of my poor observational skills. ... ... Nah... I haven't done any mod work in weeks; I'm not about to break the fast.

Hillbillie
03-19-2003, 10:22 PM
>What will these plugins be interacting with? An email client created by you? Does it have an API? How are you going about the plugin system?<

No, not our own client. I think we'll start with an Outlook plugin. But the project will be open-source; we want to do as many clients and platforms as we can.

>*looks sly* You realise I could delete these posts to remove any evidence of my poor observational skills. ... ... Nah... I haven't done any mod work in weeks; I'm not about to break the fast.<

LOL. Yeah, I haven't done any work at FD for a while. I mean come ON - I'm over here chatting with you hoodlums when FD has threads to close, posts to edit, and uh...a beauty contest to conduct. :dunno: