View Full Version : What does this word mean?

03-14-2003, 02:19 AM

I've been looking at the potential courses I want to do for university, and Mechatronic Engineering stirred my interest. I dont know why though, seeing as I dont even know what the first word means. lol

does anyone know what that word means, and if possible, what is involved in that course? thanks in advance.

03-14-2003, 02:23 AM
Looks like a jargon/media buzzword. At a guess I would say it means some course with a mixture of electronics, mechanics and electronically controlled mechanical things, steppers for example.

Ask the course providers - they will be in a better position than anyone else to tell you what the syllabus covers.

03-14-2003, 02:44 AM
thought so... I thoroughly searched the uni's websites for the course description, but cant find anything in more detail than a brief outline of Engineering in general.
Thanks anyway

03-14-2003, 03:00 AM
Yeah Adrian's explanation was pretty good. Think Robots.

03-14-2003, 08:18 AM
It's the study of giant robots that can change into cars and planes and such - no, wait, that's Megatron, sorry.