PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you the most?

Pages : [1] 2

The15th
10-20-2001, 10:41 PM
For me its when you go to all the trouble to make yourself some toast. (mmmm toast) And then your walking back to your computer desk, and it falls off the plate, and for some reason it always, always falls butterd side down and gets tiny peices of carpet hair stuck to it. :( dammmm that is soo annoying!

EvenFlow
10-20-2001, 10:45 PM
Hey I see your from Melbourne. I'm in Brisbane.

rick barclay
10-21-2001, 02:56 PM
I hate it when I get to the part in the tutorial where I don't
understand what he's/she's talking about and can't get
the program to do what the tutor is telling you it's doing.
That's when my wife and kids start moving to other remote
areas of our home.

rick barclay

Aran
10-21-2001, 04:01 PM
I hate it when i install a program just to see that it doesn't work, then i go through all the troubleshooting things that could possibly apply, install new drivers, uninstall half the software on my computer just to see that when i double click on the program, it doesn't even give me an error, it just does nothing.

I also hate how my CD-ROM drive doesn't read certain CDs properly whereas my CDR drive reads them all.

Life sucks, too bad we have to live with it.

oskilian
10-21-2001, 10:01 PM
I really hate it when your back itches, but exactly in a place where you can't scratch it

ARRGHHH (It's happening right now)

Oskilian

*Michelle*
10-24-2001, 10:44 PM
I hate people who think that they are soo "SUPERIOR" than others (and tries to put this retarded opinion up in the news. Unfortunately, no news publishers are willing to put up such retarded stuff and the person can only settle for a message board. * HINT HINT *)

doubleanti
10-24-2001, 11:05 PM
Salem, was that just a coincidence? neat...

>I also hate how my CD-ROM drive doesn't read certain CDs properly whereas my CDR drive reads them all.

right on... 24/32x max fo' eva baby!

oh... and the current gripe, i hate how i'm losing my source/mind...

plus, i hate it when you have two boxes parallel to one power source... having to switch hds for transfer... but that's not the point... i hate having two parallel kbs, one in the correct position and one in lap [like right this instant] and having to re-c/p the other guys quote since i typed with the wrong kb like a dubdar... ahem...

can you all agree? :)

Betazep
10-24-2001, 11:31 PM
I hate celery and onions. I hate when people ruin perfectly good foods by using either. I can eat pretty much everything else... tongue, raw fish, raw otopus, brain, etc etc.... but I absolutely hate celery and onions.

The15th
10-25-2001, 02:39 AM
I hate people who think that they are soo "SUPERIOR" than others (and tries to put this retarded opinion up in the news. Unfortunately, no news publishers are willing to put up such retarded stuff and the person can only settle for a message board. * HINT HINT *)

OMG... *Michelle* are you having a go at me??? If you are then trust me, I'm the last person to think that im Superior to anyone. I was just trying to start up a funny thread like all the others that we see on this board. If you have a problem with that then dont come to the General Descussions area where this kind of stuff happens.

If you went having a go at me, then I am extremly sorry, my finals are coming up and i have been studing all day so im not really with it.

Natase
10-25-2001, 04:24 AM
In keeping with the toast landing buttered side down theme...

An American magazine held a competition, inviting its readers to submit new scientific theories on ANY subject. Here is the winner:

Perpetual Motion

When a cat is dropped it always lands on its feet and when toast is dropped it always lands buttered side down. Therefore if a slice of buttered toast is strapped to a cat's back, buttered side up, and the animal is dropped, the two opposing forces will cause it to hover, spinning inches above the ground. If enough toast laden felines were used they could form the basis of a high
speed monorail system.

....and then this mail got the following reply :-

I've been thinking about this cat/toast business for a while. In the buttered toast case it's the butter that causes it to land buttered side down - it doesn't have to be toast, the theory works equally well with Jacob's crackers. So, to save money you just miss out the toast and butter the cats. Also, should there be an imbalance between the effects of cat and butter, there are other substances that have a stronger affinity for carpet.

Probability of carpet impact is determined by the following simple
formula:

p=s*t(t)/tc

where 'p' is the probability of carpet impact, 's' is the 'stain' value
of the toast covering substance [an indicator of the effectiveness of the toast topping in permanently staining the carpet]. Chicken Tikka Masala, for example, has a very high 's' value, while the 's' value of water is zero, 'tc' & 't(t)' indicate the tone of the carpet and topping, the value of 'p' being strongly related to the relationship between the colour of the carpet and topping, as even chicken tikka masala won't cause a permanent and
obvious stain on if the carpet is the same colour. So it is obvious that the probability of carpet impact is maximised if you use chicken tikka masala and a white carpet - in fact, this combination
gives a 'p' value of one, which is the same as the probability of a cat landing on its feet. Therefore a cat with chicken tikka masala on its back will be certain to hover in mid-air, whilst there could be problems with buttered toast as the toast may fall off the cat, causing a terrible monorail crash. It is, therefore, in the interests of public safety that the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white shag pile carpet.

Hehe... genious, pure genious...

On a side note... The15th: Michelle was talking about our resident jester Series X4 1.0...

Series X4 1.0
10-25-2001, 07:28 AM
*Michelle*
I hate people who think that they are soo "SUPERIOR" than others

I don't hate people who hates me! They can't help that they're feeling all this terrible hate inside, it's just sad actually. Send me a PM and tell Dr. Series X about any possible mental problems, and he will love help you! :)

You're just having a hard time accepting that I'm superior! It's very normal, it's hard to admit those things.

(o^.^o)

Now tell me, what does it mean? A car? It's so beautiful, this is true art! What do you see in your picture? Tell me.

Series X4 1.0 (O#~^'^~#O)

Breach23
10-25-2001, 12:11 PM
Hmm...I hate it when ppl talk to me with bad breath, and when there is nothing on tv.

Barjor
10-25-2001, 01:19 PM
I hate when I spend 2 days trying to make a program work and all that is wrong is a missing &.

The15th
10-25-2001, 05:09 PM
Im sorry *Michelle*. My finals are here so i have been studing hard and im very tierd. once again im sorry i just thought you were talking to me cause i started the thread.

mfc2themax
10-26-2001, 04:16 AM
i hate it when i know i have work to do..... yet im to lazy to do it

*Michelle*
10-27-2001, 01:30 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! You stupid stupid stupid Series X, btw, what kind of a name is that?? You are really getting on my nerves. And not knowing what my picture means just shows how retard and stupid you are. This is a famous Japanese internet emotion language that anyone will know by now. Maybe except you ya. IT IS A FACE!!! (o^.^o) The () are the outside of the face. The ^^ are eyes. THE . is mouth and o o are cheeks, for god's sake. You are really dumb aren't you. I can ask any grade nine in my school and they can probably tell me what it is. Oh god, you are soo stupid.

15th, it's ok. I wasn't specific anyway. ^.^ (wonder if dumberior series knows what this is. It is a wonder that he actually get what programming is. Well, maybe he just fakes it. I mean he never actually helped anyone, so he probably doesn't know a thing about programming. ha!)

The15th
10-27-2001, 03:46 AM
yeah i would also like to know the programming ability of Series X4 1.0.

also i found out another something that annoys me.
its when you format your HD, and you think that you have backed up everything. but every dam time i forget to back up my favourites folder... Now i dont know those good sites :( and i lost all my 3d max project files :( stuff this, im going to bed.

(o)(o)

EvenFlow
10-27-2001, 03:48 AM
>>yeah i would also like to know the programming ability of Series X4 1.0.

As would I.

Series X4 1.0
10-27-2001, 05:06 AM
*Michelle*
You stupid stupid stupid Series X, btw, what kind of a name is that??

It's OK to take out your anger on me! :) Series X means that I'm one of many, a part of this pointless cycle of life called mankind. We are all 'programmed' with a moral by the evolution which forces us to do as we are told, if we don't obey we are punished - we feel bad mentally. We are all biological robots, slaves, most of us can't realise it though.

This is a famous Japanese internet emotion language that anyone will know by now

We are not in Japan, the common sense is to use the world wide English language. And your face is pointless because it doesn't express anything.

First of all, a face should not be 4 times wider than its height, that's unrealistic. Second, I recommend you to use the "American standard" instead, those smilies are faster, smaller, and more efficient, and you can express a lot of different emotions with them, such as happiness, sadness etc..

Oh god, you are soo stupid

That might be true according to your current definition, which is probably caused by primitive anger. If you define your superior as stupid you do have a problem. I don't.

^.^

Why are the cheeks missing?

I have no reason show my programming abilities. I'm not here to teach, I'm only here to learn.

EvenFlow
10-27-2001, 05:09 AM
>>Series X means that I'm one of many, a part of this pointless cycle of life called mankind. We are all 'programmed' with a moral by the evolution which forces us to do as we are told, if we don't obey we are punished - we feel bad mentally. We are all biological robots, slaves, most of us can't realise it though. <<

Perhaps you should seek the help of a pychologist or pyschiatrist. You sound as though you may be suffering from depression.

Series X4 1.0
10-27-2001, 05:26 AM
Just because I'm depressed doesn't mean I'm wrong. Being happy is no more valid than being depressed. Please respect people's views.

EvenFlow
10-27-2001, 05:34 AM
I never disrespected you, and you are using fuzzy logic to convey your thoughts. I'm not saying being depressed isn't a valid mindframe, but it destroys you as a person. I know I've had it and I don't want to ever re-live it. All I'm saying is you should seriously consider getting some help. Why live life in a state of misery.

To quote an old yet famous proverb (or something to its similar effect)...

I once complained that I had no shoes, until I saw a man with no feet

You have every opportunity out there to really make something of yourself and your life. Don't waste your life being negative, shutting yourself off from people. There is so much more of your life to be led, so much to discover, so much poetential to have a wonderful life. Why would you chose misery over joy?

greenRoom
10-27-2001, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by EvenFlow
I never disrespected you, and you are using fuzzy logic to convey your thoughts. I'm not saying being depressed isn't a valid mindframe, but it destroys you as a person. I know I've had it and I don't want to ever re-live it. All I'm saying is you should seriously consider getting some help. Why live life in a state of misery.

To quote an old yet famous proverb (or something to its similar effect)...

You have every opportunity out there to really make something of yourself and your life. Don't waste your life being negative, shutting yourself off from people. There is so much more of your life to be led, so much to discover, so much poetential to have a wonderful life. Why would you chose misery over joy?

I second that. I feel Series is attempting to be too open-minded about life. I know what level of perception you are trying to achieve, but I don't think it's a really good idea to go there.

*Michelle*
10-27-2001, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Series X4 1.0

We are not in Japan, the common sense is to use the world wide English language. And your face is pointless because it doesn't express anything.

Well, I see you are in Sweden, then why don't you speak swedish, dumb ass. I am sure you have eaten spaghetti before. And apparently you are not in Italy.

First of all, a face should not be 4 times wider than its height, that's unrealistic. Second, I recommend you to use the "American standard" instead, those smilies are faster, smaller, and more efficient, and you can express a lot of different emotions with them, such as happiness, sadness etc..

you are just too ignorant. Please get the whole picture before spitting out any stupid opinion. There are hundreds and hundreds of variations to "kaomoji" which is the language. YOu can do almost anything with them.

e.g.
(o>.<o) in pain
(f ' . ' )?! confused
(/o^.^o)/ arms up
( _ _ ) head down

so there really are lots
Anyway, I thought you said you have not feelings in the other post and so why do you care how many emotions can be expressed with them?

Anyway, if being "superior" means not helping other and only taking advantage of what other write on the board I'd rather be "primitive" and help others with their problems.

Many Chinese poets (ancient ones) believe that happiness comes from other people's happiness, if you don't feel that way I really feel sorry for you. That proves being "superior" isn't so great after all. ( I know you will say that in "superior" view, this is not the case, oh what the heck!)

*Michelle*
10-27-2001, 03:41 PM
Oh ya, I forgot, 15th, I agree with you about the formatting thing and forgeting to back up stuff. I lost lost of things because of that and I also want to kick myself when I realize I forgot to back up something. ^.^ (Series X the other face doesn't have ears, so why do they have to have cheeks too? dumb ass

Betazep
10-27-2001, 03:52 PM
Wow... you people need to calm down.

You can't call people names here *Michelle*. Even though Seires X makes it tough to keep from calling him names, it does no good. If you are going to slam people, try to do it without calling them names directly.... like "dumb ass".

Series X... I don't care if you are depressed or happy. I really don't care about you at all. One thing for sure though is that it is nice to discuss things on this board from time to time. You are right that you don't need to show your programming ability, but could you at least add to the discussions instead of stepping on people all the time? You seem to be a smart enough fellow. So let's get some good posts instead of all of these slams...

Think about it.

~Betazep

Troll_King
10-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Many Chinese poets (ancient ones) believe that happiness comes from other people's happiness, if you don't feel that way I really feel sorry for you.

Than where does happiness come from originally?

You can't call people names here

This is news to me. I always call people names here.

Betazep
10-27-2001, 05:04 PM
;)

Yeah... but you have always been a special case Dean

The15th
10-27-2001, 05:50 PM
>>You seem to be a smart enough fellow.<<

cough cough

<<Than where does happiness come from originally? >>
that made me think. i know that this is way off the subject, but,
if god supposably created everything, then who created god?

and just incase someone can come up with some strange answer to that then, where was he created.

i know that is way off topic, i just got thinking with what Troll_King said.

>>I have no reason show my programming abilities. I'm not here to teach, I'm only here to learn.<<

that is fair enough. It's just that your always saying 'respect me im superior'. see i respect everyone on this board both as people and as programmers. i would just like to put you into that catagory. well as a programmer, cause i dont think the other one will happen.

Aran
10-27-2001, 06:07 PM
God was created by men as a way for them to be created, and as an explanation for the unexplainable in the times when god wasn't obsolete, as he/she is now.

I dislike Christianity in these days, it's way too dirty for my respect. In a day when morals are being lost left and right and ethics are the new code, Christianity just seems like an unneeded and obsolete throw back. I guess, in a way, we are becoming more communistic than ever before (IN A WAY).

I'm an existentialist of sorts, but i use my depressed and un-selfabsorbed views to make fun of humanity, and poke fun at our problems in a humorous way, instead of just driving myself into the ground with the "humans are unneccessary, life doesn't matter" crap that i hear out of some mouths.

EvenFlow
10-27-2001, 06:39 PM
>>I dislike Christianity in these days, it's way too dirty for my respect. In a day when morals are being lost left and right and ethics are the new code, Christianity just seems like an unneeded and obsolete throw back.<<

Judge Christianity by Christ alone. Nothing else.

Troll_King
10-27-2001, 06:41 PM
For certain explantions I can only fall back on the philosphy that events are wrapped up inside each other, for example a loop within a loop.

for(int i = 0; i < 1; i++)
{
for(int ii = 0; ii < 1; ii++)
{
}
}

Well even though we are experiencing life, the reality that created life (represented by the outter loop) has not happened yet or else it's not yet real.

EvenFlow
10-27-2001, 06:47 PM
>>I'm an existentialist of sorts <<

A fan of Kierkegaard no doubt.

no-one
10-27-2001, 06:48 PM
What annoyes me most?

Win32 could it be any more painful to work with and get anything running decently...

Series X4 1.0
10-28-2001, 07:04 AM
EvenFlow
Perhaps you should seek the help of a pychologist or pyschiatrist. You sound as though you may be suffering from depression

Depresion is not a psychological problem and is therfore not cured with a psychiatrist, possibly with a counsellor, doctor, or/and 'happy-pills'.

That's always the case. Why be sad because my brother died, I know somebody who lost both of his brothers. It doesn't matter how our lives looks like, what social status we have etc. People have the right to be depressed for whatever reason they have. If you think otherwise you're just ignorant.

You have every opportunity out there to really make something of yourself and your life

Yes, but I'm too lazy to be happy so I must be depressed instead.

*Michelle*
Well, I see you are in Sweden, then why don't you speak swedish, dumb ass

Because as I said: The common sense is to use the English language in a public forum. Not Japanese or Swedish.

I am sure you have eaten spaghetti before. And apparently you are not in Italy

Yes, that's because 'everyone' can understand food. It's not important where things come from, I don't make distinction on such things. What's important is to follow standards we all can understand.

There are hundreds and hundreds of variations to "kaomoji" which is the language. YOu can do almost anything with them

Why would you want to use them when 'nobody' will understand them?

(o>.<o) in pain
(f ' . ' )?! confused
(/o^.^o)/ arms up
( _ _ ) head down

Really? What a mess.

Alright, I'm sorry, I'll try to not be so closed minded - it's actually sweet of you to use Japanese smilies, it makes things more interesting! :)

Anyway, I thought you said you have not feelings in the other post and so why do you care how many emotions can be expressed with them?

Because other people are using emotions - it's a way to interact with people. Well, I do have emotions, but loneliness can mess anybody up in their head!

Many Chinese poets (ancient ones) believe that happiness comes from other people's happiness, if you don't feel that way I really feel sorry for you

Actually, I do agree with them, it seems to be the truth. Not all happiness, but most of it is caused by making someone else happy.

That proves being "superior" isn't so great after all

There are other things than emotions that can define "great". If you know anything about programming you should realise that you can define anything in a program. Things such as good and bad and "great" can be just concepts in a program, and in your mind. So just because we have emotions won't make our definitions more valid (I would say it's actually the opposite).

So I am superior in a way beyond you.

NnN
10-28-2001, 07:53 AM
>>People have the right to be depressed for whatever reason they have. If you think otherwise you're just ignorant. <<

and people have the right to help the depressed people to be happy for whatever reason they have. if you think otherwise then read your post again.

>>Because other people are using emotions - it's a way to interact with people. Well, I do have emotions, but loneliness can mess anybody up in their head! <<

try not showing people how "superior" you are, because people doesn't like talking to others that are so much greater than them and try acting like the "primitive" humans, you know the emotions and other stuff it, would help you to be un-lonely

Aran
10-28-2001, 09:15 AM
I see no real use in direct name calling, if you are going to make an ass of someone, run a circle around him/her intelectually and completely confusing them. This will really prove them to be the looser in the arguement, and lead to far more bragging rights than a "you're a dumbass. No, you're a dumbass" arguement that really never results in anything.

Series X4 1.0
10-28-2001, 09:41 AM
NnN
and people have the right to help the depressed people to be happy for whatever reason they have

If you're trying to force something on another human it will only lead to conflicts.

Now remember: people can't help me because I DON'T WANT HELP FROM PEOPLE because I'm too negative and depressed to be helped. I'll help myself when it's time for that! So shut up and be happy instead.

NnN
10-28-2001, 02:20 PM
>>So shut up and be happy instead.<<
weird...i was allowed to say whatever i wanted using my other name... and that just shows your "superiority"...

Pendragon
10-28-2001, 02:24 PM
What annoys me the most?

Right at this second it wuold have to be the gnat that is buzzing around my PC(Grr...)...

Also the cost of a 60Gb hard disk and the cost of Xp Pro upgrade versus a student budget...:(

*Michelle*
10-28-2001, 07:08 PM

Yes, but I'm too lazy to be happy so I must be depressed instead.

That's pathetic.

]Originally posted by Series X4 1.0

Why would you want to use them when 'nobody' will understand them?

Geez, you really need to get the whole picture here, I can find almost half of my school who knows Kaomoji and the almost the entire Japanese population will know about it one way or the other. It is really untrue to say that "nobody" will understand kaomoji. I mean I do at least, if you think no one else in the world does. And try to search for kaomojis on the web you will find thousands of webpages about them. You see that bunny bunny there? That is originated from the kaomoji language. People just decided to make animations out of them.

Alright, I'm sorry, I'll try to not be so closed minded - it's actually sweet of you to use Japanese smilies, it makes things more interesting! :)

thanks. You see you can be nice when you want to be why make yourself hateful to everyone else? :confused

Well, I do have emotions, but loneliness can mess anybody up in their head!

You know why you are lonely, you make people hate you! Maybe you don't care if you have friends or not, but let me tell you, you will need them someday and you probably do have friends you are just trying to get attention by being mean. I can't say that it doesn't do wonders for you.

Actually, I do agree with them, it seems to be the truth. Not all happiness, but most of it is caused by making someone else happy.

Then why don't you try that?

So I am superior in a way beyond you.

Oh sure, haha very funny.:rolleyes:

The15th
10-28-2001, 10:59 PM
<start crying>
I hate living here. yeah sure its a nice country and all that, but it cost 10 times more for books than anywhere else, and we have to wait 10 years to get them because they always have to ship them in from the U.S :(
I just rang every bookstore in australia to try and get a copy of OpenGl Game Programming. No where had it, now its costing me 170 bucks to get it in from the U.S Man this really annoys me.
</end crying>

EvenFlow
10-29-2001, 01:03 AM
>>Depresion is not a psychological problem and is therfore not cured with a psychiatrist, possibly with a counsellor, doctor, or/and 'happy-pills'. <<

Rubbish it isn't.

Depression...Mental disorder characterised by unresponsiveness ot stimuli; self-depreciation, delusions of inadequacy and hoplessness.

More info on types of depression http://encarta.msn.com/find/Concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=761578989

*Michelle*
10-29-2001, 01:33 AM
Teeheehee :D Sucker! (Series)

Series X4 1.0
10-29-2001, 03:19 PM
NnN
weird...i was allowed to say whatever i wanted using my other name... and that just shows your "superiority"...

It shows nothing.

You're still allowed to say whatever you want, and it doesn't matter to me what name someone is using because I judge 'each' post individually (there are a few exceptions).

Just because I said "shut up" and wrote in bold CAPS doesn't mean I was angry or annoyed or anything. It was just to make my point clear.

*Michelle*
Geez, you really need to get the whole picture here, I can find almost half of my school who knows Kaomoji and the almost the entire Japanese population will know about it one way or the other.

This is not your school, this is not Japan, this is a board about C and C++ programming. This board uses the English language.

thanks. You see you can be nice when you want to be why make yourself hateful to everyone else? :confused

This is getting too sensitive :(. I need a break. Please avoid all personal questions.

You know why you are lonely, you make people hate you! Maybe you don't care if you have friends or not, but let me tell you, you will need them someday and you probably do have friends you are just trying to get attention by being mean. I can't say that it doesn't do wonders for you

True, I'm just evil - and there is nothing I can do about it. Too bad.

EvenFlow
>>Depresion is not a psychological problem and is therfore not cured with a psychiatrist, possibly with a counsellor, doctor, or/and 'happy-pills'. <<

Rubbish it isn't.

Depression is most likely caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain (like in my case), so as I told you: It is generally not cured with the help of a psychiatrist. It is cured with antidepressants.

Please admit that you're wrong, I know a lot more about this subject than you do, insect.

Aran
10-29-2001, 03:42 PM
you disgust me.

Look, if you believe we are lower than you, you are not human. Obviously we are. To be above us would be to be something else. What the hell are you?

Calling us insects proves nothing. You really haven't given the solid proof that would be needed to even insult our intelligence. If you want to be mr. superior and wow us all out of our heads, go do some research and blow us away with that. Generalizations are far below you if you are so superior to us all.

doubleanti
10-29-2001, 06:13 PM
>Also the cost of a 60Gb hard disk and the cost of Xp Pro upgrade versus a student budget...

i agree... status: still on hiatus...

that, and what's the problem here? i see a lot of fold-on-fold... but how will this be resolved?... [or, if such more confusion is to be added, you could pretend i didn't ask...]

-anti^2

EvenFlow
10-29-2001, 09:02 PM
>>Please admit that you're wrong, I know a lot more about this
subject than you do, insect.

I will turn the other cheek, but let me say the ignorance you demonstrate is beyond my comprehension.

What do you think a pychiatrist is? They are able to prescribe medication, pyschologists aren't. Yes depression is an imbalance of chemicals. However, it is a mental disorder.

*Michelle*
10-30-2001, 12:33 AM
He doesn't know what he is talking about. I just read a book about how you can be one person in the real world and be another on the net. Someone in here (hint hint) reminds of the girl in the book. Uggh *shudder*

Natase
10-30-2001, 02:57 AM
This is not your school, this is not Japan, this is a board about C and C++ programming. This board uses the English language.

This is not your world, this is not your board. This is a board where people help each other regarding programming and engage in discussions about everything under the sun

Stop calling people names

Stop putting down others' ideas with no negating proof

Stop infuriating people over such insignificant things as a japanese smilie