PDA

View Full Version : Screaming idiot - shuttle "photo".

adrianxw
03-06-2003, 02:17 AM
Have a look at this (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_030403/content/eib_extra.guest.html) idiot! How on Earth can anyone try to pass that off as a photograph? Not a single cloud from Greenland to the Black Sea and from near the North pole to about the Equator? The Atlantic so clear you can see the Mid Atlantic ridge?

Anyone know who he is?

face_master
03-06-2003, 02:46 AM
maybe there's some way the clouds can be omitted, but all of the markings on the ocean are a bit much :rolleyes:

dP munky
03-06-2003, 06:02 AM
i doubt this thing is real...just doesnt seem to fit??? i think face posted the pic of "the earth at night" it looks like a sat. image compiled w/that pic, think about it the shuttle doesnt orbit that high, if you've ever watched nasa tv when there's a shuttle up, and they show live feed from the ship looking down on earth, it just seems like their closer?? i dunno, its prolly just me

edit:: and like you guys said...no clouds over such a large portion of the planet?

Fordy
03-06-2003, 06:38 AM
Bill Hicks described this man as satan........sums him up pretty well

hk_mp5kpdw
03-06-2003, 06:39 AM
Looks like a composite image maybe? You should not be able to see subsurface features like those shown in the Atlantic Ocean. Depending on the angles involved, you should also see some reflection from the water's surface. As for the matter of clouds; someone could look at the dates of that shuttle mission and compare those dates with the NOAA (or some other source) for cloud coverage over the North Atlantic during that timeframe. It does NOT appear to be an original/unaltered image.

salvelinus
03-06-2003, 06:48 AM
Don't need that photo to know he's an idiot. In fact, there was a book a couple years back titled "Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot" that was on the bestseller lists.

Govtcheez
03-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Heh - that's my wallpaper (has been for a few weeks) - I don't care if it's real or not, it's kinda neat to look at.

Rush Limbaugh's a right-wing talk radio host.

Yes, he's a big fat idiot. I know because Al Franken told me so.

adrianxw
03-06-2003, 08:17 AM
>>>
someone could look at the dates of that shuttle mission and compare those dates with the NOAA (or some other source) for cloud coverage over the North Atlantic during that timeframe.
<<<

Don't need too, where I live is on that picture and I don't recall us having a cloud free day since about October!

jessie23
03-06-2003, 08:20 AM
i hate our school. the site is restricted for opinion on the network. oh well.

Govtcheez
03-06-2003, 08:22 AM
Don't worry - it's Rush Limbaugh's site - there's nothing of value there anyways.

Govtcheez
03-06-2003, 08:23 AM
Here's the picture, if you're interested

Silvercord
03-06-2003, 10:55 AM
>> I don't care if it's real or not, it's kinda neat to look at.

That's what my dad says about my mom

jdinger
03-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Silvercord
>> I don't care if it's real or not, it's kinda neat to look at.

That's what my dad says about my mom

HAHAHAHA! you are so wrong......funny, though......but still wrong.

ygfperson
03-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Maybe there's some camera equipment they had that could penetrate clouds and the whitecaps in the ocean.

Of course, I'm pulling at straws here... whether or not that image is real, Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

dP munky
03-06-2003, 02:29 PM
>>... whether or not that image is real, Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.

like i said before, to me it doesnt look like it but hey, what the hell do i know?

rush limbaugh, have you guys ever listend to his show? he wont debate w/people on the air, ....hey im rush limbaugh im gunna tell you my views on everything, but you cant call in and retort, cuz im a "big fat idiot".... i dont get that, what better way to support a view you have then to debate it w/someone

-KEN-
03-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Rush Limbaugh...Fred Phelps...they're all on my list of people to take out before I die.

sean
03-06-2003, 03:20 PM
DP Monkey - if I were to follow the images from NASA TV when they're tracking the shuttle, I could safely conculde that columbia is 3 times the size of Texas.

I remember seeing that photo several months ago - long before Columbia exploded.

dP munky
03-06-2003, 03:30 PM
um....what?

Procyon
03-08-2003, 07:07 PM
It's clearly fake. The lack of clouds is extremely suspicious but the day/night pattern is what seals it - notice that Northern Greenland, Iceland, and Norway are all illuminated. The Columbia mission took place in January. At that time of year these northern regions are in total darkness all day.

Also, you cannot see the seafloor from space. The ocean is opaque beyond a few tens of meters' depth even in clear regions. So not only is this not from Columbia, it's not even a real photograph...

SAMSAM
03-08-2003, 08:44 PM
The nighttime area(w europe, north africa) is actualy, rush
limbaugh,s belly reflected on the picture while erasing the
clouds:p