PDA

View Full Version : What should I become?

Wonderer
03-03-2003, 03:19 PM
I am thinking about my future. I don't know what to become, and I was wondering if any of you could help me here.

My priorities for my furure job are:

1. Good working times, so that I can spend alot of time with my family
2. Well paid
3. The job is social

I don't care about anything else about such a job, or about what is required to get it.

So I would be very, very happy if you could come up with good suggestions here:)

Travis Dane
03-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Wonderer

My priorities for my furure job are:

2. Well paid
3. The job is social

You forgot being Bill Gates:p
You're very demanding, At first you're most likely to end up
low, underpaid, And being other peoples slave.

Wonderer
03-03-2003, 03:44 PM
I am ready to be low, underpaid, and being other peoples slave, if I can eventually reach a job with the criteria I gave.

Wanderer
03-03-2003, 03:50 PM
wake up sonny ! The world would have been a much better place to live in if everybody could do that. Unfortunately, nobody can guide you along the path that you wish to take. You are the only one to help yourself.

Wanderer

Yawgmoth
03-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I am ready to be low, underpaid, and being other peoples slave, if I can eventually reach a job with the criteria I gave.

Well, then you could probably become almost anything, and just work your way up to CEO

dP munky
03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
thats not entirely true, there are lots of programming jobs out there that have pretty good hours and pay pretty well, (40-65000) now the social part, thats where things get tricky...

LouDu
03-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
You forgot being Bill Gates:p
You're very demanding, At first you're most likely to end up
low, underpaid, And being other peoples slave.

*chuckels* :p

Xei
03-03-2003, 07:43 PM
You could become someone who begs for money. Downtown at populated markets you could make a large sum of money and make it home before dinner. ;)

Only you can find out what you want to be. Review many jobs that contain the things that you may like, then try afew during your life, its an experience.

salvelinus
03-04-2003, 07:40 AM
Job (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800340802&cf=info&intl=us)

jessie23
03-04-2003, 08:26 AM
im surprised no one has linked a google search. how about a pro athelete? they have good hours dont they?

alpha
03-04-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jessie23
im surprised no one has linked a google search.

here ya go. Google Search (www.google.com)

but seriously, you choose what you want to be. Don't go into the job world with your requirements. those will follow. do what you love, what you truly want to do. it is all up to you.

Govtcheez
03-04-2003, 08:35 AM
alpha's right - don't play to those goals - those'll come in time. Find a job that has to do with your interests.

zahid
03-04-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Wonderer

2. Well paid
3. The job is social

Your second point is turning your job in an opposite side of the others. There must be some tradeoff.

Scourfish
03-05-2003, 02:41 AM
Work for McDonalds

Silvercord
03-07-2003, 09:14 AM
you don't even say what type of job you want. Given this is a programming website, I assume that's what you're interested in, but there's a lot of people on this site that want to be electrical engineers, or computer engineers, or osmething that has to do with computers but not programming.

social? Every job has at least some socialness in it, but computer jobs? well, um...Hmm..become a therapist if you want social

given you are looking for a computer job:

www.brainbuzz.com
www.computerjobs.com
www.cplusplusjobs.com
www.hotjobs.com
www.monster.com
www.justcjobs.com
www.computerwork.com
www.getoffyourlazyassandgetacollegeeducationbefore thinkingabouthavingachanceofgettingajobthatpayswel l.com

SAMSAM
03-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Its easy;

think of a job or(bussines) you would do for free.
then choose that as your career.because even if u dont make
lots of money at it,u are still a winner.
but most probably ,chances are that u make it big(because u do what u like to do).

be it be dogtraining, firefighting,social activist,cartoon graphist, medicine, programming.

speaking of programming.the fact that u are asking that question
of ,which career to choose?probably means that ,programming
is not it for u.

me i have been doing (for a few years)programming as a great hobby.because it makes me happy (not money).

programmingly speaking if u want to have a great social life
do this:

create your own world environment API (the way to mingle).
initialize all variables(individuals) = TRUE; unless proven

otherwise. use assert.h and utilize(getlasterror() often. make
your loved ones as type global boolean TRUE. and use
DeleteObject() fast to get rid of the bad bugs.

initialize ur class interface functions(dealing with people) public (open) and friend ,not private .(or better yet , just use C).

Dont mind me. i gote bad cold, with a 39 fever