PDA

View Full Version : How do you print on a transparency ?

Zeeshan
02-24-2003, 08:29 AM
I've to do a presentation on "COOLING OF ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT", this week. I want to know, how to print on a transparency sheet? Can a normal printer (bubblejet, dot matrix) print on a transparency?

someone told me to first print the material on paper and then to get it "powder-copied" over a transparency for more clarity ?

Govtcheez
02-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Our school has copy-machines that do that - just print onto normal paper and put it into the copier. Maybe you should see if you could get access to one

ober
02-24-2003, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure about a dot matrix (I'm not even sure why anyone still has one of those), but I know you can buy transparencies for normal inkjet printers. They're really expensive IMO and you can get it done cheaper at a local place of business I would think, or like cheez said, with the right copier.

02-24-2003, 09:17 AM
>I'm not sure about a dot matrix (I'm not even sure why anyone still has one of those)

they are good for printing things important to businesses: invoices, PO's, etc...

we work on them all the time, and there is still a large demand for them.

vasanth
02-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Looks like you have a presentation to be done on those old projectors;..... You get those sheets for Ink Jet printers and they are quite cheap...

Fountain
02-24-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ...
>I'm not sure about a dot matrix (I'm not even sure why anyone still has one of those)

they are good for printing things important to businesses: invoices, PO's, etc...

we work on them all the time, and there is still a large demand for them.

And cant you make carbon copies etc with these things? Like wow.Print once not twice.

Mister C
02-24-2003, 08:45 PM
You can make transparencies with most copiers. Also, most laser printer will print with them. Just be careful how you load them into the printer!!!

adrianxw
02-25-2003, 12:48 AM
>>> most laser printer will print with them.

Yes, but you need to have the consumables specially made for that, as was mentioned before. The cheap stuff can melt in a laser - expensive repair.

indian_fan
02-25-2003, 02:29 PM
print it on plain paper and then photocopy from that to the transparencies.