PDA

View Full Version : Geek Dating

RoD
02-22-2003, 06:24 PM
lmfao u guys have so got to read this crap, lol....haha thats great...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~marcone/geekdudes.html

Travis Dane
02-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Most of it is true, But i'm affraid geeks look like $$$$e so NO they
don't get dates.

Travis Dane
02-22-2003, 07:10 PM
And then i'm talking about the kind of geekes refered in that
doucment, Having good quality's like being smart, having good
job and income, being responsible etc. It all comes down to
looks at the beginning, If you look bad, You suck. Some people
don't think like this, But that are a few, So little change of a geek
(looking) person to get a date.

windoze victim
02-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Some of that, okay, semi-true at least.
But I object to the "watch his weight gain" I enjoy a good long run, nordic ski, bike ride, run, ect.

And the author makes it sound like geeks are pets.

The whole star trek thing is also overrated.

Im much more into Star Wars.

Travis Dane
02-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by windoze victim
And the author makes it sound like geeks are pets.

I was about to mention it

A batch of chocolate chip cookies will let him know that you love him. You do have to monitor your geek for weight gain

Can you believe it?

valar_king
02-22-2003, 07:51 PM
That was stupid. The author has no idea what seh's talking about. That's like me writing a paper, "What goes on in the head of a woman." It would be inaccurate and oppinionated, or even plain false. She talks about geeks like they're not human, they're animals to take care of. Such people should not attemp to enter a relationship.

Panopticon
02-22-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by valar_king
That was stupid. The author has no idea what seh's talking about. That's like me writing a paper, "What goes on in the head of a woman." It would be inaccurate and oppinionated, or even plain false. She talks about geeks like they're not human, they're animals to take care of. Such people should not attemp to enter a relationship.

ditto

RoD
02-22-2003, 09:43 PM
Man u guys read way to much into stuff! It was a joke paper drafted on v-day, its not meant seriously....geez u guys lol.

napkin111
02-22-2003, 11:34 PM
Ah hahahahahahaha!!! I was going to respond how much I liked the article and how I was gonna send it to some prospective girl friends ;), but instead I'll ask this: HOW CAN YOU TAKE IT SO SERIOUSLY!?!? Sorry, I generally never type in caps and hardly ever use more than 3 punctuation marks, but jeez.

Oh yeah btw, I liked it and I'm gonna send it to some prospective girl friends.

//napKIN

Xterria
02-23-2003, 01:27 AM
you're full of yourself napkin
//edit
woops your not full of yourself..you like john carmack too!

Yawgmoth
02-23-2003, 01:58 AM

Me too. Also, the article refers to Babylon 5 as a Star Trek series, when it is not.

napkin111
02-23-2003, 08:52 AM
Full of myself?....um ok....**shrug**
Carmack r00lz tho!

//napKIN

Travis Dane
02-23-2003, 09:18 AM

I hate you!:p
What's wrong with star trek anyway? It's closer to reality than
star wars is.

Govtcheez
02-23-2003, 09:41 AM
It's a joke, people. For Chrissakes, guys.....

Maybe they should have said "Geeks are easily distinguishable by their lack of even a rudimentary sense of humor and their tendency to read wayyyy too far into things".

RoD
02-23-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
It's a joke, people. For Chrissakes, guys.....

Maybe they should have said "Geeks are easily distinguishable by their lack of even a rudimentary sense of humor and their tendency to read wayyyy too far into things".

haha thats great, i cant believe how seriously some of u guys too that...

Jeremy G
02-23-2003, 03:43 PM
Hrm, There seems to be something lacking, and Im not sure if it was by choice or by unconcious decision or by just lack of realization. But I am posting this in the hope it will some day help a woman to land a geek guy.

Looks:
Believe it or not, geeks guys are man guys too. Geeks just like jocks, rebels and preps have the darkner nature of wanting a trophy woman. Undstanding eyes, and caring attitude will only get you so far, but semi-perfect bodily proportion will bound your your geek guy over the edge of like, clear into lustily love.

What can I say, geeks can be shallow too.

valar_king
02-23-2003, 05:48 PM
This may sound stupid, but what are "preps" or "preppies"?

jessie23
02-24-2003, 08:33 AM
how long will it be until the attractive females see the light? i dont know but ill be waiting.

ober
02-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by valar_king
This may sound stupid, but what are "preps" or "preppies"? That depends... in my high school it was the "pretty people"... usually someone of a higher financial standing.. that term can also apply to a "smart group"... or slang for "college prep"... which was a cirriculum in my HS.

jessie23
02-24-2003, 08:44 AM
at my school i think preps would best be defined as those varsity athletes who are preparing to go on to college. mostly constists of higher class kids who are stupid ignorrant jerks, but let's not go into that now.

Unregd
02-24-2003, 03:14 PM
Ever since the masked nerd befriended the attractive woman in Revenge of the Nerds and said the now famous line, "Because nerds think about it all the time," it's been no secret to women everywhere that nerds/geeks/what-have-you-now are top-notch relationship material for any woman; and I applaud Mikki Halpin and Victoria Maat's attempt to give women the extra confidence they need to approach the tech elite.

Unfortunately, as frequently happens when dealing with stereotypes, accuracy is always the first thing sacrificed. If you happen to be one of the true geeks, like me, you would appreciate the finer and possibly ethnic cooking that cannot be found at a McDonald's or in a Hostess cupcake wrapper. And forget Star Trek: Real geeks are not bound by mortal categories like TV show genres.

Really, this guide was good for a laugh, but it only reinforces the geek stereotype in the end.

Topic change! (R)

Yeah, preps are evil. Everyone knows they're just a bunch of GPA-chasing trend followers.