PDA

View Full Version : QUITTING coffee tips

Silvercord
02-14-2003, 04:08 PM
I've made a resolution to quit coffee over my week long vacation from school. I get a pick up during school when I am drinking coffee, but when i come home I'm too tired to do homework, and if I drink more I cannot get to sleep. Basically the next two days are really going to suck for me (withdrawl) but I was wondering if any of you fine folk have any tips to make life easier.

dP munky
02-14-2003, 04:14 PM
pick up another habbit, like master******(pg13) lol, j/k

RoD
02-14-2003, 04:15 PM
not pg13...

YoYo
02-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Silvercord
I've made a resolution to quit coffee over my week long vacation from school. I get a pick up during school when I am drinking coffee, but when i come home I'm too tired to do homework, and if I drink more I cannot get to sleep. Basically the next two days are really going to suck for me (withdrawl) but I was wondering if any of you fine folk have any tips to make life easier.

Suck a bottle of cow or goat milk whenever you think of coffee.
Hope that will help.

RoD
02-14-2003, 04:47 PM
drink soda.

Commander
02-14-2003, 04:54 PM
a little chocolate helps, not too much or u'll get addicted 2 those

MethodMan
02-14-2003, 06:45 PM
I dont understand why people even start drinking coffee. First, it tastes disgusting, second, if you need it to stay awake, I dont think it can help that much, and third, if you drink it a lot you have fun quitting.

Good Luck

Nick
02-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Drink tea

Silvercord
02-14-2003, 07:35 PM
I dont think it can help that much

holy crap are you ever wrong

drink tea

I've had 3 cups of coffee and 4 cups of tea today :) I think when I go to cut down I will take nick's suggestion and just drink tea instead (like try to make by with 3 cups tea the entire day)

civix
02-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Why would someone wanna quit coffee..? It's great for those all-nighters when your playing an online FPS or coding something magnificent...But if you really wanna quit...
.....Nah, cant help ya :p :D

RoD
02-14-2003, 09:37 PM
I've found coffee to be like my nacho's or taco bell when i program....if it aint here, it seems like neither am i!

Fountain
02-15-2003, 06:25 AM
No point drinking tea is there :rolleyes:

It has caffeine in as well.

You are not addicted to coffee, just caffeine.

So either drink decaf orrrrrrr drink BEER! :D

Oh, are you old enough to drink? If not, just drink the coffee!

Shiro
02-15-2003, 06:38 AM
>So either drink decaf orrrrrrr drink BEER!

Drinking beer helps very well to get to sleep, however, just like coffee and chocolate, it can lead to an addiction. And, it is more worse for your belly than coffee. :)

frenchfry164
02-15-2003, 01:03 PM
>> First, it tastes disgusting

have you ever heard of sweetener?

Coffee is awesome, but I'm stuck with the plain decaf instant coffee. So I don't drink it, I need the caffeine. So I drink tea. But all my parents buy is cinnamon and lemon, but that's okay, it has caffeine. All our soft drinks are caffeine free too. *sigh*. I need caffeine pills :D

Travis Dane
02-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Eat alot and drink alot of substance with alot of sugar in them.
I've always said coffee is devlish!:p