PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you bought duct tape?

Cheeze-It
02-13-2003, 01:37 PM
These people are crazy. They're the same wieners that went out
and bought up all the Cipro during that whole Anthrax thing. It's
like.. for some reason they actually think they're important (maybe
that's not the right word) enough to be a victim of a terrorist
attack. That they're the only ones on this planet, nobody else
exists, so the odds of them being the target are really high.

Something like nine people were infected with Antrhax. Nine.
Out of what? 300 million? Yet so many people went out and
bought those anti-biotics. Same thing with the DC Sniper. It's
the same thing with this duct tape issue... There's really no
reason why anybody should worry.

I just can't picture any sane person duct taping their windows
and doors.

Duck Tape!!!

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I read about it, And yes i think it's madness.

RoD
02-13-2003, 01:56 PM
DAMN he beat me to the new thread!

Well, least now all the poor people can say, "I'm not poor, i'm prepared!"

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by RoD
DAMN he beat me to the new thread!

I have no idea what you're talking about!:confused:

*me 08:41, him 08:56....SUCKERRRRRRRR*

RoD
02-13-2003, 01:59 PM
i was going to post bout it when i was done fixing my program, he beat me to it.

dP munky
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
it doesnt make sense either, as if putting up duct tape w/plastic will actually help you? and who said anything about attacking residential areas....there arent a lot of people there, i highly doubt we'll get a biological attack, if anything it'll be something (hate to say this)original, like 9/11. were expecting bio attacks,

Dalren
02-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Although I agree with you about the duct tape thing (if you seal off your house, where are you going to get air to breath???). Your comment about DC sniper kind of ........ed me off.

I live in the area, in fact just 5-10 minutes from where one of the shootings occured. Those attacks weren't targeted at important people like terrorist attacks could be they were just regular people at the wrong place at the wrong time. Trust me if you had been living in the area durring the time you would have been worried atleast a little because of it. Hell, even I was and I don't get nervous easily.

But yeah, even the people in the suburbs of DC are wasting their time with plastic and duct tape

Yawgmoth
02-13-2003, 03:43 PM
I haven't bought any duct tape, but I have been keeping my eye out for lightbulbs. That's right, lightbulbs. Apparently, they are possible weapons for terrorists.

Silvercord
02-13-2003, 05:52 PM
I have no clue how duct tape would do anything. How was it supposed to be used?

RoD
02-13-2003, 05:53 PM
it was to be used in combination with plastic sheeting to cover cracks/windows/etc from biological warefare and crap.

Silvercord
02-13-2003, 05:55 PM
lol that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

abrege
02-13-2003, 07:24 PM
I hope they all suffocate...

dP munky
02-13-2003, 07:25 PM
>>I haven't bought any duct tape, but I have been keeping my eye out for lightbulbs. That's right, lightbulbs. Apparently, they are possible weapons for terrorists.

try it sometime, it doesnt work, light bulbs are sealed and they wont explode, i dunno the science behind it, but they did some special on msnbc about "how terrorists would attack us" and apparently light bulbs arent a big deal

RoD
02-13-2003, 07:36 PM
lightbulbs are under-estimated! They can be used to ignite gun-powder in home mad explosives. For example, and i won't describe how to build any bombs, if u take a headlight bulb, tap it so that a small section of glass breaks, and break so that the internals are exposed, they ignite gun powder on receipt of electricity.

Yawgmoth
02-13-2003, 08:06 PM
The thing is, in any major city, lightbulbs are all over the place, so staying away from them for fear of your life is pretty dumb. Just like duct tape.

Scourfish
02-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Carpe Ductum! Sieze the tape!

Any other folks watch Red Green?

novacain
02-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Duct tape?

No. My Gerbil escaped.

But I do have a truck load of fertilizer and a drum of diesel.

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 10:15 PM
> Any other folks watch Red Green?

You better believe it! I'm gonna a'modify my van to look like a possum, too!

Panopticon
02-14-2003, 05:46 AM
Yes I agree with the light bulb theory. The tungsten filament in halogen bulbs can heat up to temperatures in excess of 3000 *C. Only God knows what terrorists may do with that kind of temperature at their disposal!

Not to mention that the bulb can be shattered into dangerously sharp shards. It can be used as shrapnel for projectile weapons... the possibilities are endless.

RoD
02-14-2003, 05:48 AM
what i can't stand is the media listing all the ways they can hurt us, ie our weaknesses, why don't we just do it for them....

Travis Dane
02-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Well, I i really agree with the fact that people starting to worry
about chemical weapons is ridiculous, Most people smoke and
drink behind the wheel, That's more dangerous than a chemical
attack wich is highly unlikely.

Commander
02-15-2003, 08:51 PM
there's something REALLy wrong with u guys :rolleyes:
lightbulbs -> terrorists

man............

oh yeah, i watch red green too!

unanimous
02-17-2003, 03:54 PM
WEll, maybe terrorists are afraid of duct tape?

Travis Dane
02-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Ductape rules! You can shut mouths with it! Bind anoying sister
to the table....ehm...not that i actually did that you know!

GanglyLamb
02-17-2003, 04:01 PM
This might sound strange but when i was a kid and when i went to school .... first two years ...if you were too loud the teacher would say: "Shaddap or ill put some plastic tape over your mouth"
In those days duck tape wasnt really know/existence. Anyhow i hope teachers nowadays have there ducktape ready in their desk.:p

Travis Dane
02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by GanglyLamb
"Shaddap or ill put some plastic tape over your mouth"

You could sufficate from that! Scary teacher you had.....

KrAzY CrAb
02-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by RoD
what i can't stand is the media listing all the ways they can hurt us, ie our weaknesses, why don't we just do it for them....
so you think terrorists are dumber than a 5 yearold? doa google search for anarchist handbook, try misspelling some words, youll get more results, I promise. of allt his info has been out in the public for years in many many forms, they know more ways to kill us than to buy some lightbulbs.

RoD
02-17-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by KrAzY CrAb
so you think terrorists are dumber than a 5 yearold? doa google search for anarchist handbook, try misspelling some words, youll get more results, I promise. of allt his info has been out in the public for years in many many forms, they know more ways to kill us than to buy some lightbulbs.

i know all about the ACB, even tho it leaves out most detail i read it.

i am not referring to light bulbs. I am referring to thing like the other nite. The media unconverd a security flaw at a subway that would allow bombs to go undetected. Rather than inform them, they broadcast it on tv....smart.

ober
02-17-2003, 05:15 PM
getting back to the duct tape thing... I live less than 2 hours from DC and you can't find a roll of duct tape in the stores anywhere around here. I personally don't think it would be enough to stop nerve gas from getting into your house... but i guess people will try anything.

KrAzY CrAb
02-17-2003, 05:17 PM
This ........es me off, I sometimes build things and I need duct tape, can i find it for my onw use? a REAL use? NOOOOO!!!!!

RoD
02-17-2003, 05:18 PM
my dad said he needed duct tape for his jeep n the stores were out

so damn dumb

RoD
02-17-2003, 05:29 PM
my buddy did a comic on it (comic series coming soon!)

dP munky
02-17-2003, 06:45 PM
oh my god what are they doing to him?? there hitting him and making fun of him, breaking his inner child, tomorrow he'll come back and shoot both of them w/an automatic weapon

GanglyLamb
02-18-2003, 05:49 AM
You could sufficate from that! Scary teacher you had.....
breath through ur noze :p

face_master
02-18-2003, 05:54 AM
>> my buddy did a comic on it (comic series coming soon!)

Thats like the lamest thing ive ever seen

jessie23
02-18-2003, 08:40 AM
i wonder if people are still going to run their heaters or air conditioners if an attack happens. that would defeat the purphose completly. the cartoon was worth a chuckle at least.

duck this..
02-18-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm writing this from my impenertrable bunker.

Some guy started digging it in the 1900's because the Russians were coming (they never did).

His grandson kept digging in WWII because the Japanese were going to bomb the area (they never did).

His grandson nearly finished it in the 80's because the Soviets and Americans were going to newk the planet (they never did).

Finally, some guy completed it last month because terrorists were going to destroy the planet.

However, since he was killed in a car accident last week, I'm left to duck tape the windows.

Travis Dane
02-18-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RoD
my buddy did a comic on it (comic series coming soon!)

What's so funny? Theyre hitting him with a stick and turn into
what? Stone? What does this has to do with terrorists and their
bombing?

By the way that bunker text rocked!

Govtcheez
02-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Damn, you're stupid - they covered him in duct tape and then started hitting him.

Travis Dane
02-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Damn, you're stupid - they covered him in duct tape and then started hitting him.

Then it sucks even more then i anticipated.

Govtcheez
02-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Well, it's a shame you think that... But again, if you're just going to reply to complain about it, keep your mouth shut.

Travis Dane
02-18-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
keep your mouth shut.

I din't post specificly to complain about it, But then you showed
putting some fuel on the fire, You're not too motivating either
with the forever shut up and dumbass words.

Govtcheez
02-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
I din't post specificly to complain about it

No?

> Then it sucks even more then i anticipated.

I guess you're right - I probably misunderstood "this sucks".

> the forever shut up and dumbass words.

Well, if you didn't give me a reason to, I wouldn't say anything.

Travis Dane
02-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
But then you showed putting some fuel on the fire.

^ That came before the suck sentence you mentioned

ZerOrDie
02-18-2003, 01:05 PM
Yes I agree with the light bulb theory. The tungsten filament in halogen bulbs can heat up to temperatures in excess of 3000 *C. Only God knows what terrorists may do with that kind of temperature at their disposal!

Not to mention that the bulb can be shattered into dangerously sharp shards. It can be used as shrapnel for projectile weapons... the possibilities are endless.

i really hope that was meant as sarcasm...

anyways this reminds me of y2k go buy generators the power is going to go out :rolleyes: well at least it was funny seing all those people trying to return them next day but lol they had not noticed that most hardware stores had decided to not refund generator purchases after the y2k :D