PDA

View Full Version : Office pranks

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 09:38 AM
My office isn't fun enough, so a co-worker and I occasionally pull minor pranks on each other. The problem is that they're all just garden variety pranks or various versions of them (last time he was out of the office, I covered the hole on the bottom of his mouse with scotch tape) and I need new ideas. Give me some!

civix
02-13-2003, 09:42 AM
Disconnect the computer from the internet, network, or whatever it is you guys have :)

salvelinus
02-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Change the paths on his computer

Polymorphic OOP
02-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Have an affair with his wife.

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 09:49 AM
> Have an affair with his wife.

I would say you win, except this guy's only 19.

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 09:50 AM
Is that target a little smart? Does he look in the task manager
often? If not, You could always install subseven and flip his screen,
cloack his mouse or send 'i know what you did last LAN party'
messages.

Polymorphic OOP
02-13-2003, 09:52 AM
a friend of mine taught me this one:

take a screenshot of the person's desktop, then remove all of the desktop icons and set his windows background to the screenshot. CLASSIC!

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Polymorphic OOP

take a screenshot of the person's desktop, then remove all of the desktop icons and set his windows background to the screenshot. CLASSIC!

What windows are we talking about? I think XP was a little
rejective when it came up to deleting desktop icons like the bin.

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 10:05 AM
It's 2K, and I can't do that, since I'd have to log in as him.

hk_mp5kpdw
02-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Me and a friend did this once... we changed the character set on a persons computer while they were in the bathroom. When they came back, they would try to type something, but the wrong characters would appear on screen. There was some kind of ctrl key sequence me and my friend could quickly press that would switch it back and forth I think. When they weren't looking, we would hit that ctrl sequence and then things worked fine. Later, we would hit the ctrl sequence again and they problems mysteriously returned. The person almost called tech support but we weren't too cruel and explained what we did.

minesweeper
02-13-2003, 10:10 AM
I am going to play this on my housemate at some point. Hopefully it is possible to do this on 2k. Write a small program, probably a service or something that isn't visible on the screen and runs upon startup. Anyway, this program, at random intervals of between 10 mins and 1/2 hour, pops open the cd-drive.

Hammer
02-13-2003, 10:25 AM
>>It's 2K, and I can't do that, since I'd have to log in as him.
What, he doesn't leave his desk and forget to lock the screen?

Personally, I've found these (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml) to be useful on occasion.

Does he have speed dial buttons on his desk phone? You can always swap them around or change them for a chat line number.

Do you have a hole-punch? Empty its rubbish into his coat pocket or sandwich box or something.

salvelinus
02-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Duct tape a dead fish to the bottom of his chair.

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by salvelinus
Duct tape a dead fish to the bottom of his chair.

Come again?

salvelinus
02-13-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
Come again?
It's in the movie Grumpy Old Men. Think of the smell after a few days...

Travis Dane
02-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Think of the smell after a few days...

Think of govtcheez sitting in the same office, Think of a seriously
........ed off boss:p

OneStiffRod
02-13-2003, 12:58 PM
http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/pranks/

RoD
02-13-2003, 01:22 PM
put sand in his vasoline :D

Yawgmoth
02-13-2003, 02:25 PM
It's in the movie Grumpy Old Men.

That movie actually exists? I thought it was just an urban legend.

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Yawgmoth
That movie actually exists? I thought it was just an urban legend. That's a new one (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0107050)

Wiser
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Murder him, and burn all his belongings. That should show that god-damn no good, useless, $$$$-eating, homo-erotic Bobulionicus...

Panopticon
02-14-2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Wiser
Murder him, and burn all his belongings. That should show that god-damn no good, useless, $$$$-eating, homo-erotic Bobulionicus...
..... no comment

As for the rest of them, don't you think your pranks are a little unfriendly? I mean, switching speed dial nums, what if in an emergency.... putting sand in his vaseline... fish under the desk... Pranks that require degrading / destroying his property WILL result in either a more sinister / destructive prank on you, OR worse, you'll end up with another enemy in life.

RoD
02-14-2003, 05:50 AM
>>putting sand in his vaseline

i saw that in a perverted flick once....i love that haha...

Govtcheez
02-14-2003, 07:17 AM
> Pranks that require degrading / destroying his property WILL result in either a more sinister / destructive prank on you

That's kinda the point. I half created this thread for real ideas, and half for funny ones. It's not like I'm actually going to kill him or anything...

jessie23
02-14-2003, 09:40 AM
all right. by a can of regular shaving cream and put it in the freezer so if freezes solid. then get it to the office of what ever frozen, cut of the bottom and leave it in a drawer of something. when it defrosts you will have shaving cream all over:D

jdinger
02-14-2003, 09:56 AM
If you guys use MS Word go to "Tools" then to "AutoCorrect". Add a new one that will replace a common word like "the" with something like "sucks" or "I'm an idiot". Then when he's typing a memo, etc. up every time he types the word "the" it'll be replaced with your new replacement and he won't have a clue why (and if he types without looking at the screen he won't even realize it happenned until he proofreads it (if he does!)).

Govtcheez
02-14-2003, 09:59 AM
That one's great - I'm definitely going to use that.

Waldo2k2
02-14-2003, 08:55 PM
If the pc has speakers, change the startup wav to "Hello {name}"...put it in some cool 2001 space odyssey style voice or something...that'll freak him out.

Or better yet create a program that comes up on startup with a dialog box thats says:
"Ha Ha Ha, you have caught the Noromami virus! Have a nice day!"
When the user closes the dialog, have it restart the computer (i know that sysinternals has code for that in nt based windows). Note what noromami is backwards :)

RoD
02-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by jessie23
all right. by a can of regular shaving cream and put it in the freezer so if freezes solid. then get it to the office of what ever frozen, cut of the bottom and leave it in a drawer of something. when it defrosts you will have shaving cream all over:D

That won't work. The freezer won't get it cold enough to last long enough, and u don't want it going off on you. In order to do this right you should use dry ice or liquid nitrogen, dry ice works best.

OneStiffRod
02-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Install Bearshare on his system now that will really get him...

... I uninstalled Bearshare a full 5 mins after I installed it, get it and you'll know why.

RoD
02-14-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by OneStiffRod
Install Bearshare on his system now that will really get him...

... I uninstalled Bearshare a full 5 mins after I installed it, get it and you'll know why.

I've used it, whats so bad about it??

Hammer
02-15-2003, 03:41 AM
Tape some party poppers to the inside of his draw, then when he opens it, they go bang.

RoD
02-15-2003, 09:30 AM
can't believe this wasn't mentioned, reverse his mouse buttons then put that proggie on there that makes the cursor flip u off.

Commander
02-15-2003, 07:11 PM
set a good looking naked girl as the wallpaper

OneStiffRod
02-15-2003, 07:43 PM
BearShare (http://download.bearshare.com/BSINSTALL.exe)

handle with care...

Commander
02-15-2003, 08:42 PM
i don;t get it, what's so bad about bearshare?? any explanations??

Travis Dane
02-15-2003, 08:44 PM
'Bout creating a .BAT file that creates 10 instances of the
command "ping 192.168.1.1 -t -l 65500", That'll ping the
network till it crumbles and begs for mercy!:p

deltabird
02-16-2003, 12:33 AM
How about turning down the brightness and contrast on his monitor all the way. It won't take him long to figure out, but it'd be cool for a little while.

RoD
02-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Commander
i don;t get it, what's so bad about bearshare?? any explanations??

i don't think he has one

Travis Dane
02-16-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by RoD
i don't think he has one

Maybe because it's loaded with spyware?

Fountain
02-16-2003, 03:31 PM
install bearshare, remove the 'extra' programs(save/weathercast), run Adaware-voila. Bearshare DOES work fine without them.

I cannot say the same about imesh-shudders-this one is PURE spyware.

I have got good apps/music very fast off of Bearshare.

Dont knock it.:)