PDA

View Full Version : a trait you can;t change...

Commander
02-10-2003, 04:35 PM
anyone know of a trait that a person can't change? i'm not talking about things like how tall they are or anything.......

PS. i;m trying to prove that not all characteristics can be changed even if the person wanted to change it them selves.

i've been trying to figure out a thing like that for the past 6 hours.........no luck....
any help?

[edit] you know, something like someone who bites their nails, they can stop doing it if they want to....but is there something that just can;t be helped, it will stay with the person through out their lives.

dP munky
02-10-2003, 04:40 PM
so no physical traits? like eyes, hair growth, stuff like that?? if so thats a good freaking question, i, like you, am puzzled

Waldo2k2
02-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Eyes,
people always give themselves away by the look in their eyes. You can hide it sometimes, but not always, it's one of those things you can never change. It's either genetically disposed or deeply rooted within the psyche...either way I'm pretty sure it's one of the things you're stuck with, mainly becuase most of it is involuntary.

dP munky
02-10-2003, 04:46 PM
yeah, and you cant really controll how they will deteriorate over your lifetime

Commander
02-10-2003, 04:52 PM
when i was thinking about it, i thought of the fact that when people "change" em selves, they are not really changing, they are just finding something else to do that would cover what they wanted to change so it wouldn;t show up, but it's still in there......but that;s not what i'm looking for, i'm looking for someting that is even impossible to cover up, it shows up nomatter what you do :( damn, this is harder then i thought

dP munky
02-10-2003, 04:55 PM
what about your voice? cant change it, and the only way to hide it would be not to talk

Waldo2k2
02-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Actually i think he's got it on that one, you can disguise it, or use a different voice, but your original voice is always there, always your own.....however it is possible through much screaming to devlop enough scar tissue to change your voice (ex: Angus Young of AC/DC)

Silvercord
02-10-2003, 05:19 PM
epidermis

Commander
02-10-2003, 08:22 PM
cmon guys..i really need help here, i just need ONE thing, one thing that no matter how hard you try, u can;t change....i know not everything(not physical including your voice:D) can be changed, i jusr need one proof, just ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

PJYelton
02-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Anything picked up by habit can be changed with enough hard work. Things that possibly can't be changed would be chemical imbalances, like someone who is always depressed or someone with short attention span. But if you want something non-physical that NOONE can change if they have it, then I think that is impossible.

dP munky
02-10-2003, 08:43 PM
that sounds about right to me, unless someone has some imbalance of some sort! he's right, i mean any habbit can be overcome so...?

RoD
02-10-2003, 08:49 PM
ok i am dead serious with this one, i don't care how much you think you change it, its ALWAYS the same:

How you handle love and relationships.

golfinguy4
02-10-2003, 08:58 PM
athleticism

As much as you practice, if you just aren't athletic, it will be aparent when you play.

Commander
02-10-2003, 09:21 PM
those two are good ones! although i don;t know too much about the athletism thingy, but i would have to agree with rod's point

and PJY, that's exactly what i'm trying to disprove:)

XSquared
02-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Silvercord
epidermis
Michael Jackson

Panopticon
02-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Sexual preference

02-11-2003, 08:15 AM
>a trait you can;t change...

once you start programming C++, you cant help spontaneously emitting semicolons at random...

RoD
02-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Panopticon
Sexual preference

nope, i know a guy, NOT ME, who used to date women like any other guy, now hes gay.

Govtcheez
02-11-2003, 09:31 AM
> nope, i know a guy, NOT ME, who used to date women like any other guy, now hes gay.

You don't have to hide it from us.

RoD
02-11-2003, 09:32 AM
me? i was talking about you!

Commander
02-11-2003, 08:54 PM
homer's immitation::Too much information!!!!!!!!!

Panopticon
02-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by RoD
me? i was talking about you!

lol haha

>>once you start programming C++, you cant help spontaneously emitting semicolons at random...

Could not agree more. Its absolute HELL in english when i have to HANDWRITE an essay. ugh. Basically where there should be a full stop, I semicolon. Gawd. :rolleyes:

-KEN-
02-12-2003, 02:44 PM
>>nope, i know a guy, NOT ME, who used to date women like any other guy, now hes gay.

Maybe he was in denial....maybe he was hiding it...maybe he's bisexual...

all I know is that he didn't just wake up one day and say "Gee, I feel like sausage...". It just doesn't work like that...

dP munky
02-12-2003, 02:47 PM
what about walking, i mean once you learn you never forget? i mean you can lose the ablility to walk but i mean, if you fall asleep for 10 years, you dont forget

minesweeper
02-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I think if you get amnesia you do in fact forget how to do stuff like walk and talk. Obviously depends on the severity but even second nature things can be 'forgotten'.

RoD
02-12-2003, 02:58 PM
u never forget how to urinate.

dP munky
02-12-2003, 03:01 PM
i think youre onto something here, natural instincts ya know, like survival, as soon as youre born you know that when youre hungry you gotta eat, when you do this it hurts, SURVIVAL thats something you never forget.

02-13-2003, 08:10 AM
>SURVIVAL thats something you never forget

what about people who commit suicide?

>u never forget how to urinate

but some people forget when to...

Govtcheez
02-13-2003, 08:14 AM
> u never forget how to urinate.

That's not a learned trait - it just happens. That's like saying you never forget how to keep your heart beating.