PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do..



vasanth
02-04-2003, 06:02 AM
Consider that you have around 20 days of hollidays.. HWat would you do from the above list...

nvoigt
02-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Working with Oracle all day. Working with different datastructures all day. Did enough ASM and Java to know it's not what I want. Actually, what I need is nothing of the above, just plain and simple 20 days off would be nice :mad:

Travis Dane
02-04-2003, 07:17 AM
I'd learn Assembly because i love to program on a low level.

Govtcheez
02-04-2003, 07:34 AM
I'd get away from my computer for 20 days.

Travis Dane
02-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
I'd get away from my computer for 20 days.

You're saying your job consists of working with computers?

Govtcheez
02-04-2003, 07:51 AM
Yup.

adrianxw
02-04-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm with nv and cheez, man, I'd just like to get away from the things.

If you feel you really must do something AND you don't know any other db, then I'd go for Oracle, at least in general terms. A bit of DB knowledge is a useful thing.

Travis Dane
02-04-2003, 12:07 PM
I would do something with programming because normally
i'm a not that excessive programmer. It's not like im programming
all day normally.

ober
02-04-2003, 12:43 PM
I voted Oracle... do you have any idea how many people are looking for Oracle programmers??

But I must say that getting away from your computer is a nice option... maybe pick up a book on one of the above if you intend on learning something...

Zewu
02-04-2003, 03:29 PM
Admit that you CAN learn all those things. It's just a matter of self discipline!

Travis Dane
02-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Zewu
Admit that you CAN learn all those things. It's just a matter of self discipline!

Matters on how you define learned something, That you just
know statements and phrases, Or that you can effectively
apply your knowledge in situations.

Panopticon
02-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
I'd learn Assembly because i love to program on a low level.

Anyone else gonna take that literally? :p

As for me, Binary trees sound a tad too advanced. But hey, Im just a kid, Ill be happy with Java. :)

OneStiffRod
02-04-2003, 11:50 PM
If u wanna learn assembly, how about this...

http://www.eskimo.com/~htak/win32asm/index.html

vasanth
02-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Thanx for the advice guys.. I decided on data structures.. going through a book and planning to implement a B Tree today... and a B+ tree later..

Sebastiani
02-05-2003, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by nvoigt
Working with Oracle all day. Working with different datastructures all day. Did enough ASM and Java to know it's not what I want. Actually, what I need is nothing of the above, just plain and simple 20 days off would be nice :mad:

:D

Travis Dane
02-05-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by OneStiffRod
If u wanna learn assembly, how about this...

http://www.eskimo.com/~htak/win32asm/index.html

Actually i ment even lower, On 16 Bit Assmebly, Because I
sometimes feel i'm programming psuedo code and windows
translates it for me to a program. At least that impression i have.

Yeah, I know, I'm nuts don't bother:p