PDA

View Full Version : High IQ Society,,

vasanth
02-03-2003, 03:57 AM
I was seeing many crappy IQ tests where i could score 130 - 134.. But they seemed some what easy.. here is a tuff one .. i got 126 (got a member ship :D:D:D )... Try it and post your scores.. and the screen shot for proof:D:D:D:D:D.. here's mine..

the link for test
http://www.highiqsociety.org/common/iqtests/ultimate.htm

vasanth
02-03-2003, 03:58 AM
They even have tests to test IQ above 140.. like 180(for universal genius) etc.. That was very tuff.. looks like i dont have that kind of IQ..

Shadow
02-03-2003, 04:01 AM
A screen shot thread. AH! This won't last long.

vasanth
02-03-2003, 04:14 AM
Ok.. people.. if you can please upload the images somewhere else and post the link...

Panopticon
02-03-2003, 04:52 AM
I did that test once. Dont have any proof though. Oh wells. They always overestimate my abilities anyways. :D

Panopticon
02-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Almost forgot to mention
that place is rigged. To gain membership you have to be smart AND pay a wad of cash. thats crap.

If there was a true society for mentally competent people, it would be on the basis of ability, a meritocracy, and not require anything else; Im not sure about this but Mensa (another IQ society, worlds largest) fits the description I gave above... unless you gotta pay after the test. lol.

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 07:25 AM
As i said before, IQ test are unreliable, You may score 140 but
still can't even learn the ABC.

ammar
02-03-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
As i said before, IQ test are unreliable, You may score 140 but
still can't even learn the ABC.

I agree with that!
Although sometimes smart people get high IQ scores, but sometimes they don't even if they are smart.

BTW: I think that the website is stupid!

jessie23
02-03-2003, 09:02 AM
i got a 126 but i guessed on all of the shape questions because i didnt feel like thinking about them right now. i was in the gifted program at my school which has an IQ test entrance exam, although the programs teacher often told us how inaccurate IQ tests are.

GanglyLamb
02-03-2003, 09:08 AM
IQ is a circle so very smart ppl are nothing with that test because they would come out looking like a fool.so someone with an IQ of 50 can actually have an IQ that is way above this one.

Autistic children for instance are sometimes so smart that theyre brain mallfunctions. Its hard to understand but its the truth.
conclusion: IQ test ar in a way irrelevant

Govtcheez
02-03-2003, 09:11 AM
> Autistic children for instance are sometimes so smart that theyre brain mallfunctions. Its hard to understand but its the truth.

WTF? Where'd you hear that? The truth is that we currently know very little about autism.

GanglyLamb
02-03-2003, 09:25 AM
k dont start to laugh but i know persons who are autistic and they cant speak and behave in strange ways. The smallest change to the environment can be in their eyes fatal.

there are even autistic ppl who wrote books about there selves about there kind of autisticnisme..

if you dont believe me dont its like that and sad but true i know 2 ppl who are autistic and they function fine untill theres a slight change of evryday pattern.

deathstryke
02-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Got a 138 without any effort. would have been higher if I had tried. I would do even better if I could learn to bring order to the inner chaos in my mind. I tend to have to just let things bounce around without really knowing where they are going.

valar_king
02-03-2003, 10:16 AM
I got like 105 cause I guessed on alot of the shape type ones. I don't have time for that ...........

Govtcheez
02-03-2003, 10:20 AM
> I don't have time for that ...........

> i didnt feel like thinking about them right now.

They should make a patience test and just put on stupid questions and base your score on how long you spent answerng them.

deathstryke
02-03-2003, 10:43 AM
They should make a patience test and just put on stupid questions and base your score on how long you spent answerng them.
They call it the ASVAB, the armed services vocational aptitude battery. They give you an hour to do six or seven easy science questions. Then 2 nimutes to do 90 single digit math operations (filling in the circle completely). then back to too much time and so on.

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by GanglyLamb
i know persons who are autistic and they cant speak and behave in strange ways. The smallest change to the environment can be in their eyes fatal.

That's sad really.

One thing i'm convinced of is that a balance exists in every
human body, either he's smart and has a terrible social life
or vice versa. Being dumb is usually compensated with something
else and vice versa.

Govtcheez
02-03-2003, 10:59 AM
How do you explain smart people with good social skills?

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
How do you explain smart people with good social skills?

Social skills and intelligents aren't the only things, How about
someone's physical condition? His looks?

Govtcheez
02-03-2003, 11:05 AM
> Social skills and intelligents aren't the only things, How about someone's physical condition? His looks?

Sure, fine - I know several people that have good social skills, are really intelligent, are in good shape, and good looking.

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 11:08 AM
Sure, fine - I know several people that have good social skills, are really intelligent, are in good shape, and good looking.

Those where just examples, There are many other things to take
into account, Like diseases, Bad eye sight, Bad sleeper etc.

Nobody's perfect - Travis Dane

vasanth
02-03-2003, 11:23 AM
WOW so much for an IQ test.. I agree that it is not acurate.. but some of my friends where so dumb that they could not even answer the most simple questions there.(like the next number in the series etc)... And how do you expect them to be a programmers....(they are studying computer science with me)..:D

So i should say that people who can solve most of the questions can think logically and may be program well....

PS:- In the 126 i got I lost most of my score in the english language since it is not a language i was brought up with but thought at school..

And any way the image stuff was tuff..

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by vasanth
the english language since it is not a language i was brought up with but thought at school..

You're supposed to learn in school not think!:D :D
You can't judge a person by one question he couldnt come up
with.

vasanth
02-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Travis Dane
You're supposed to learn in school not think!:D :D
You can't judge a person by one question he couldnt come up
with.

well learn in school.. i agree.. But you guys talk English from the time you were born.. You communicate and converse with english.. But we do that with our native language.. And English is learn in school rather than learn during childhood.. For example in primary schools here it is commom to say "Who is this pencil" if some one finds a lost pencil on the class rooms floor...

And i agree that you cannot judge a person by the one question he coul not answer.. but dont tell me he cant answer something like

1,1,2,3,5,8 __

or even some thing like...
If A is taller than B and C is shorter than A.... Who is taller among B and C..

So do you think thes guys can be programmers or for that matter humans who can think logically..(in a way i feel sorry for them..) I had class mates who used to by-heart the number of lines in the program.. They come out of the exam and say

He:- "hey man! How many line was the 2nd program"
I say :- "I think it came around 40 lines "
He:- "Laughs out loud.. You are wrong man.. The program the teacher gave in class was 48 lines"

So what do you say.. Does this mean that this guy is super intelegent and he just could not answer a few questions...

minesweeper
02-03-2003, 12:00 PM
How about cprog.com open up a brass band? Then all the 'I post my IQ score on the internet so everyone can marvel at my superior intellect' people can blow their trumpets till their heart's content.

deathstryke
02-03-2003, 02:44 PM
How about cprog.com open up a brass band? Then all the 'I post my IQ score on the internet so everyone can marvel at my superior intellect' people can blow their trumpets till their heart's content.
But what about the drummers???

Govtcheez
02-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I can recommend a few people to be the drums - I think we'd have to have a contest to see who actually gets to hit them with sticks.

deathstryke
02-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Can I use a sledgehammer instead of sticks? I can pound out a pretty good rhythm with one...

FearOfTheDark
02-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Ok, the imageproof! :-)
Really hard to manipulate, don't you think?

Travis Dane
02-03-2003, 04:40 PM
My 'on-topic' meter just dropped through the floor! What
happened?

Panopticon
02-03-2003, 10:19 PM

Careful! they may be gay.... :D jk

Frankly, I disagree about Travis' theory of 'balance'
Mental competence is a direct result of genetic make-up. It is independant of other aspects a person may have. (Level of education is not an indicator of intelligence, nor are their personality) I guess it comes down to a dice roll when it comes to things like looks and smarts.

And as far as I know about autism, there have been cases where autistic children are indeed very... (well you can't call it smart until you properly define it) logical in that they just look at something like a cipher and see the pattern right away. Like in that movie, Mercury Rising I think it was called :)

Shadow
02-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by FearOfTheDark
Ok, the imageproof! :-)
Really hard to manipulate, don't you think? >
My 'on-topic' meter just dropped through the floor! What
happened?
<
If you were talking about Fear's above post, I suspect he was saying that people use photoshop to doctor the snapshots of their IQ scores..etc. But, the score itself is pointless anyways.

Anyhow, that's what I got out of Fear's post - if that's not how it was meant, then that was a very odd moment. :D

Travis Dane
02-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Panopticon
Mental competence is a direct result of genetic make-up. It is independant of other aspects a person may have. (Level of education is not an indicator of intelligence, nor are their personality) I guess it comes down to a dice roll when it comes to things like looks and smarts.

And as far as I know about autism, there have been cases where autistic children are indeed very... (well you can't call it smart until you properly define it) logical in that they just look at something like a cipher and see the pattern right away. Like in that movie, Mercury Rising I think it was called :)

Well, It might not go up for all people, But sure most of them.
At least for all the people i know. But hey I don't live in a mister
perfect human country.

-KEN-
02-05-2003, 03:04 PM
>>Sure, fine - I know several people that have good social skills, are really intelligent, are in good shape, and good looking.

Careful! they may be gay.... jk<<

Holy crap, cheez! They've figured out you were describing me!

Cshot
02-05-2003, 06:16 PM
> I don't have time for that ...........

> i didnt feel like thinking about them right now.

There's an IQ test out there (forgot which one) that bases your score on how many pages answer before you stop. It's an infinitely long test. The longer you go, the lower your IQ :)

Govtcheez
02-05-2003, 06:38 PM
I think it was on thespark.

Panopticon
02-05-2003, 11:52 PM
So in theory, if I do not do that test, I would be infinitely intelligent? (having spent 0 time on the test, and the reciprocal of 0...) :p

Sebastiani
02-06-2003, 01:20 AM
I scored in the 140's. That makes me a genius! Ha! My view is it's mostly hogwash though, people shouldn't be measured in those terms. Personal accounts are much more convincing and precise than an arbirary questionaire that may pander to only 20% of the intelligent people ever interviewed. Besides that, some of the most intelligent people are simple and smart but not a bit 'book-learned'. Their wisdom and intelligence grew out of their direct contact with nature and the survival skills earned in hard times. What's more intelligent? A genuis that lives in absolute squalor - or a poor, unlearned man that saves every red cent and build his life with his own two hands, due to an undeniable intelligence on his part? In my view, intelligence is not measured by mere abstraction then. But whatever, no I didn't make Mensa and I'm not bitter about it either...:D

dynamic_cast
02-07-2003, 03:28 PM
I think travis has a point in a lot of cases...of course not all..but a lot. Kids who can get into the social scene, even if they are pretty smart, tend to be social instead of learning. The kid who doesnt drink every night and chill with friends sits at home and programs or something. It's not anything like a rule...but I bet there is a trend you can find there. There are def kids who do it all though...lucky people.

Everyone always seems to laugh at those iq tests because they get 140 or 150 and are like...yeah right. I don't think they are accurate to ####...but come on...the average person is like 100-120 or something. The average person is dumb as ####. The people here...people who are at a programming board of there own free will are def above average...so anyone here with prob at least break 120. Mabye.

Or im full of ####.