PDA

View Full Version : Woot!



Krak
01-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Woot! Tomorrow, I'm turning 16, and getting my permit and ID. I dont have to wait 6 months to get my liscense either, since I'm already 16. On top of all that joy, I learned a bunch more C++, including how to make a word processor (http://www.krakgames.tk) . Go to the site, and you'll find it under "Games".

.exe
01-29-2003, 03:53 PM
WOOT congrats!

My B-day is tomorw and well....I have a bunch of work due!;)

GanglyLamb
01-29-2003, 04:46 PM
i checked the word processor it kept asking for a passsword when i hit enter....

dont think this has something to do with but im using win 98 2E
anyhow wuts the purpose of tha word processor (like are there any commands like print_each_word_on_one_paper and then the printer starts to print each word seperately :d

Travis Dane
01-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Hehe 'KrakGames' , sounds neat.

Those popups are a little bit anoying though on your word
proccesor.

Krak
01-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GanglyLamb
i checked the word processor it kept asking for a passsword when i hit enter....

dont think this has something to do with but im using win 98 2E
anyhow wuts the purpose of tha word processor (like are there any commands like print_each_word_on_one_paper and then the printer starts to print each word seperately :d

One other person had that problem too, but most of the people who tried it(including me) said it worked fine. Since this's my first attempt at making a word processor, it's not that great.

BMJ
01-29-2003, 06:16 PM
Krak Games? Oooh, you mean Counter-Strike :D

-KEN-
01-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Wow...what a word processor...:p

What an annoying thing, though (the password) - why would you want to password-protect anything in there? And you can't open a file...and what if you want to type the line "My name is KEN*"?

abrege
01-29-2003, 06:43 PM
The message boxes on your word processor were quite annoying :( And like KEN said, I don't think there is a use for passwords, and you can't open files!

Krak
01-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by abrege
The message boxes on your word processor were quite annoying :( And like KEN said, I don't think there is a use for passwords, and you can't open files!

Ugh! Well, it works for me. I'll change it, K?

-KEN-
01-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Why on Earth did you write it like that anyway, though?

Anyhow, you're not going to really need to fix this...I can't imagine any case where you'd distribute this application. :confused: Nobody wants to write up documents in a plain-text format in a DOS console window. Notepad owns your word processor :) (I think it's technically considered a text editor...not even that since you can't "edit" anything :))

Krak
01-29-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
Why on Earth did you write it like that anyway, though?

Anyhow, you're not going to really need to fix this...I can't imagine any case where you'd distribute this application. :confused: Nobody wants to write up documents in a plain-text format in a DOS console window. Notepad owns your word processor :) (I think it's technically considered a text editor...not even that since you can't "edit" anything :))

Hey, hey! C'mon, man. This is my first try at this....EVER.

Anyway, I made it a bit less annoying.:p

TechWins
01-29-2003, 11:25 PM
Ken, do you have ever anything positive to say? Give the guy a break, geeze.

:)

ripper079
01-30-2003, 04:13 AM
Donīt listen them (the negative comments) Krak. For a first project ever itīs totaly okey(reminds my of a word processor in *unix). Donīt let anybody put you down (and you others)!!!

Maybe you should ask them what their first project was??? Hello World?

Travis Dane
01-30-2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by ripper079
Maybe you should ask them what their first project was??? Hello World?

Like HELLO??? Do you think Hello World is a bad program???
DO YOU??? DO YOU?!?!?!?

[/fooling around mode]

Nah, It's a nice first program Krak.

Vber
01-30-2003, 09:36 AM
I can't download your word-processor, maybe it's down just now?
check the link dude :)

Travis Dane
01-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Vber
I can't download your word-processor, maybe it's down just now?
check the link dude :)

The link will redirect you so don't download the link's target.

-KEN-
01-30-2003, 12:00 PM
People hate constructive criticism..."That messagebox is annoying..." "NO IT'S NOT!! NOT TO ME!!! DON'T LET HIS TRYING TO HELP YOU GET IN YOUR WAY OF WORDPROCESSING GREATNESS!!!"


:rolleyes:

PJYelton
01-30-2003, 12:13 PM
Just my two cents: Theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism. BUT I don't see how statements that amount to "Why would anyone ever want to use your product" and "Notepad owns your word processor" could be construed as constructive.

Brian
01-30-2003, 12:17 PM
I now use that word processor for all my work, including presentations, cards for my parents (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33424) , all my programming work, and anything else you can think of. Thanks, Travis.

Krak
01-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Is it THAT bad, that everyone thinks it's my FIRST program?

It's not. THIS was the source code for my first program:


#include <iostream.h>

int main()
{
cout << "5";
return 0;
}


I'm probably not as bad as everyone thinks I am, but I'm not really good either. Oh well.

abrege
01-30-2003, 06:30 PM
ACK THAT NEEDS FIXING



#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << '5';
return 0;
}

Travis Dane
01-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by abrege
ACK THAT NEEDS FIXING



#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << '5';
return 0;
}


If you're compiler is old krak's code would suffice.

Krak
01-30-2003, 06:53 PM
MSVC++ 6.0 is old? Who knew?:p

Travis Dane
01-31-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Krak
MSVC++ 6.0 is old? Who knew?:p

Oh... No, You'lle need to change it then or it would
complain about you using an old iostream version.

[edit]

Actually MSVC++ 6.0 is quite old, about 5 years old i guess.

face_master
01-31-2003, 06:37 AM
I use the latter version whenever compiling with GCC cause it wont shut up about it. Dumb compiler keeps *****ing @ me.