PDA

View Full Version : Another bad Super Bowl :p

PJYelton
01-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Blech, another drab and boring Super Bowl. I'm happy the Bucs won but I would have preferred the Raiders had won if it meant an interesting and exciting game.

Ah well, at least some of the ads were funny, my favorites were the one where the guy puts his dog on his head as a toupee to enter a bar and the one where the office hires the football player to increase productivity. Those were great! :D

ober
01-27-2003, 09:59 AM
I just wish it had been closer... that's all.

Polymorphic OOP
01-27-2003, 10:02 AM
...the super bowl was yesterday!?

civix
01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
I turned it off after the first quarter.

RoD
01-27-2003, 12:58 PM
>>I would have preferred the Raiders had won

I was voting eagles, myself. Being as they are the best team in the NFL(excluding mcbadd).

It was a awsome superbowl, a record was set for most INT in a SB lol, Gannon should have got the MVP cuz he might as well have ran the ball in the endzone for them!

The raiders were outcoached and outplayed.

Congrats TB

Cheeze-It
01-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Screw the Super Bowl. Did anybody watch Alias after? Really,
really, rad episode.... Probably one of the best. (I wasn't too fond
of the whole Francie-thing. That tilted a little towards "lame". But
other than that, fan-freakin'-spec-tastic-ular!)..

RoD
01-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by ethic
Screw the Super Bowl. Did anybody watch Alias after? Really,
really, rad episode.... Probably one of the best. (I wasn't too fond
of the whole Francie-thing. That tilted a little towards "lame". But
other than that, fan-freakin'-spec-tastic-ular!)..

that lead actor is so totally freaking hot....like omg...

speaking off hot an SB, how bout shania twain! YUMMMMMM

the Wookie
01-27-2003, 04:30 PM
there was rumor that metallica might be playing at the SB half time..well that didn't happen

you tell ST was lip syncing. and gwen stefani sucked. they all need some metal.

alpha
01-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I too wished the game would have been closer. Oakland offense didn't wake up until 4th quarter, Oakland defense never woke up. It was as if they didn't know they were playing the superbowl, they looked drained. It was a disappointing game.

The raiders were outcoached and outplayed.

I'm sure it helped that Gruden just left the raiders last year, and since Callahan was the former Offensive Coordinator... Gruden had an advantage...

RoD
01-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by the Wookie
there was rumor that metallica might be playing at the SB half time..well that didn't happen

you tell ST was lip syncing. and gwen stefani sucked. they all need some metal.

She was singing, i also thought so but when she was walking around you could hear her voice changing and such.

And yes, no doubt always sucks.

Govtcheez
01-27-2003, 05:57 PM
Of course, the most important event in football came about 24 hours after the Super Bowl... The Lions finally canned Morningwheg! WOOOOOO!!!!

RoD
01-27-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Of course, the most important event in football came about 24 hours after the Super Bowl... The Lions finally canned Morningwheg! WOOOOOO!!!!

you remind me of the guy in the commercial during football games. Hes driving his car talking bout the bad breaks the lions have had and gets madder and madder, than you realize, the lions suck!

*ZING*

Govtcheez
01-27-2003, 06:04 PM
That's the whole point of the commercial, you dork.... Also notice the guy talking about the Red Sox...

MethodMan
01-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Who watched the superbowl for the football?

The only part I watched was Shania Twain. I dont care if she didnt sing. I heard they record it prior to the game because the noise in the stadium makes it diffictult to sing.

Shania is so hot!

PJYelton
01-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Am I the only person who thought the song choice was odd?

I mean, singing "Feel like a woman" and "I'm just a girl" for a pro football game??

Dissata
01-27-2003, 07:48 PM
there wasn't any competition, gruden(sp?) knew the raiders like the back of his hand. the reason why gannon threw so many INT, was because gruden knew Every one of Gannons tendencdys and every raiders play.

alpha
01-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dissata
there wasn't any competition, gruden(sp?) knew the raiders like the back of his hand. the reason why gannon threw so many INT, was because gruden knew Every one of Gannons tendencdys and every raiders play.

exactly. the playbook isn't really going to change much, considering gruden just left. and callahan was an insider that became head coach.

RoD
01-28-2003, 05:29 AM
>>Shania is so hot!

All i can say is.....YUM!

jessie23
01-28-2003, 08:05 AM
yes this superbowl did kind of suck. it wasn't very exciting and it was sort of obvious the bucs were going to win shortly into the game. i watched alias afterward too, after sitting through the horride tourture of the post-game. jennifer garner is hot!

ober
01-28-2003, 08:26 AM
hmm... i thought you were a girl ;)

and if you still are... that makes that post a hell of a lot more interesting :D

jessie23
01-28-2003, 08:28 AM
sorry to bring your hopes down but i am most definitly not a girl. although people tend to think this alot when im online.

RoD
01-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ober5861
hmm... i thought you were a girl ;)

and if you still are... that makes that post a hell of a lot more interesting :D

lmao...preach it bro lol

Travis Dane
01-28-2003, 03:27 PM
Superbowl? hm, it was kinda boring, not half as fun as OUR
football.

RoD
01-28-2003, 04:13 PM
it was awsome, who cares bout the game shania is like a 10 in the yum-o-meter

Travis Dane
01-28-2003, 04:19 PM
It seems to be over so quick, i dont really understand **** of it.
They run in each other and yank the ball in a direction and thats it?

civix
01-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by RoD
it was awsome, who cares bout the game shania is like a 10 in the yum-o-meter
11.5/10.0
Song choice should have been "Im Gonna Getcha" (she looks soo hot in that video....DAMN!)

RoD
01-29-2003, 05:33 AM
i love that video, hence my siggy.

I thought she would do that song but....even after having a kid shes so YUMM.