PDA

View Full Version : How do i choose..

vasanth
01-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Now my college has tiedup with 2 uni... ABroad. One Teesside University, MiddlesBrough, UK and the other is West Virginia University, US.. Foe BS computer's degree... Which one is better and why.. Which one would you prefer if you were given a chance to do so..

Thanx for your advice in advance...

face_master
01-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Id go with the one in the US purely becuase its in the US. Id say that there would be more oppurtunity there than in the UK. But then again, what do I know? Not very much...

Travis Dane
01-27-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by face_master
what do I know? Not very much...

yramd ourte dsert acfmast dbmoy
^ this text just hit a brick wall

I think you do have more changes in the US than in the UK.

adrianxw
01-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Whilst working in the UK, I used to recruit trainees who were taking their third year, "their industrial placement year". I would always have a few from Teeside, they have a good curriculum and prepare their students well. Several of these trainees, after finishing their degrees were employed by my firm.

Unless things have changed drastically in the years since I left the UK, (say the last 6-7 years), I can say that Teeside would, in no way be a bad choice.

>>> Which one would you prefer if you were given a chance to do so..

I would choose Teeside, I'll PM you as to my main reason why.

RoD
01-27-2003, 12:51 PM
i would agree with face, oddly.

Fountain
01-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by RoD
i would agree with face, oddly.

Well, strangeley enough I wouldnt.

Get to the UK.

Oh and you have never lived until you have lived in the N East.

Middlesbrough and Newcastle etc have a superb community etc.

No, I do not live there-me N West, but my missus is from Middlesbrough. And look on bright side, has to be better than US!

adrianxw
01-27-2003, 05:34 PM
>>> i would agree with face, oddly.

Can I quote you on that RoD?

RoD
01-27-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by adrianxw
>>> i would agree with face, oddly.

Can I quote you on that RoD?

*sigh* if you must.....

adrianxw
01-27-2003, 05:48 PM
>>> *sigh* if you must.....

Thank you. Filed for future embarasment.

ammar
01-28-2003, 04:27 AM
If I were you I would choose the US, there are more companies, university, tech. and everything...
Definitely the US.

minesweeper
01-28-2003, 04:37 AM
I would go wherever you think you will feel most comfortable. In many ways the US and the UK are very similar but then again, in many ways they are very different.

What Fountain said is definitely true in that the North of England, and in particular the North East is in general quite a friendly place to live, much more so than London (SE). I don't know how long you will be studying abroad but I would make your consideration based largely on how comfortable you think you will be. Regardless of how good the education is in either place, if you choose somewhere and don't end up liking the area or the lifestyle it could have a very detrimental effect on your education.

vasanth
01-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Thanx for all your reply's.. I think will be abroad for say 5 years minimum.. I would like to do my masters... and yes i am looking foward for the 3rd year placement..

But how are the two univ's when compared to each other...

adrianxw
01-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Going to be difficult to say really. I doubt there is anyone around here that has personal experience of both.