PDA

View Full Version : cp.com, shouldn't it have a new board?

compjinx
01-09-2003, 03:04 AM
In the OS specific section shouldn't there be a "Other" catagory, for those who are asking OS specific questions that are unrelated to Win,Mac,Linux?

Just wondering...

PS. what software do I need to make programs for the palmOS using C++?

Fordy
01-09-2003, 03:11 AM
The linux board is quiet anyway...and the introduction of a new board like that is hardly likely to bring an influx of BEOS programmers

compjinx
01-09-2003, 03:33 AM
Then where shalt I posteth my question! ;)

compjinx
01-09-2003, 03:36 AM
besides, the creation of new boards is to help catagorize posts for easy hand browsing of a specific topic. Although I imagine it adds to the moderators' headache when they have to continually scan a new board, along with the others.

Fordy
01-09-2003, 03:38 AM
If its C++, then try the C++ board...it has the highest activity, and if someone on this board programs palmOS, they will most likely see it there

zahid
01-09-2003, 04:03 AM
I guess what we have is already enough.
Having a

a. C Board
b. C++ Board
c. General Discussion Board

is simple and enough.

But we also have board on OS :
Windows Board: Most populer OS.
Linux Board: Another one OS which is by the programmer and for the programmer.

Govtcheez
01-09-2003, 08:25 AM
> PS. what software do I need to make programs for the palmOS using C++?

There're versions of Codewarrior for this, or you could use something that's actually on the palm - I think it was called PalmC or something...

tgm
01-09-2003, 10:19 PM
We use Codewarrior at my work but you can also use GCC using PRC-Tools (http://prc-tools.sourceforge.net/). Also might want to check out here: http://www.palmopensource.com
Then, you can download the SDKs/Emulators/Simulators from Palm or Sony (for the Clie); just sign up for the development program, which are free for both.

compjinx
01-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Sorry for bumping this, but thanks! :)

ammar
01-10-2003, 04:48 AM
I don't think we need to addd anything to this forum, we already have enough...
We have the general forum like the C and C++ to discuss general programming topic.
We have the OS specefic forums...
And we have the general discussion forums...
And that's enough