PDA

View Full Version : Programmer Juice!

RoD
01-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Don't know if this ones been done but it came to mind, so what beverage(s) do you perfer to consume while programming? And what do you typically eat? Is there a specific reason?

I find myself consuming entirely too much Mountain Dew and dorrito-made nacho's....and taco bell. I'm a taco bell and nacho addict, and mountain dew keeps my caffine levels up as well as tasting very good.

ammar
01-08-2003, 05:48 AM
I don't like to eat while I'm programming, but I do drink water! I think it's the best thing you can drink while programming...

RoD
01-08-2003, 05:52 AM
I have to eat actually, if the projects a long or challenging one, because it gives me breif moments to think about something else. That and if i don't have food or drink or something i lose concentration. I'm not a fat pig or anything but its a habit for sure. Same thing with networking i have to have a can of MD...

shaik786
01-08-2003, 05:55 AM
I basically eat enything which will keep my mouth busy while programming. Eating includes fruits, french fries, bread, .... everything goes.
I drink a lot of coffee. Coffee rejuvenates me in my work.

nvoigt
01-08-2003, 06:38 AM
Coke and chocolate. Nothing remotely healthy will enter my mouth while programming :D

Waldo2k2
01-08-2003, 06:47 AM
dr. pepper is my drink of choice.

face_master
01-08-2003, 06:50 AM
I usually just drink coke, if anything. Im paranoid that i'll drop some food/drink onto my keyboard/other part so I dont tend to eat/drink around my computer.

minesweeper
01-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Cups of tea!! The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and so are my programs!!

01-08-2003, 08:09 AM
if im programming at all i will be at work, so i dont have much choice in food or drink. there is a water-cooler about 10 feet from my desk, but i only use it when im bored.

Govtcheez
01-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Water, Mountain Dew, Doctor Pepper, Coffee...

I drink those all, but my "food" of choice when programming is gum, specifically Big Red. I don't know why, but it doesn't feel right unless I have gum.

deathstryke
01-08-2003, 08:19 AM
I usually drink water, because I'm always thirsty. I can't really say that I eat while I program. I usually get up and walk to the kitchen when I get the munchies.

damonbrinkley
01-08-2003, 08:28 AM
My drink of choice is either Mountain Dew Code Red or a drink that's mostly in the North Carolina area called Cheerwine which is a cherry flavored soda.

PJYelton
01-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Code Red Mountain Dew, and lots of it! Oh, and about 5 Taco Bell runs per week... but thats a different story...

Polymorphic OOP
01-08-2003, 11:15 AM
I like Bawls

adrianxw
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
This thread discussed some beverages...

http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26280

... there was another one, but I can't find it at the moment.

Right now, I am sitting with a glass of cool Chilean Sunrise Sauvignon Blanc, 1999, beside me (for the computer games enthusiasts amongst us - that is white wine!).

Shiro
01-08-2003, 12:18 PM
In the morning I drink a lot of coffee and in the midday I drink a lot of tea. I don't eat during programming, but I do eat an apple or some other fruit regularly to take a break.

Cheeze-It
01-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Sobe: Nirvana. It's great... I'll also drink Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr.
Pepper. But Sobe -- that's where my heart is... :)

-KEN-
01-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Just about anything...I eat at my computer all the time. About every other day I have to shake out my keyboard :p

MethodMan
01-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I never eat or drink anything near the computer. If someone brings some food or a drink near my computer I freak.

Food/Drinks arent allowed in the labs either, I guess I just got used to it.

However, when I step away from the computer during programming its either Root Beer, Water or some OJ.

abrege
01-08-2003, 04:02 PM
red fusion and a couple of grilled steak tacos keep my gears turning

sean345
01-08-2003, 04:06 PM
I don't like to eat while I program, but I like to drink Mountain Dew.

alpha
01-08-2003, 04:10 PM
I either drink soda and water (which I actually have to start drinking more of again)...and chew gum, maybe eat whatever snack food, but I have to say, I haven't had a full meal while programming. I program mostly at school, so water and gum, but when I program at home, the above stated.

OneStiffRod
01-08-2003, 04:21 PM
SQEEZE-ITS are the best programming drinks, snapples come in 2nd. NOT the the TEA kind they are the worst.

LordVirusXXP
01-08-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by sean345
I don't like to eat while I program, but I like to drink Mountain Dew.

I'm the EXACT same way. I get a 2 liter of Mountain Dew, and I'm good to go.

MadHatter
01-08-2003, 06:21 PM
i usually have sugar water.. or sprite, if we have it.. if it's late at night, i'll have hot tea, and early morning i'll have coffee. i'll sometimes have snacks or something, but i generally eat away from the computer (usually just to get away from the computer :rolleyes: )

Captain Penguin
01-08-2003, 06:52 PM
Uhh well I'm really lazy and spend very little time programming... (I smoke way too much pot), but when I do it's usually water, or some random can of soda. Sobe is AWESOME too, but it's not something I have every day. (although I would if I could)

BMJ
01-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Polymorphic OOP
I like Bawls That's not programmer juice! Bawls is gamer juice!

RoD
01-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Man i didn't expect many replies! I'm suprised at how many people share my mountain dew and taco bell schedule! Its gotta be red mountain dew, i agree with that. As far as shaking out the keyboard, i hear that lol.

Aran
01-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Cheez-its are the best progging snack for me.

as far as drinks go... it's just whatever i'm hoooked on at the moment, be it coke, milk, water, or OJ.

joshdick
01-09-2003, 12:05 AM
I usually try to drink something that will keep me awake like cola or apple juice. I prefer Mountain Dew above all other sodas. There was a time recently when I tried drinking mainly water because it's supposed to be so good for the body, but that just didn't keep me awake.

I eat whatever's around; I'm not picky. Anything from Ramen Noodles to cookies to popcorn so long as it's not at all nutritious:D Ya know, it's weird—I thought programming would be the sort of thing that might make me gain weight. This summer, I worked really hard to lose weight; I mountain biked about every other day. Now, after coming home from school, I spend a very substantial amount of time in front of my computer; yet, I have experienced no substantial weight gain. Only a few pounds which is to be expected during the winter after the holidays—nothing I can't burn off come volleyball season. Have anyone else experienced similar or different results?

And, of course, no food or drinks in the programming lab at school:rolleyes:

joshdick
01-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Hmmmm, I just got an idea. Since so many of us programmers seem to really like Mountain Dew, I think it'd be great if it was marketed more to programmers. I'm imagining a commercial with tons of great programmers coding away while drinking Dew. Can anyone else see Prelude giving a testamonial for Mountain Dew? 'I know practically all there is to know about C and C++, and I drink Mountain Dew. If you hope to ever be as good as me at programming, you should Do the Dew, too.'

Ha, ha. I'd drink more with that ad. LOL
All in good fun, Prelude;)

Shadow
01-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Water, Ocen Spray/Welches/Sunny Delight/natural grap juice/natural apple cider/place fruit style drink here, pepsi over mountain dew, but either will do(not too much mountain dew though..)

and my favorites
Orange Crush & Faygo(same damn thing, cept, half the price)

TechWins
01-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Mountain Dew of course, and that's what I call it too, programmer's juice. It's so true, though, because whenever I want to program I usually do it really late at night, and I need the energy to help keep me up. Mmmm in fact I think I might go get a Mountain Dew right now...

Also, I drink Powerade and/or water sometimes while programming.

vasanth
01-09-2003, 09:23 AM
I usually have Tea and some times Cofee with lots of milk in them... and strong...

RoD
01-09-2003, 02:43 PM
OMG, they tore down our taco bell for remodeling!!! No TB for three weeks!!!!

*looks at mcdonalds bag*

well it'll have to do.....

PJYelton
01-09-2003, 02:54 PM
>>No TB for three weeks<<
Ack, thats like saying I can't breathe for 3 weeks! I remember when I went abroad for a month my girlfriend was ready to kill me because every day I moaned "I want Taco Bell..."

alpha
01-09-2003, 04:03 PM
lol...joshdick, i agree with you. i haven't really gained wait, and i'm usually at the comp. when i'm home. sad this is, i haven't lost weight either, and i need to.:(

TechWins
01-09-2003, 05:42 PM
I work at a REAL mexican food restaurant, and I get to eat the food all the time. haha:p

the Wookie
01-09-2003, 06:25 PM
mountain dew and winterfresh gum, and a large bag of lays potato chips :D

RoD
01-09-2003, 06:37 PM
I try to stay away from potato chips, even pringles, as they tend to be really salty/greasy and it gets all over the mouse and keyboard.

alpha
01-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Ride -or- Die
I try to stay away from potato chips, even pringles, as they tend to be really salty/greasy and it gets all over the mouse and keyboard.

I agree with that, that goes with any food that tends to be greasy.

RoD
01-09-2003, 07:36 PM
i'd like to intitiate my new treat: cheese fries!

Stoned_Coder
01-09-2003, 07:52 PM
coffee,cappachino,espresso,coke,red bull,intravenous caffeine.
snacks usually consist of those soggy cheese ploughmans ready made sandwiches from the garage.

unanimous
01-09-2003, 10:44 PM
It may sound weird but I am a big Diet Pepsi fan *everyone laughs* it is perfect for programming and feels great when I spill it on myself due to being too lazy to move it out of the wya when trying to do something.:D

itld
01-09-2003, 11:10 PM
howdy,
Perrier that s all i drink and i eat junk right now i have a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups and a bag of Starburst's usually i have York mints around here to but i ran out.

M.R.

RoD
01-10-2003, 05:20 PM
ummm...does anyone know how to get melted cheese off the back of a voodoo5.......it started sizzling so i changed it to my GF4.....this sucks!