PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Win If US and Canada were both Equal?

DarkViper
01-07-2003, 07:21 PM
say the Canadian army and the US army were equal is size (give or take a few
from either side) and we all know we both have basically the same technology.
but, considering past wars, and if you read my last thread in "what compiler you
use" where i explained a little about canadian history in defence to Ride - or - Die
s signature, please take your opinion. pretend you are part of.....an un-allied
country and your watching this battle for the spite of watching something
awsome go on. who would you root for (remember, your not part of canada or
US, and you dont have to say what you vote for, if your US and vote canadian
you dont have to say).

current stats, (real life)
Canadian Army = Little and broken down (lack of funding), the Navy Seals (<----
better trained than the green berrets, and more accurate when you put your
stats together)

US Army = Big, (due to high funding), the Green Berrets (weaker than Navy
Seals, but still very strong)

i have givin Canada a stronger army and the US a stronger sqaud (green berets)
so we are all equal here.

who do you think would win, if you were par4t of an un-allied country o either US
or canada.

remember, just like the Crime Stoppers commercvial, you dont have to give your
name or reveal what you voted for.

please think long and hard about this. im dead serious about this topic. this aint
for fun 9well it is) but please take it a little serious.

im not suggesting we attack eachother, as we are allies through and through. but
it just came as a thought to me, as an "what if" question to me. and as i know
alot of people come here, this is the place whered id get the best results. as not
everyone here is a USA resident, and a fair share are Canadian as well.

so please, vote wisely, as you only get one chance. you can go back.

NOTE: racist people, dont be racist for two minutes. make a fair judgment.

minesweeper
01-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Where and when would the battle be fought?

An army defending it's own land and people will fight 10 times harder than an army attacking someone else's people. And there is the question of terrain and territory. America had an enourmous military machine in Vietnam but got it's butt kicked cos it didn't know the territory or how to beat Guerilla warfare. Canadian winters are vicious, maybe their army is far better prepared for fighting in -25 degress C conditions. The Nazis tore through Russia during WW2 whilst the weather was good, but when winter came they froze to death cos they were inadequately prepared.

Loads of factors contribute to the outcome of a war not just size and technology.

kermi3
01-07-2003, 07:40 PM
The US would win, but not just because they/we are bigger in military size. This is more complicated. I haven't thought out all of the reasons, but here is one:

The US population is much more spread out than Canada's and the US has a more varried terrain. This would make it much easier for an army to center teh majority of the Canadian population thus forcing Canada's army to meet on bad terms.

OneStiffRod
01-07-2003, 08:01 PM
The US would win b/c (Canada's) FRENCH side has already surrendered!

minesweeper
01-07-2003, 08:06 PM
>>The US would win b/c their FRENCH side has already surrendered!<<

Eh? The US doesn't have a French side

salvelinus
01-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DarkViper
Canadian Army = Little and broken down (lack of funding), the Navy Seals (<----
better trained than the green berrets, and more accurate when you put your
stats together)

US Army = Big, (due to high funding), the Green Berrets (weaker than Navy
Seals, but still very strong)

i have givin Canada a stronger army and the US a stronger sqaud (green berets)
so we are all equal here.
What??
What kind of stupid question is this? Why am I answering it? I don't know. This is like my seven year old son asking me what would happen if cars had eight arms and could drive across water.

MethodMan
01-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by minesweeper

Eh? The US doesn't have a French side

I guess he edited it now, but now it says Canada.

This is a pretty lame question, but just like the Canadians won the war of 1812, we will win this one too, maybe...

I flipped a coin, Canada would win....

Even if we didnt beat them in a war, we beat them in hockey at the olympics, and the world juniors. Hey, we cant win everything now can we? Eh...

Aran
01-07-2003, 08:30 PM
If we both had equal armies, it'd be a draw.

duh.

that's like asking if Kasporov played himself in chess, who would win?

basically you are saying:
a = b.

which one is better?

And the US navy's elite troops are the S.E.A.L.s and the US Army's elite troops are the Green Berets (the airforce has Delta Force ... err.... Delta Squad. Something like that)

Commander
01-07-2003, 08:33 PM
canada will will win..:cool:

reason :
[1] cause i'll be fighting in that case.:D
[2] as DarkViper pointed out, nothing beats a navy seal.
[3] doesn't matter what terrain you are in, if you've survived the canadian artic terrain, you can survive anything...:rolleyes:

Klinerr1
01-07-2003, 10:06 PM
dude your all going down. as the great shadow12345 once said

'we should declare war on canada they havnt got they're asses kicked in a while'

this is clearly because your all a bunch of panzis afraid of war cause you know you will lose!

tho in this case canada might have an edge because we alreayd have **** with iraq and osama etc etc. therefore a lot fo money is going there plus we had some econmoy problems on sepetmeber 11th. but i dont think america would start any additional wars in these cirumstances.

Aran
01-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Klinerr1

this is clearly because your all a bunch of panzis afraid of war cause you know you will lose!

yeah, they are perfectly justified to not fight in a war. This indicates some type of intelligence... a type of intelligence that far surpasses your meager abilities to type on a computer and pretty much try and proove you are cool and fail with an occasional spelling mistake.

So don't make fun of Canadians.

TravisS
01-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Commander
[2] as DarkViper pointed out, nothing beats a navy seal.

problem is.... USA has navy seals too :p

zahid
01-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Who Would Win If US and Canada were both Equal?

Originally posted by Aran Elus
If we both had equal armies, it'd be a draw.

Not only army.

Basically you are saying:
a = b.

which one is better?

You should include few more differences or similarity where they are equal.
Winning in a war !! .. I think that will never be like Afganistan.

But we should consider the US air strick and last of all Nuclear power.

So.. going for USA. oopps here both are equal :)

damonbrinkley
01-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Could this be a more pointless topic??

What if questions are just plain retarded if you ask me. Who cares about what if.......it's what IS that really counts :)

DarkViper
01-07-2003, 11:51 PM
GUYS! yor not really taking thi seriously (most are, but some are just complete and utter jackasses, j/k)

ok, here we go again:

both faught on alien (foreign) terrain, like, lets say, Alaska, hows that? in the middle of nowhere.

just because both are equal, dont mean that edges dont count. US armies outnumber canadians, but canadians are tougher (its true, you ever seen a black canadian beat a US black citizen? our candadian one kicked his limy ass! it was so awsome to watch).

our armies are little but tough. we can withstand cold temperatores due to we are furthur north. so we adapt quicker. US armies...did i mention they outnumber us?

uhh, basically all the navy seals in the US are from canada. dont forget, we always back USAs ass all the time, with this war on Iraq, well go down with ya ;) well win, and itll all be good, but well be in there too, gaining just a little bit more for Canada, while bush only gains something for hisself. finish off what his father started.

heres a reason to hate George Bush, his winning campaign idea (and he was going to seriously stick to it) was to ban all violent video games (PC and all consoles) from entering the US!!!!
but shipments would still be able to come to canada.

canada ownz, and i back the canadian flag all the way!

SilentStrike
01-08-2003, 02:37 AM
I thought this thread was pretty retarded when I read the title, but after this gem, "both faught on alien (foreign) terrain, like, lets say, Alaska, hows that? in the middle of nowhere.", you removed all doubts :).

minesweeper
01-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Does it have to be all out war?

I mean couldn't we just have a boxing match between Barabara Streisand and Celine Dion? Then the whole world would benefit :)

ammar
01-08-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by minesweeper
Does it have to be all out war?

I mean couldn't we just have a boxing match between Barabara Streisand and Celine Dion? Then the whole world would benefit :)

LOL...

I think that when you say that they are equal you cann't tell who is going to win, because when you are assuming a situation you should give specefic details, in order to make a judgment...

But anyways, I think when it comes to was it is the US who is going to win, ofcourse unless Commander, is fighting!

RoD
01-08-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by MethodMan

I flipped a coin, Canada would win....

LOL...

didn't you guys watch the southpark movie? :P

damonbrinkley
01-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by SilentStrike
I thought this thread was pretty retarded when I read the title, but after this gem, "both faught on alien (foreign) terrain, like, lets say, Alaska, hows that? in the middle of nowhere.", you removed all doubts :).

And if Alaska isn't foreign enough for both countries then maybe we can fight it out on other foreign soil.....like.....Hawaii.

damonbrinkley
01-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DarkViper
GUYS! yor not really taking thi seriously (most are, but some are just complete and utter jackasses, j/k)

ok, here we go again:

both faught on alien (foreign) terrain, like, lets say, Alaska, hows that? in the middle of nowhere.

just because both are equal, dont mean that edges dont count. US armies outnumber canadians, but canadians are tougher (its true, you ever seen a black canadian beat a US black citizen? our candadian one kicked his limy ass! it was so awsome to watch).

our armies are little but tough. we can withstand cold temperatores due to we are furthur north. so we adapt quicker. US armies...did i mention they outnumber us?

Ever heard of troops being trained for certain weather and terrain? It's done in all branches of the US military so I doubt you'll have that much of an advantage in this 'what if' situation.

uhh, basically all the navy seals in the US are from canada. dont forget, we always back USAs ass all the time, with this war on Iraq, well go down with ya ;) well win, and itll all be good, but well be in there too, gaining just a little bit more for Canada, while bush only gains something for hisself. finish off what his father started.

Yeah, I'm sure every navy seal is from Canada.....

So Bush only does things for himself? Sure...

heres a reason to hate George Bush, his winning campaign idea (and he was going to seriously stick to it) was to ban all violent video games (PC and all consoles) from entering the US!!!!
but shipments would still be able to come to canada.
That's one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard, basing his whole campaign over video games....yeah right!

canada ownz, and i back the canadian flag all the way!

you misspelled owns....

Govtcheez
01-08-2003, 07:27 AM
> This is like my seven year old son asking me what would happen if cars had eight arms and could drive across water.

lmao! Well, what would happen?

I nominate this thread for "dumbest question of 2003". It's a week in and we've already got a front-runner!

Seriously, what would happen if Canada and the US had the same technology, same army size, same everything? A stalemate, jackass - we'd all have the same things. If you really want, we'd blow up the 3-4 cities that are worth anything and you'd lose.

> its true, you ever seen a black canadian beat a US black citizen? our candadian one kicked his limy ass! it was so awsome to watch

Again, are you high? Tell me you're high. Limey? WTF? You sure the guy wasn't British?

> just like the Canadians won the war of 1812

Oh, I understand now. "If the Canadians and US has equal armies, technology, strategists, and a time machine to take us 200 years into the past, who would win?"

ober
01-08-2003, 07:31 AM
where do you people come from and why must we be dragged through this torture??

jessie23
01-08-2003, 08:16 AM
this is the most ridiculous thread i have seen yet. maybe we should just all go get paintball guns and run aroudn through the woods shooting each other instead of yakking about this canada vs. the usa crap. jeez

deathstryke
01-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Agreed, or better yet, deathmatch between everyone who takes this thread seriously :D .

minesweeper
01-08-2003, 08:30 AM
I didn't realise this but apparently Canada was way ahead of the game when it came to building the first stealth plane. My parents know a guy who's dad was one of the engineers working on it. It was called the Avro Arrow and apparently it got put on the shelf cos of some political reason. And there we were thinking they all just drank beer and played hockey :)

PJYelton
01-08-2003, 10:17 AM

Duh, thats easy! Kasparov would win!

DarkViper
01-08-2003, 06:28 PM
i cant beleive you all. why are you acting like this. this wan;t mean tto slam any armies or anything. Ride-Or-Dies signature led me to be so friggon offended that the US would attack Canada (at least a US citizen) and we helped them in both world wars. what kind of alliance is that???????

frig this, im closing, this went EXACTLY to where i didn;t want it to!

minesweeper
01-08-2003, 06:31 PM
>>frig this, im closing, this went EXACTLY to where i didn;t want it to!<<

It's the GD board, did you expect anything else?

DarkViper
01-08-2003, 06:48 PM
actually i expected a serious discussion. something out of the funny range. but im staying out of here now.

peace :)