PDA

View Full Version : next time you see bush kick him in the teeth

Pages : [1] 2

Shadow12345
01-02-2003, 08:05 PM
this is kind of a contradiction isn't it? Two headlines from yahoo.com one on top of another

Bush to unveil economic-stimulus package
U.S. to send 11,000 more troops to Gulf

We probably wouldn't need the economic stimulus package if there wasn't $350 billion in our war hungry president's 'kick Iraq's ass' fund. Someone should have bought that guy (Bush) some freakin gi joe soldiers and got his violence out of his system when he was young.

-KEN-
01-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Umm...you're wrong. Wars always boost economy...

Eibro
01-02-2003, 08:44 PM
MAYBE this "stimulus package" is just another fancy name for war. Like calling a janitor a sanitation engineer.

Commander
01-02-2003, 11:46 PM
BUSH >> The person who will attack Iraq as SOON as he finds an excuse!i for one found that to be quite true!!

Scourfish
01-03-2003, 01:23 AM
We won't need 350 billion to invade iraq. The estimate is only 40 billion, and at double that, doesn't even equal 1% of our GDP

no-one
01-03-2003, 01:35 AM
and what the hell do a bunch of pot smoking teenagers know about politics or economy or the world in general?

i bet your tune will change when sadam launches his first nuke, or uses it as leverage to get whatever he wants, or sells one to someone who will use it.

so shut the hell up, ad read some non-propaganda for once in your lives.

>Umm...you're wrong. Wars always boost economy...

well this is right and wrong, most often this is a "False" boost, and ends once the war is over, but this is not always the case.

Scourfish
01-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by no-one
and what the hell do a bunch of pot smoking teenagers know about politics or economy or the world in general?

i bet your tune will change when sadam launches his first nuke, or uses it as leverage to get whatever he wants, or sells one to someone who will use it.

well this is right and wrong, most often this is a "False" boost, and ends once the war is over, but this is not always the case.

why the h8?

no-one
01-03-2003, 01:43 AM
hate?

There is no hate, im just so ........ed at the way people by into propaganda, especially of late, and then spout it off as godsent truth, they never look at the facts or assume most of what they hear is going to be propaganda(or just old fashioned bull****) from one side or the other.

Malcar Morab
01-03-2003, 03:17 AM
"We probably wouldn't need the economic stimulus package if there wasn't $350 billion in our war hungry president's 'kick Iraq's ass' fund. Someone should have bought that guy (Bush) some freakin gi joe soldiers and got his violence out of his system when he was young."

You forget that Bush represents the people, all the decisons made are by the public, then reiterated by him. So it's not his war, it's ours. I, frankly, believe that people that do wrong things need to be punished, it's that old law of our world coming back into play....Ideas and actions have consequences. If people are killed and hurt for no reason other than to be cruel and not over protection, we need to do the right thing and ensure the safety of the people in America.

"Originally posted by no-one
and what the hell do a bunch of pot smoking teenagers know about politics or economy or the world in general?"

I would like to point out that I do not smoke pot, never have never will, and I find it humerous when people who smoke pot say they don't care about the things going on in the world...I'm sure you all have heard that phrase..."Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeate it."

I find it difficult to look truth in the face and still be able to smile over my foolishness.

RoD
01-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by no-one

remember, were both in that percent that has no clue as to politics!

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 05:13 PM

hate?

There is no hate, im just so ........ed at the way people by into propaganda, especially of late, and then spout it off as godsent truth, they never look at the facts or assume most of what they hear is going to be propaganda(or just old fashioned bull****) from one side or the other.

heh im not as ........ed off as you

EDIT: I seriously doubt any one single person (including yourself) knows all there is to know about politics, I just found the articles next to each other kind of funny, and I added all the gi joe and war hungry president stuff in because it seemed to fit, but I guess when you come right down to it I don't even really care all that much.

are you bi polar? or are you only pretending to be angry over nothing?

blitzkrieg
01-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
Umm...you're wrong. Wars always boost economy...

wars always boost the american economy ! ... history is the witness.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Wars always boost economy...

Why then, was Britain virtually bankrupted by WWII? Why was Germany bankrupted by WWI?

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 06:54 PM
no, I think they are right, wars do boost the economy. This thread wasn't meant to be all that serious, I don't even really care. I hope we declare war on South Africa because they've developed the bomb

has anyone seen the south park episiode with saddam hussein developing weapons of mass destruction in heaven? That was funny, my geezer father who is usually not cool was laughing his ass off, and he's perplexed at how kenny dies every episode and can't stop talking about it.

kenny doesn't die on the xmas episode.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 07:02 PM
>no, I think they are right, wars do boost the economy.<

They didn't say that. They said

>Wars always boost economy...<

They are wrong.

>I don't even really care.<

Then why are you responding?

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 07:55 PM
>I don't even really care.<

Then why are you responding?

just because I respond doesn't mean i care

us high level computer dorks are able to type extremely fast. What may take you an hour of typing takes us only a fraction of a nano second to type. We can also program, talk on the phone, prepare spaghetti, gossip about face master, get laid, save little dutch girls in third world countries, and arm wrestle all at the same time!

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 08:08 PM
>us high level computer dorks are able to type extremely fast.<

I'm in need of a decent secretary. What's your wpm?

>We can also program, talk on the phone, prepare spaghetti, gossip about face master, get laid, save little dutch girls in third world countries, and arm wrestle all at the same time!<

I thought the quantity/quality argument was old hat.

no-one
01-03-2003, 08:28 PM
>remember, were both in that percent that has no clue as to politics!

and yet i still feel confident to state an opinion that i would defend to the death.

astounding, no?

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 08:34 PM
>and yet i still feel confident to state an opinion that i would defend to the death.<

JoeSixpack enters stage right:

But I decree, are you no better than the propaganderers that you so readily dissmiss? I suggest your bold proclamation on an internet newsgroup is no more than a feather in a very very strong wind.

JoeSixpack exits the stage.

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 08:35 PM
You should have read the recursive hypocrisy speech I gave no one already. It was beautiful *tears*

face_master
01-03-2003, 08:36 PM
>> Why was Germany bankrupted by WWI?

Yes, but in WWII the Germans were one of the most prosperous counteries becuase the effects of the depression were slowed due to Hitler's decision to start the war.

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Yes, but in WWII the Germans were one of the most prosperous counteries becuase the effects of the depression were slowed due to Hitler's decision to start the war.

we've studied the world wars in history this year. germany was basically left in shambles after each war. In fact after the first world war germany owed so much money (something like 56 billion, which was a lot to an already poor country after a war in 1918 [i think that's the year wwi ended]) that their currency was almost worthless. wwi was more or less a armistice (sp?) meaning neither side was getting anywhere, but in wwii germany really got its ass kicked, by the us but mostly by russia.

history sucks I hate that class, but i have to say what I just said in order to get some purpose out of that ***** class.

face_master
01-03-2003, 08:50 PM
yeah thats after the war. Im talking about at the start of WWII. Keyword being 'start'.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Keyword being 'start'.

Therefore the premise that wars create wealth is not applicable here?

They may create progress for the victors; but as needs must, etc;

Shadow12345
01-03-2003, 08:59 PM
fast master you're a dork

and stop farting on my sister

face_master
01-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by JoeSixpack
Therefore the premise that wars create wealth is not applicable here?

They may create progress for the victors; but as needs must, etc; English, please.

>> and stop farting on my sister

No

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Did you say 'fart'?

In this day and age? Shocking.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 09:07 PM
>English, please.<

If I was a wealthy man before I got into the horses; but I became a poor man after discovering the horses. Then at the start of my horse phase I was a wealthy man. My liking for horses had no impact on my wealth prior to my taking an interest in them.

face_master
01-03-2003, 09:10 PM
that analogy doesn't apply here. They lost all their money as a result of the war.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 09:12 PM
>that analogy doesn't apply here. They lost all their money as a result of the war.<

Result == end;

Keyword being 'start' != end;

face_master
01-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Germany: WWII Period
-----------------------------
START: Depression affects decreased by war becuase it stimulated the economy (more people had jobs, things were being manufactured, etc..)

END: Germany loses war, money invested in war lost
------------------------------

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 09:24 PM
Therefore, Germany got it wrong. War may give you the equivilent of a heroin shot; but it's only temporary. If you want a quick fix make sure you get into a war you can win quickly. Then you can start a war when you next need the next fix, tommorow.

Aran
01-03-2003, 09:28 PM
The market will be back up again in a few years, don't bother yourself with this little recession we are having.

Anyone heard of the business cycle?

And, as scary as it seems, i actually have confidance that the US government has putthe necessary safeguards onthe economy so that a depression such as the panic of 1893 and the Great one won't happen again.

JoeSixpack
01-03-2003, 09:45 PM
..And then we come almost full circle and see why

"Wars always boost economy..."

comes about.

If you subscribe to all that fud.

I doubt the US have any long term "Illuminati" plan to avoid slumps because humans don't live that long so generally don't give a fig. React is the keyword.

OneStiffRod
01-03-2003, 10:16 PM
This economy is a weird game, it's not based on profits but on growth/gains - if your in a profitable company but it's profits are not better than last years it's considered to be a no-growth company/industry.

IF you still make money, alot of money, but you haven't made more than you made last year your comp. is considered a loser.!??

If it's just about growth I dont know why we support these CONGLOMERITS, you know what I mean - when they are taking the place of 1000 smaller biz's that could employ 10 times the ppl, offer more competition, and provide the investor with substatiently more growth opportunity.

--These are just my thoughts, but I think it's more about the MOVEMENT of money/HYPE about an industry/company/product that creates wealth. That's what moves the stock price and not the money itself - Here in California the Real Estate markets been pretty good b/c ppl have taken their money outta the stock market and moved it into hard assets like a home. Having those ppl move some of their money back to the stock market is the key to improving the economy - how to do that is we need some HYPE to get them motivated to do this - what that HYPE is, I only wish I knew.

It's like the gold rush - the promise bears more fruit than the actual thing.

GREED IS GOOOOOOOOD.

no-one
01-03-2003, 11:25 PM
is R.O.D. the only person who gets what i said, and why i said it?

Shadow12345
01-04-2003, 01:32 PM
did you read the recursive hypocrisy speech I gave you and why I said it

RoD
01-04-2003, 01:59 PM
>>is rod the only one who understands what i said, and why i said it?

http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30990&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

go down to the bottom and read the posts by no-one and myself, and maybe u will get it.

Shadow12345
01-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I got it the first time I read it. That doesn't change anything I've said. l0l

that's why i called my speech recursive hypocrisy for he comes on like he knows more than everyone else then points out how little i know then admits he knows nothing, so then how is it possible for him to know how little i know when he knows he doesn't really know more than me(others). The question now, my friend, is do you get it.

and btw the recursive is just in there cuz it sounds good ;) there arent' really any functions calling themselves in this situation :)

no-one
01-04-2003, 11:28 PM
>The question now, my friend, is do you get it.

yes, very nice, yet subtly confusing.

by the way: Reading your statement more than twice causes brain damage.

Shadow12345
01-05-2003, 09:38 AM
sweet!

novacain
01-05-2003, 08:58 PM
>>"Wars always boost economy..."

Mostly true for the victors, thought the two world wars cost the British it's supremacy.

Wars usually boost a leaders popularity (especially if they win it).

Wars usually distract the voters from domestic issues like the economy and dubious accounting practices.

I think Bush is pretty quick to go to war for a man who went AWOL during his national service (but then Sadam has tried to have his dad assasinated.)

Iraq is going to be a piece of cake compared to North Korea. Take a look at the North Korean economy and then the size of its standing army.

Then remember North Korea has nukes.

OneStiffRod
01-06-2003, 02:40 AM
It will take, 28-40 days to dismantle and wipe NORTH KOREA from the map, according to our joint cheifs.

They have 2+million man army and about 3 nukes, furthest reach is JAPAN.

cost is gonna be 1+million dead on top of NORTH KOREA's dead.

//////////////////////
I fully expect this war to be under way very soon, maybe even BEFORE IRAQ, North Korea is in a desperate situation - it needs fuel oil that only the US is willing to supply - but not under bribery conditions. North Korea is up against a wall, it needs that fuel to feed it's army - we can all expect North Korea to attack if these last rounds of "diplomacy/threats" go w/o answer, which is most likely. North Korea will attack while it still has the FUEL to do so.

Brace yourself, Armegedon is just around the corner. America will kick some major ass.

Nick
01-06-2003, 03:02 AM
cost is gonna be 1+million dead on top of NORTH KOREA's dead

That's terrible. My only hope is that if they do launch a nuclear
warhead Bush isn't so stupid to launch one back at them.

face_master
01-06-2003, 03:09 AM
more like 6 back at them

minesweeper
01-06-2003, 04:46 AM
>>it needs that fuel to feed it's army<<

He He, that conjures up images of loads of men eaten petroleum sandwiches.

About war and economy. It's great if like the more recent wars you are the one bombing someone else's country with no fear of being hit yourself. But in big wars like WW2 where the winners also take a good hammering then no it's not good for the economy. Your infrastructure and production facilities get destroyed and a portion of your working population get killed. Hence why for many years after WW2, we still had rationing and stuff till we could rebuild our country's ability to produce.

jessie23
01-06-2003, 08:40 AM
ive been seeing things in the paper about north korea being up to something with nucs. so im betting that after iraq is dead and gone that will be Mr. Bush's next move, while all the troops are mobilized. but that is just my guess. if this is so though our economy should flourish plenty. yeehah!!

no-one
01-06-2003, 07:29 PM
>
They have 2+million man army and about 3 nukes, furthest reach is JAPAN.

cost is gonna be 1+million dead on top of NORTH KOREA's dead.
<

bah!!!!

i doubt our losses will top 100,000 and thats worst case. gimmie a break, even if its a two headed war it wont top 150,000-200,000 still worst case. our army is much advanced since the last war, you underestimate its strength, the only two countries on the planet that stand a chance of causing us those losses are Russia(yes still) and China( with a 200,000,000 man standing army, YES thats two hundred million men, i doubt we would take less)

im saying less that 35,000 tops losses on our side.

>Brace yourself, Armegedon is just around the corner. America will kick some major ass.

amen to that.

>My only hope is that if they do launch a nuclear
warhead Bush isn't so stupid to launch one back at them.

What should he do use spit wads? If they launch all bets are off, its all out war, and you have no freaking idea how bad they would pay.

Shadow12345
01-06-2003, 07:34 PM
I think we should declare war on canada, no one has kick thier asses in a long time, they just sit over there drinking beer eating their canadian bacon sneering saying 'oh america will never attack us, we don't even have an army!, eh!'

I think no one should be president, he'd make a better president than my bush (giggle)

no-one
01-06-2003, 07:38 PM
>I think we should declare war on canada,

that would send an effective message to the world!

> no one has kick thier asses in a long time.

your right. they're about due.

>I think no one should be president, he'd make a better president than my bush (giggle)

i'd be impeached in under a week, for abuse of power.

edit: and just being genrally insane, and declaring war on the world.

oh wait heheh.