PDA

View Full Version : depression

Shadow12345
12-29-2002, 08:53 PM
how often do you get depressed

face_master
12-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Not very often. Its holidays and i'm having pretty good time lots of parties and crap like that. Oi, whats with your sig, shadow??

foniks munkee
12-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Now and again I read one of Preludes posts and realise I have a long way to go..

Shadow
12-29-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm a fairly cheery, positive person. So, I vote hardly ever.

(No, I'm not an over hyper person who's going to spotaneously combust at any second :D)

MadHatter
12-29-2002, 10:57 PM
not all the time, but often enough... it's usually when school/family/other things become sort of overwhelming... right now i'm fine (no school, no current family crisis...), but it may change some in january (me and my brother starting college part time (i've taken two courses before now, but not at the same time), i'm getting my license.. much happening at once).
it also happens sometimes when i look at the world today... it can be depressing :rolleyes:

zahid
12-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah.. not much.
But once it was too much.. four/five years ago.

ammar
12-30-2002, 04:03 AM
I don't feel depressed very often, but this semester was very horrible, I didn't do well in three courses, although I was in the honors list, so now... I'm not...
That's why I was depressed this semester.

Shiro
12-30-2002, 04:30 AM
Not very often. During the long cold and dark nights of the winter, I feel a little more sad than in the summer, but I'm not depressed. The sad feeling often comes in the winter, because then I leave home to go to work when it is dark and come back home when it is dark.

Fordy
12-30-2002, 04:35 AM
Every time I read the GD board

biosninja
12-30-2002, 07:07 AM
Most often at work and when I get my pay cheque and have to pay a few loans and stuff....

Polymorphic OOP
12-30-2002, 07:36 AM
I have no emotions. I just am.

shaik786
12-30-2002, 07:43 AM
Quiet often, now that I'm away from home on work, miss home/friends at home a LOT!!! Miss the good times I had at home and friends, now life has changed into a defined daily routine, to go through everyday, but this is life I guess.

And yes, sometimes thinking about what and where this world is going to, also depresses me.

:(:(:(

Captain Penguin
12-30-2002, 09:21 AM
A couple years ago I was always in a constant state of depression... but not in the last 2 years. Except for right now, I'm having some troubles with an old friend and with a bad habit, but it's not so bad.

Travis Dane
12-30-2002, 10:29 AM
As soon as i trash my program because it's too messy:(

Shadow12345
12-30-2002, 11:01 AM
Every time I read the GD board

if you don't like the thread dont' read it or delete it. this doesn't seem like all that bad of a discussion.

Brian
12-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Polymorphic OOP
I have no emotions. I just am.

/me raises eyebrow

MadHatter
12-30-2002, 11:07 AM
you sort of remind me of Sam from the Lord of the Rings movie, Brian... maybe not as plump... i wonder if you have hairy feet... hmm...

Brian
12-30-2002, 11:07 AM
aye.

[edit] eeek this is a gross abuse of the rules
better
add
a
few
more
lines

Brian
12-30-2002, 11:09 AM
My hair is spikey and I don't have bumchin.

I rest my case.

MadHatter
12-30-2002, 11:10 AM
>>aye.

your post is three lines if i make my browser so thin that only a single character can fit on a line, so i think it's okay...

MadHatter
12-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Brian
My hair is spikey and I don't have bumchin.

I rest my case.

you look sort of like him when he isn't in hobbit form (i.e. off camera).

these posts are so getting deleted :rolleyes:

Hammer
12-30-2002, 06:51 PM
>>these posts are so getting deleted
Stay on topic, and cut out the one-liners please.

>>how often do you get depressed
Everytime I see people ignoring the rules... it's a sad life :( :D

Seriously though... I don't get depressed hardly ever, luckily it's not in my nature.

RoD
12-31-2002, 04:58 PM
i get depressed when i miss a trick on my atv. like today when i went for a backflip on my blaster, i almost landed but broke my arm...

bob20
12-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I don't really ever get depessed. Everything is going rather well in my world.

face_master
12-31-2002, 09:34 PM
I know some weird stoners and they always get depressed when they havn't smoked in a while. Just shows how dumb it is to get on pot. Like, every now and then isn't that serious but when you have it very often it gets serious. Not that i've tried it and I dont ever want to.

Fordy
01-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by face_master
Not that i've tried it and I dont ever want to.

Then perhaps you shouldnt pass comment on something you know nothing about.

codingmaster
01-01-2003, 09:14 AM
I'm not depressed.

But now I'm depressed for the next 4 weeks, cause my f***ing
leg....

I've ripped my tendon / sinew (and a piece of the bone was broken out -> it is a horrible pain)

And I have my leg in plaster -> yeah nice

That's my depression!!!

frenchfry164
01-01-2003, 11:51 AM
you don't know the meaning of depression guys

every once in a while doesn't hurt, raises spirits, no damage

Malcar Morab
01-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Often enough....but I'm a girl...that explains it all.

Seriously, though, I have a great life. I have awsome parents, a great brother, great freinds, and I live in the best state out of all, not to mention what I think is the best country in the world, going to college at a great school....the list goes on and on forever. Hey, it might sound like Leave it to Beaver, but gosh darn, It's close!

Polymorphic OOP
01-01-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Malcar Morab
I live in the best state out of all

Pfff, Connecticut > Alaska

Waldo2k2
01-01-2003, 10:00 PM
In 8th grade I was really really depressed, but freshman year everything did a 180. I got involved in plays and stuff, i played varsity baseball so I made a lot of friends with the juniors and seniors (who were much more mature than anyone in my class). I even dated one of the seniors for 4 months :). And that really helped cause part of my depression 8th grade was over a girl. Anywho everythings great now, cept this winter break is kind of sucking for me, had a lot of problems with the computer.

Malcar Morab
01-01-2003, 10:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Originally posted by Malcar Morab
I live in the best state out of all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pfff, Connecticut > Alaska"

Alaska is 2/3 the size of the lower fourty-eight, has more national parks, wilderness that reaches into a person soul, wolves, whales, the best fishing anyone can ever experiance, the best hunting, the people are awsome....dude, It's no contest! ;)

Polymorphic OOP
01-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Yeah, well... um... we've got NUTMEG!!!

Shadow12345
01-02-2003, 04:46 PM
Alaska is 2/3 the size of the lower fourty-eight, has more national parks, wilderness that reaches into a person soul, wolves, whales, the best fishing anyone can ever experiance, the best hunting, the people are awsome....dude, It's no contest!

and bears eat you and oil tankers spill there and the whales will eat you and your soul can get lost in alaska because it is 2/3 the size of the lower 48 and it is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really cold there and you can't crap or have sex easily.

Like you said, dude, It's no contest!

EDIT: and i'm glad to see there are so many people seemingly living idyllic lives here :)

face_master
01-03-2003, 02:41 AM
You guys are fighting over the wrong thing

Australia > America

There's no contest there ;)

Malcar Morab
01-03-2003, 03:31 AM
"Yeah, well... um... we've got NUTMEG!!!"

well, hey, nutmeg is good;)

"and bears eat you and oil tankers spill there and the whales will eat you and your soul can get lost in alaska because it is 2/3 the size of the lower 48 and it is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really cold there and you can't crap or have sex easily.
Like you said, dude, It's no contest!"

Common misconceptions...(forgive my spelling, it's late and I am too lazy to use spellcheck...and to think I want to be a writer!)

I would wonder, have you actually ever been to Alaska? Or are you one of the multitudes who believes everyone from there lives in an igloo? If I only had a dime for every time Iv'e been asked that one....Ok, Yes, Bears do eat you...you win that one...but at least they keep down the tourists. I have never heard of anyone losing their soul in Alaska, many have found them, but never was one lost...unless you mean literal people, then yes...but again...most were tourists. Oil tankers? Only once in the past 100 years.

As for *cough* sex and releasing bodily waste *cough* the latter can be tough...but the first is more profitable. Can anyone think of anything more romantic than cuddling up to their wife (newly married for most of you) in a sleeping bag, laying in front of a fire and staring at the darkening sky while listening to a varied thrus twirl away in the woods...and wondering how life can be so wonderful?

face_master
01-03-2003, 03:36 AM
Can anyone think of anything more romantic than cuddling up to their wife (newly married for most of you) in a sleeping bag, laying in front of a fire and staring at the darkening sky while listening to a varied thrus twirl away in the woods...and wondering how life can be so wonderful?YEah, its all good untill the ufo's come and getcha()!

// edit: lol, i put the brackets in by accident...oh well

face_master
01-03-2003, 03:40 AM
>>
Or are you one of the multitudes who believes everyone from there lives in an igloo? If I only had a dime for every time Iv'e been asked that one....
<<

Yeah, there are so many misconceptions about Australia.
I dont say 'mate' after everything
I dont live in a tin shack
I live in a large city (Sydney)
We dont have a septic tank and a water catching thinky made out of tin
I dont wear country bunkin clothes
I do have an okka accent, though...

foniks munkee
01-03-2003, 03:50 AM
Yeah, there are so many misconceptions about Australia.

Yeah - I cringe everytime I hear an australian actor on US tv. I am conviced they are asked to put that accent on. No one I know sounds like that!

No kangaroos in the streets either.

PS: I bet Sydney would have been mad this evening after Waugh's century.

face_master
01-03-2003, 04:18 AM
yeah I was playing counter-strike and we wern't really playing. It was just me shouting "Steve Waugh - 102 NOT OUT!"

Talking about kangaroos, my dad told me this funny story that happened when we was working for customs. An American came off some boat at port and asked my dad how to get to this place which was beyond the Harbour Bridge. And my dad said to him "Nah, sorry. To get there you need to cross the harbour bridge. Its 5:30 now and between 5 and 6 they close it to let the kangaroos cross." And the guy believed him. Haha...dumb yanks...

foniks munkee
01-03-2003, 04:27 AM
yeah I was playing counter-strike and we wern't really playing. It was just me shouting "Steve Waugh - 102 NOT OUT!"

I think I broke a number of road rules trying to get home to see him get it :)

Polymorphic OOP
01-03-2003, 09:01 AM
forgive my spelling, it's late and I am too lazy to use spellcheck...and to think I want to be a writer!

:eek: A writer... these are the cboards! We don't like your kind here! Get outa my office! :mad:

... Unless you program too, in which case I will continue to loosely flirt with you as I do with all of the the other female programmers who browse the boards :D

CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE

Zewu
01-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Alaska is 2/3 the size of the lower fourty-eight, has more national parks, wilderness that reaches into a person soul, wolves, whales, the best fishing anyone can ever experiance, the best hunting, the people are awsome....dude, It's no contest! ;)
At the expense of the Eskimos?