PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thought. Do you have one?



sean
12-29-2002, 06:28 PM
The Bible says that God created man in his own image, and (let's not get into the Adam-God theory here, this is basically for the people who think it is this way) Genesis also implies life on other planets. So when the aliens come, are they going to look just like us? I mean, when the mothership comes down in a crowd of people, and we're all waiting to see little green men appear from out of the steam around the hatch, are we going to be disappointed to see some dude wearing jeans walk out? Wierd...

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 06:40 PM
yes, because we are all god-fearing bible-believing baptists from Freehold here on the cboards as seen by the "God" thread

Nick
12-29-2002, 06:48 PM
Genesis also implies life on other planets. So when the aliens
come, are they going to look just like us?

It doesn't even apply that god physically looks like us.



I mean, when the mothership comes down in a crowd of people, and we're all waiting to see little green men appear from out of the steam around the hatch, are we going to be disappointed to
see some dude wearing jeans walk out? Wierd...

It's all a big myth. There are no aliens that we've seen
on earth. Interesting how far something goes when
there's just shread of scientific evidence.

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 06:52 PM
*cough* Funny how you see that point when we talk about aliens *cough*

BMJ
12-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Now, I'm no longer a "bible person"... but from what I've deduced, "created in God's image" would seem to mean that man, like God, has a free mind and free will. Well anyway, although I think it's all phooey, I don't think that Genesis implies that God "looks" like us.

So if multiple beings were created in "God's image", it would just mean that multiple beings have a free will/mind. *shrug*

Nick
12-29-2002, 07:30 PM
*cough* Funny how you see that point when we talk about aliens *cough*

Having aliens in space craft ready to destroy us
is not the most comforting thought. :)

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 07:31 PM
True...

...but it would be kinda neat :D

BMJ
12-29-2002, 07:40 PM
If aliens were truly beings that are "alienated" from humans, then what makes you so sure they even know what WAR is?

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BMJ
If aliens were truly beings that are "alienated" from humans, then what makes you so sure they even know what WAR is?

It's good to know that BMJ is capable of making absolutely no sense in his posts.

Keep up the good work!

BMJ
12-29-2002, 07:47 PM
What are you talking about? I made/make sense!

WAR is a human thing... so why do we always depict aliens are war-like?

Travis Dane
12-29-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by BMJ
What are you talking about? I made/make sense!

WAR is a human thing... so why do we always depict aliens are war-like?

He does have a point there, humans are creatures that hunger
for everlasting power!

Whe DONT come in piece!

face_master
12-29-2002, 08:56 PM
>> So when the aliens come, are they going to look just like us?

No, but they already have come. There's no typical 'alien'. There's heaps of types. Many of them are made up. The most commonly found one is the 'grey' alien. For a full list of the real one's go here. (http://www.mufor.org/aliens.htm) My friends full think i'm dumb for believing all this. I may be. I might not.

PJYelton
12-29-2002, 09:03 PM
They might not grasp war exactly the way we do, but considering that the idea of territorial domination applies to MANY lifeforms - not just humans - I definately don't think hostile aliens would be a far-fetched idea.

foniks munkee
12-29-2002, 09:05 PM
WAR is a human thing... so why do we always depict aliens are war-like?

Because it is also human nature to try and anthropomorphize all things.

LordVirusXXP
12-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Sean
The Bible says that God created man in his own image, and (let's not get into the Adam-God theory here, this is basically for the people who think it is this way) Genesis also implies life on other planets. So when the aliens come, are they going to look just like us? I mean, when the mothership comes down in a crowd of people, and we're all waiting to see little green men appear from out of the steam around the hatch, are we going to be disappointed to see some dude wearing jeans walk out? Wierd...

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard for numerous reasons.

1.) There is NO God. We weren't created by some old guy in a white robe. Anyone that believes God does exist isn't thinking very clearly. It's all a dumb fairy tale, and I get so angry at people stupid enough to fall for this crap. God is like Santa Claus. He doesn't exist. And if he does, I'll believe it when I see him.

2.) Some dude with jeans walking out? "God" didn't make jeans. (Or anything else for that matter) And there ARE other organisms out there, living on other planets. Mars, for example, is capable of supporting some primitive forms of life.

3.) I dont think "aliens" have space ships and "mother ships". Think about what you're saying. Some large, old man in a white robe named "God"? Little green men with jeans? Flying saucers?

The bottom line is that this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This thread deserves to be closed.

Nick
12-29-2002, 09:50 PM
2.) Some dude with jeans walking out? "God" didn't make jeans. (Or anything else for that matter) And there ARE other organisms out there, living on other planets. Mars, for example, is capable of supporting some primitive forms of life.

No, you misunderstood. Everyone knows he sewed
cloths made out sheepskin for us :)



God is like Santa Claus. He doesn't exist.

Santa Claus is a popular fabrication of Saint Nicholas who
did exist.



The bottom line is that this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This thread deserves to be closed.

Agreed.

face_master
12-29-2002, 09:54 PM
>> There is NO God. We weren't created by some old guy in a white robe.

Prove there is not God. You've watching too much Tv if thats your depiction of God. You cant prove there is a God, but you cant prove thats there's no God.

>> God is like Santa Claus.

This is a really crap comparison.

>> The bottom line is that this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Thats your opinion. Dont push it onto others. Everybody has their own. For eg. I dont start saying "You're all gonna die becuase you are an athiest!!" becuase thats against what I/many believe in.

>> Mars, for example, is capable of supporting some primitive forms of life.

Do us a favour and move there :p

foniks munkee
12-29-2002, 10:14 PM
You know, the Inca's have a god (the sun god I believe) named Virachoca. He is depicted as being a white man, with a beard and white robes, can walk on water and travels with 12 disciples.

Weird isn't it. ;)

The thing with gods are - they generally came about at a time when men/women did not understand science, nor the world at large. Do you suppose god was just a way of explaining that which could not be explained? And then later when our understanding of the universe grew, it was a way of explaining our apparent uniqueness in the universe, not to mention the need for the human mind to believe that it is in some respect immortal.

BMJ
12-29-2002, 10:38 PM
oh my fellows.... buddhism is the enlightened way of life.



... this is not a one-liner :D

foniks munkee
12-29-2002, 10:53 PM
I'd have to agree with that. One of the few religions that actually tollerates other religions.

If you were to design a religion today, Buddhism might be the model you would work from. :)

Commander
12-29-2002, 11:37 PM
>> One of the few religions that actually tollerates other religions.
actually fm, all the religions teaches to accept other's religions. but sometimes it doesnt show that because there are always some brainwashed idiots out there doing some stupidly idiotic sad horrible things to give ppl the wrong impression and to get them to think that that perticular religion is bad. IE. the suicide bombers.....if there are a few people i hate in this world, they are one of them. and i also hate people who kills inocent civilians and put the excuse that they were trying to kill the terrorists and it was an accident.

[edit] i'm sorry if it has been a bad post at a very happy thread(looking at the smilies) but i just had to say something

foniks munkee
12-30-2002, 12:25 AM
I was pretty sure that the Christian religion describes "god" as being the one true god. The bible talks about those that pray to false Idols going to hell. And this is not the only example.. (but the only one I know I can back up right now).

I don't think it is the religion so much as people realising that tolerance is needed in todays multicultural world. But the christian bible is pretty explicit about what it thinks of other religions.


I'm sorry if it has been a bad post at a very happy thread(looking at the smilies) but i just had to say something

No, sometimes it is a sad subject, and your probably right. My experience with religion has not been great partly due to fundamentalists that do not wish to see other points of view.

Here is a smiley to lighten the mood :)

*ClownPimp*
12-30-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey! Direct all religious bashing to the God thread (i was sad to see it go :( )

Shiro
12-30-2002, 04:25 AM
He does have a point there, humans are creatures that hunger
for everlasting power!


I agree that humans are hunger for power. Some are happy with just a little power, others are still not happy with a lot of power. But note that power and war is not only something of human beings, also animals have something we would call war and power.

Lions have a territory which they will defend, if a group of lions grows, it will often need more territory to survive. Therefore the need to get territory from other troops of lions. Those other lions need their territory and so the troops will fight.

A lot of animals who live in troops have a few male and a lot of female animals. For a male animal it is important to have a lot of female animals to ensure he will have many children and so his genes stay. This is a type of power.

So war and power are in basic elements of wanting to survive.

I don't know if aliens exist, however, I wouldn't be surprised if there is life somewhere else in this giant universe. This life doesn't necessarily have to look like creatures on earth, it could also be just one cell creatures.

But in this reply I will asume there are aliens. If the will to survive is common to all living creatures in the universe, then those aliens also will have something we would call war and power. If those aliens would be as advanced as described in most SF-books, then a reason why they would come to earth was to extend their territory.

So why couldn't aliens, if they are as assumed in this reply, start a war?

face_master
12-30-2002, 04:50 AM
Ok, this may sound strange, but its true. Aliens only have an interest in Earth becuase of its magnetic content. They want it. All alien technology utilises magnetics. UFO's hover by creating a magnetic field around it. Everything up to their lighting is powered using magnetic materials. They dont want to destroy us. They want to take control of us and keep us under their control while taking our magnetic material for their own uses. Why do you think they are abducting so many humans? Its like on Starship Troopers: "They want to learn more about us, so they can kill us".

There's a whole lot of things that are planned for us like bar-coding of humans, etc...

Clyde
12-30-2002, 07:43 AM
"Genesis also implies life on other planets"

Show me the passage.

"Ok, this may sound strange, but its true."

Its is strange, strange because its so stupid, and no, it's not true.

"Aliens only have an interest in Earth becuase of its magnetic content"

....... the Earth's magnetic field is to all extenses and purposes stupidly weak.

"All alien technology utilises magnetics."

...... so do ours, heard of electricity?

"UFO's hover by creating a magnetic field around it"

And how exactly does that make them hover?

"Everything up to their lighting is powered using magnetic materials"

...... magnetic materials.... like...... iron? and everything up to our lighting is powered by "magnetic materials" too. Like i said heard of electricity?

"They want to take control of us and keep us under their control while taking our magnetic material for their own uses"

Let me get this straight, these aliens with technology so advanced they can traverse millions of lightyears in reasonable amounts of time want to suck out the Earths core, for its "magnetic materials"? ........ thats even stupider than some of the posts on the cloning thread.

You do realise that us paultry humans can create magnetic fields that are TEN THOUSAND MILLION TIMES STRONGER THAN THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELD. Heavens even bar magnets are a heck of alot stronger than the Earths magnetic field. Ok, well so much for the Earth's magnetic field, but what about those "magnetic materials"?

...Well that would be iron, so why would they come all this way and pick on us just to get iron? There would be inumerable other planets lacking life with iron that they could mine.

All in all its a truely absurd scenario.

"Why do you think they are abducting so many humans?"

They aren't.

"Its like on Starship Troopers: "They want to learn more about us, so they can kill us"."

I thought they just wanted to take our "magnetic materials", not kill us, heavens your nonsense isn't even consistent nonsense.

"There's a whole lot of things that are planned for us like bar-coding of humans, etc..."

Well thank *insert mythical creator here* we have you to warn us in advance.

Clyde
12-30-2002, 07:55 AM
"You cant prove there is a God, but you cant prove thats there's no God."

*Picks up fresh kipper*

*Advances on Face-master*

*Proceeds to beat Face-master repeadedly with kipper*

">> God is like Santa Claus.

This is a really crap comparison."

I rather think its quite a good comparison.

Aran
12-31-2002, 02:18 PM
There was a special on TLC or the history channel (can't remember which) a while ago that showed how when certain magnetic fields are put on the human brain, the human wil, in its sleep, see, hear, and feel things that aren't really there.

We can play "how about" with aliens forever and not make any progress, because all of the suppositions will be equally worthless. Just resign yourself to the fact that there probably is life out there, and we haven't found it yet.

Commander
12-31-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Aran Elus
Just resign yourself to the fact that there probably is life out there, and we haven't found it yet. or THAY* haven't found us yet..

i heard a guy talking about the same subject and he said that some extraterrestrials do have the technology to travel interstellar space and they do pass us by sometimes. but they are never too interested in us because we are such low life forms. So, they don't do anything..
its like when we see a few ants beside the sidewalk, sometimes we look at em for a few seconds then we go about our business. sometimes we don't look at em at all. Why? because we don't think of the ants as a life form worth our time...

i donno about you guys, but i thought this was a pretty smart theory

*it was intentional

face_master
01-01-2003, 12:09 AM
2 days ago I bought this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0312867085/qid=1041400703/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-7301929-0858322?v=glance&s=books). You must buy this book. Its sweet. Its really interesting becuase alot of the abductees say that the aliens gave them all this information, like how they only come at night becuase the sun burns them. Have you ever heard of an abduction account during the day? I think not. And how they have 2 secret bases - one under the sea near florida (watch out -KEN- ) and one in the sound pole. It'd be cool to take a submarine down there and check it out. And it cant just be one massive hoax where so many people around the world just decided to make it up while under hypnosis. Under this state, you cant make this up becuase they're tapping into your subconscience.

>> the Earth's magnetic field is to all extenses and purposes stupidly weak.

I was talking bout solid magnetic material. (eg. what magnets are made out of.)


*Picks up fresh kipper*

*Advances on Face-master*

*Proceeds to beat Face-master repeadedly with kipper*Yeah, thats some really good proof that there is no God...

>>
...... magnetic materials.... like...... iron? and everything up to our lighting is powered by "magnetic materials" too. Like i said heard of electricity?
<<

They dont use conventional light bulbs. And last time I checked, the light bulbs in my house weren't being powered by slabs of iron :rolleyes:

>>
I thought they just wanted to take our "magnetic materials", not kill us, heavens your nonsense isn't even consistent nonsense.
<<

Yeah, I just wanted to quote that :p

Dissata
01-01-2003, 12:54 AM
actualy the slabs of refined iron(steal) are at your local power plant. structured in a way to produce and control energy

ahhh here comes clyde to scientificaly analysize our completely stupid and dare I say true thread about aliens!:eek: :p :)

Nick
01-01-2003, 01:06 AM
The good book is "Watch the skys A Chronicle of the
Flying Saucer Myth" by Peebles.

Aliens only shows how far people today will make up stuft given
a little bit science. We put too much trust in men today.



Its really interesting becuase alot of the abductees say that the aliens gave them all this information, like how they only come at night becuase the sun burns them. Have you ever heard of an abduction account during the day?

... Because they are dreaming.



And it cant just be one massive hoax where so many people around the world just decided to make it up while under hypnosis. Under this state, you cant make this up becuase they're tapping into your subconscience.

Their subconscience wil lie just like their conscience.
Maybe they're uncovering their inner fears from comic books.



"Genesis also implies life on other planets"
Show me the passage.

It implies life somewhere else. Not that this matters, but it's interesting that I was taking the creation of Eve from
Adam's rib symbolically. Could Eve be the first
clone?

face_master
01-01-2003, 01:52 AM
>> ... Because they are dreaming.

So they dream the same events? There were massive patterns in claims. All recounts were done hypnotically.

>> Their subconscience wil lie just like their conscience.

Thats not possible. It cant just create these images in their minds, without something to cause it.

>> actualy the slabs of refined iron(steal) are at your local power plant. structured in a way to produce and control energy

So you are saying that iron produces energy? Thats not possible according to the law of energy: energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed. So, its possible to harness the energy inside magnetic material for uses in other things, but no energy lies within iron, hence none can be extracted.

Nick
01-01-2003, 02:43 AM
>> Their subconscience wil lie just like their conscience.
Thats not possible. It cant just create these images in their minds, without something to cause it.

Media and images seen consciencely will effect the subconcience.
It's no wonder that the ufo myth started with people
seeing "normal people" to people seeing the x-files.
I recommend that you get Peebles book. I found it a bit
boring since I was convinced by the first 100 pages.
H



Thats not possible. It cant just create these images in their minds, without something to cause it.

I know it's possible... because I've done it myself.
Not about aliens either. Don't even trust yourself.

face_master
01-01-2003, 04:25 AM
...but there were patterns! All these people's experiences were consistant with eachother. Even to the last detail. Im not saying they're all true, im saying most are. Prove me wrong ;)

Clyde
01-01-2003, 09:22 AM
"So you are saying that iron produces energy? Thats not possible according to the law of energy: energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed."

........ Iron is a "magnetic material", it is what magnets are made out of.

Electricity is created by spinning a magnet. It doesn't violate thermodynamics because it requires energy to spin the magnet in the first place.

" So, its possible to harness the energy inside magnetic material for uses in other things, but no energy lies within iron, hence none can be extracted."

Bollocks, IRON IS the magnetic material.

"And it cant just be one massive hoax where so many people around the world just decided to make it up while under hypnosis"

It is very easy to lie under hypnosis, which is why it is not used as proof in a court of law.

Listen to me face, whenever people who know what they are talking about take any of these claims seriously they find them to be hoaxes, every time.

Why exactly would the US government be spending 4-5 million dollars on SETI if we already have aliens zipping all over the place?

"Have you ever heard of an abduction account during the day?"

Right because if there were they would easily be disproved because people would have been around to see the supposed events hence they would be immediately thrown out as nonsense.

"like how they only come at night becuase the sun burns them."

Do you understand how unbelieveably stupid this stuff is? Aliens with supreme technology who can't even make a space suit that protects them from the sun!?

"I was talking bout solid magnetic material. (eg. what magnets are made out of.)"

Yes.... that would be iron.

"sarcasm]Yeah, thats some really good proof that there is no God...[/sarcasm]"

Since i (and many others) have refuted that absurd argument about a zillion times already on this board i don't feel the need to address it again. If you want the answer do a search.

"They dont use conventional light bulbs."

They told you this did they?

"nd last time I checked, the light bulbs in my house weren't being powered by slabs of iron"

Actually..... they are.

"Prove me wrong"

Every time these cases are examined in detail they fall apart.

Dissata
01-01-2003, 11:22 AM
pehaps I should have said produce usable energy. there, bettter?

Nick
01-01-2003, 04:37 PM
...but there were patterns! All these people's experiences were consistant with eachother. Even to the last detail. Im not saying they're all true, im saying most are. Prove me wrong

Hypnosis really shouldn't be trusted as proof. Whoever's
doing the hypnosis could be filling in missing details. Since
the mind is in that state it is very acceptable to persuasion.
Another reason is that they might be lying together. Before
you say it's not in our nature to do that. There have been many
hoaxes of adductions such as Adamski. These hoaxes show
a pattern over the years that responds to media and political
climate.

face_master
01-01-2003, 06:24 PM
>> ........ Iron is a "magnetic material", it is what magnets are made out of.

Which is what they want from our planet to power everything.

You cant just say that they're lying while under hypnosis. How could it be one massive coincidence that all these people saw a UFO, found sergically placed marks on their bodies, then later while under hypnosis told a story of abduction, similar to other's experiences?

Nick
01-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Can you give me the name of the specific case or
better yet a website. We can't argue against specifics without
knowing the specifics. (:



You cant just say that they're lying while under hypnosis. How could it be one massive coincidence that all these people saw a UFO, found sergically placed marks on their bodies, then later while under hypnosis told a story of abduction, similar to other's experiences?

I have no doubt that an entire family or even 100s
of people can and will lie. Hypnosis isn't yet a science. The
examiner could be like
<g>: I then saw this bright light.
<h>: Now what did you see in the alien space craft.
<g>: I saw a bunch of needles and scientific devices

Polymorphic OOP
01-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I had a whole year in my life that I was obsessed with hypnosis. I bought a bunch of books and tapes and stuff and the one thing they repeat in all of them is that if you try to go have someone go back to a memory that doesn't exist, they will create one. You can say "Go back to when you were in Disney World," and if the person never went, they often times still will create a situation spontaneously. It's like a dream. The person doesn't have to want to lie, but based on things that happen to them and what the person performing the hypnosis says or what they may think happened to them during the time that they are going back to will all play a role in what they experience while under hypnosis. It makes it easier for people to pull back memories, but it also makes it easier for them to imagine something which didn't happen and they often times have no idea what is and isn't real, just like when you have a dream and you don't necissarily realize that you were dreaming until you wake.

face_master
01-01-2003, 08:26 PM
>> Can you give me the name of the specific case or
better yet a website.

Never trust websites (or things written by nuts on forums :) )

civix
01-02-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Polymorphic OOP
yes, because we are all god-fearing bible-believing baptists from Freehold here on the cboards as seen by the "God" thread

Big threads scare me :rolleyes:

And no, no interesting thoughts here :D

Clyde
01-02-2003, 07:44 AM
">> ........ Iron is a "magnetic material", it is what magnets are made out of.

Which is what they want from our planet to power everything."

Right because you can't find iron like anywhere else in the universe.......

Dontcha think it might be a little easier for them to mine uninhabited planets for iron? Hrmmmmm?

"You cant just say that they're lying while under hypnosis."

Lying, being fed suggestions, imagining,etc.

"How could it be one massive coincidence that all these people saw a UFO, found sergically placed marks on their bodies"

Evidence? Oh wait yes you read a book.

"then later while under hypnosis told a story of abduction, similar to other's experiences?"

Its all bogus, whenever people seriously investigate these claims they fall apart.