PDA

View Full Version : Me and Mr. Freak

Pages : [1] 2

Dolby
12-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Since I don't have anything to do, might as well share to you guys my last day of independence, it all happened last Friday...

Me: ahhh, what a wonderful day! no work, no school, nothing but me and my bookstore...nothing could possibly go wrong! lalalalalalala!!

Me: (later that morning, on the way to the bookstore) ahh...life is so good! i'm driving my comfy car, wearing my comfy clothes, walking with my comfy shoes...(**sees bookstore**) ah...i'm in heaven!

Me: (**on my way to computers section, picks up a book and started reading**)
after 1 minute....

Me: (**freak alert, activated! subject approaching in about 10 steps/sec**) thinking: "no he's not gonna bother me, I don't look like a thief"

Freak: "So you like computers?"

Me: "umm....yeah" **thinking: "no Actually, I hate computers, that's why i'm here, you know to just torture myself by looking at books that I truly despise!"**

Freak: "that's cool!" **with his i'm-cool smile**

Me: **thinking: "eeewe!"**

Freak: "me too!"

Me: **thinking: "uh huh"** (**continue reading the book**)

silence....

Me:**thinking: "see, he's not gonna bother you again"**

Freak: "have you taken Java?"

Me: "ummm...yeah" **thinking: "grrr.....how lame!"**

Freak: "oh i'm gonna be taking C next quarter"

Me:**thinking: "do I look like I care?????!!!??"**

silence....

Freak: "What school do you go to?"

Me: (**still looking at the book**) "I go to [name of school]" **thinking: "grrr...go away!!!"**

Freak: "oh you do?!, how come I don't see you there? I don't go to school there, but I go to [name of school] all the time.

Me: "hah" **thinking: oh what are the odds??? he's so lame!"

Freak: "are you hiding?"

Me: (**smiling sourly**) **thinking: "I am, from freaks like you! sheesh" **

silence....

Freak: "what book are you looking for? lemme help you find it"

Me: "Thanks but I'm fine, i'm just browsing" **thinking: "I know how to read weirdo!:**

Freak: (** not saying anything, just looking, oh I meant, staring at what I'm doing**)

Me:**thinking: "I can't take this anymore"** "well, i have to go, have a nice day" (**with an all-teeth-showing-sour smile and a wincing right eye**)

Freak: "you too!" (***did this **)

Me: **thinking: "WHat a freak!, that's fine, I'll walk to the literature section and see if there are any new novels..."** (**tries to put face back into normal, sweet condition**)

after 5 mins....(**sees freak approaching**)

Me:**thinking: "run for your life!"** exits the bookstore grumpy, irritated, mad and sad!

note: he's not even a sales clerk!!! he's just there, looking for someone to irritate!!! grr...

moral lesson for me:
1. next time wear a sign in the forehead that says "Leave me alone"
2. if 1 doesn't work, use sign language
3. if 1 and 2 fails, say "No hablo en Ingles"
4. if all fails...i don't know what else to do...

sorry for this long post...i just have to find something to do before I die in our house...i still have 3 days of being grounded... adios...

posted this at FD, just thought I would share to to you guys as well...:D

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey, you told me you wouldn't tell the cboard-folk about our encounter in the bookstore!!!

*coughs*

Yeah, chicks are all over me when I'm at the bookstore as well -- you know how chicks absolutely love computer nerds. It's just something you have to get used to :rolleyes:

Prelude
12-29-2002, 03:19 PM
That happens to me more than I'd like, the conversation typically goes like this:

(some loser): "Hey, looking for a book on [some programming subject]?"
(me): "Yea, I'm looking for any good book on [some programming subject]."
(some loser): *pointing to a beginner's text (often Schildt or (*) for Dummies)* "Well, this one is really easy."

It's lovely how they always assume that I know nothing about programming and seem to point to the one book I flame endlessly to anyone who mentions it. The conversation typically goes downhill:

(me): "No thanks, I try not to dirty my hands on garbage such as [some book]."

Assuming he sticks around after that:

(some loser): "Well, you're never going to learn [some programming subject] if you don't read the good books."
(me): "Are you any good at [some programming subject]?"
(some loser): *trying to impress me* "Yea, I'm an expert."

At this point I ask him about an advanced or obscure subject in the language and watch him wiggle in embarassment for a moment. Sometimes I tell him the answer if he hasn't already left, if he still stays after that:

(me): *Picking up a good beginner's book* "This should be right around your level of expertise, I recommend you start at chapter 1."

To date, no one has ever lasted longer than that. :D

-Prelude

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 03:34 PM
Dam, I wish I was a female programmer. Then I'd have a better chance of getting laid :p

joshdick
12-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Dolby, I fail to see what that guy did that was so wrong. What Prelude mentioned was obviously stupid, but the guy you described just seemed like a nice guy trying to hit on you. If you weren't interested, I don't see why you just didn't tell him that.

Here's a tip about guys: We don't take a hint. We usually just don't. You mentioned some subtle sour grin or something like that. He obviously didn't pick up on it. You probably could've turned your back to him, and he still wouldn't have taken the hint. You generally have to be blunt with guys. If you're not interested, tell him so. He, then, has to leave you alone, unless he's some really freaky creep which this guy didn't sound at all like.

I don't see how you can blame that poor guy. He saw a girl he thought was attractive. Better yet, he figured that because you were looking at books on programming, you were intelligent and shared a common interest with you. He thought, hey, I think I'll hit on her. So, he tried to make some small talk. Hi, how ya doing, where you go to school, etc. He even tried to be helpful by asking you if he could help you find anything. Of course, you didn't really need any help, but he just wanted to be nice.

I also fail to see what made him a 'freak'. All that you could know about him is his name, where he goes to school, that he likes programming, and his appearance. The only thing there that could make him unattractive to you would be his appearance. Besides that, he was just a nice, smart guy trying to start a conversation. What was so freaky about this guy?

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 03:40 PM
Don't listen to him, Dolby. Mr. Freak was obviously just trying to get in your pants!

Prelude
12-29-2002, 03:44 PM
>Don't listen to him, Dolby. Mr. Freak was obviously just trying to get in your pants!
You mean you guys have other reasons most of the time? :rolleyes:

-Prelude

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey, hey, I'm not like that! I know plenty of guys that aren't like that -- it's just that those are the ones who are usually too shy to say anything in first place (myself included).

-KEN-
12-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
That happens to me more than I'd like, the conversation typically goes like this:

(some loser): "Hey, looking for a book on [some programming subject]?"
(me): "Yea, I'm looking for any good book on [some programming subject]."
(some loser): *pointing to a beginner's text (often Schildt or (*) for Dummies)* "Well, this one is really easy."

It's lovely how they always assume that I know nothing about programming and seem to point to the one book I flame endlessly to anyone who mentions it. The conversation typically goes downhill:

(me): "No thanks, I try not to dirty my hands on garbage such as [some book]."

Assuming he sticks around after that:

(some loser): "Well, you're never going to learn [some programming subject] if you don't read the good books."
(me): "Are you any good at [some programming subject]?"
(some loser): *trying to impress me* "Yea, I'm an expert."

At this point I ask him about an advanced or obscure subject in the language and watch him wiggle in embarassment for a moment. Sometimes I tell him the answer if he hasn't already left, if he still stays after that:

(me): *Picking up a good beginner's book* "This should be right around your level of expertise, I recommend you start at chapter 1."

To date, no one has ever lasted longer than that. :D

-Prelude

Prelude, have I told you lately that I loved you? :D :clap:

>>You mean you guys have other reasons most of the time?

No...that's about it. Unless money or food is involved. Oh, or TV.

joshdick
12-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Okay, so maybe this guy's intentions weren't 100% pure, but that hardly makes him a freak. And, I still think that he was interested in Dolby as a going-steady-kind-of girlfriend, not a mere sexual object as some are suggesting; otherwise, he would just hit on every girl he sees rather than specifically go after the ones in the computer section of a bookstore.

Really, this is bugging me, how can you call this guy a freak?

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by joshdick
Okay, so maybe this guy's intentions weren't 100% pure, but that hardly makes him a freak. And, I still think that he was interested in Dolby as a going-steady-kind-of girlfriend, not a mere sexual object as some are suggesting; otherwise, he would just hit on every girl he sees rather than specifically go after the ones in the computer section of a bookstore.

All kidding aside, dickboy does have a point. Not everyone who talks to you is a freak, and in this case you apparently had no reason to label him as one. That was very mean, you freak.

Prelude
12-29-2002, 03:58 PM
>That was very mean
I tend to agree as well, but I'm notorious for being labelled "*****y" in the real world, so I'm not one to question Dolby's opinions. ;)

>, you freak.
In some circles being called a freak is a good thing. ;)

-Prelude

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 03:59 PM
In some circles being called a freak is a good thing. ;)

Hmm, I'd like you to introduce me to some of these circles, Prelude ;)

Eibro
12-29-2002, 04:10 PM

Can't you read?

Me: (**freak alert, activated! subject approaching in about 10 steps/sec, w/ genitalia hanging loose**) thinking: "no he's not gonna bother me, I don't look like a thief"

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:18 PM
And this is all based around you believing that she actually could see the poor guy's genitals.

Besides... if his genitals really were hanging loose, then you know he wasn't aroused :rolleyes:

Prelude
12-29-2002, 04:27 PM
>Besides... if his genitals really were hanging loose, then you know he wasn't aroused
That really would be the least of my worries in such a situation. ;)

-Prelude

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:28 PM
That really would be the least of my worries in such a situation. ;)

Right, knowing you, you'd be hung up on the fact that he kept pronouncing "stoustrup" wrong :rolleyes:

Dolby
12-29-2002, 04:30 PM
wow, I have a lot of explaining to do, but that's good at least I have something to do now...

first, I knew it was you poly, sorry, but your pickup line was so lame that I just have to tell everyone about it...hehee. oh and btw, we live really close to each other...just thought that's a weird coincidence...

to Prelude, can I please have the permission of putting your technique to my "How to deal with Mr. Lame:'The last Resort" book that I'm writing...

ok, so I guess I was being mean. But I kinda know what a freak looks like when I see one, he doesn't seem like a person who has good intentions, 'coz if it seems to me like he does, then I would've flirted back;) . girls just know that, imo. He looks like your typical jockey, jersey shirt saying "hey, i'm a football player" Anyways, yeah, he said he's gonna take C right, but he picked up a book about JavaScript. And who in his right mind would literally stare at a person up close? like seriously? right in front of my face?!?! while I'm reading!!!!!!!!

>>>Dolby, I fail to see what that guy did that was so wrong. What Prelude mentioned was obviously stupid, but the guy you described just seemed like a nice guy trying to hit on you. If you weren't interested, I don't see why you just didn't tell him that.

because the thing is, I don't even know what his intentions are, if I say, "please leave me alone" I don't want to sound too mean, in my criteria, that's being mean... if I say "please stop hitting on me" then he might say "I'm not hitting on you...blah blah, who do you think you are b****?" and I don't want that to happen...so yeah...

And I don't think he's interested to get in my pants either Poly, 'coz I'm not hot, i'm short, thin, pale, flat or to put it more subtle 'horizontally challenged', has assymetrical face, weird looking nose and mouth etc...basically i look like a monster...heheh..so, yeah...

>>>>Dam, I wish I was a female programmer. Then I'd have a better chance of getting laid

poly, you know doctors can always do something about that;)

RoD
12-29-2002, 04:32 PM
this is possibly one of the most disturbing threads i have ever read here....

(think pg13 :P)

Dolby
12-29-2002, 04:34 PM
sorry it wasn't my intention to start a "distrubing" thread, i really just want to share my day...

Prelude
12-29-2002, 04:35 PM
>this is possibly one of the most disturbing threads i have ever read here....
You must not pay much attention to the GD board then.

-Prelude

RoD
12-29-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Dolby
sorry it wasn't my intention to start a "distrubing" thread, i really just want to share my day...

nah its good, keeps me on the lookout for such people lol.

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:38 PM
And I don't think he's interested to get in my pants either Poly, 'coz I'm not hot, i'm short, thin, pale, flat or to put it more subtle 'horizontally challenged', ... weird looking nose ...

Well that's me right there :p

... especially the "flat" comment. You and I must be exactly the same person!

EDIT: Minus that whole "penis" thing

Dolby
12-29-2002, 04:44 PM
So I guess we're soulmates, huh Poly....hahaha

One thing though, i think i'm about 3 inches taller than you...hahah. don't worry you'll still grow...

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeah, yeah, yuck it up :(

joshdick
12-29-2002, 04:47 PM
>>>Dolby, I fail to see what that guy did that was so wrong. What Prelude mentioned was obviously stupid, but the guy you described just seemed like a nice guy trying to hit on you. If you weren't interested, I don't see why you just didn't tell him that.

because the thing is, I don't even know what his intentions are, if I say, "please leave me alone" I don't want to sound too mean, in my criteria, that's being mean... if I say "please stop hitting on me" then he might say "I'm not hitting on you...blah blah, who do you think you are b****?" and I don't want that to happen...so yeah...

I've heard this from a lot of girls. They think it's mean to tell a guy that they don't like him. They don't realize that stringing a guy along and giving him false hope is much meaner. It may be difficult, but you just have to tell guys the truth. "please leave me alone" sounds like a pretty good (in other words, direct) way of saying it. If you desire a more indirect method, you could say "I have a boyfriend." However you say it, you should be directóblunt, really. That's the only way guys will understand.

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:49 PM
Either that or just tell him you're gay...

... then again, that might just make him bug you even more :rolleyes:

Prelude
12-29-2002, 04:51 PM
>That's the only way guys will understand.
I've noticed that, you guys don't take subtlety very well. If someone wants to talk to me at work and I say "Not right now" he doesn't take the hint until I tell him to get the hell out of my office. :D

-Prelude

RoD
12-29-2002, 04:53 PM
>That's the only way guys will understand.
I've noticed that, you guys don't take subtlety very well. If someone wants to talk to me at work and I say "Not right now" he doesn't take the hint until I tell him to get the hell out of my office. :D

-Prelude

so a) hes amoron or b) your hotter than your letting on :D

Brian
12-29-2002, 04:54 PM
EWW THIS FAT CHICK HAS A CRUSH ON ME OMG OMG

RoD
12-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Brian

ROFL o thats just great, ahaha nice one.

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ride -or- Die
so a) hes amoron or b) your hotter than your letting on :D

That settles it -- Prelude, post a pic of yourself or you are banned from the boards FOREVER

Haha, were you around to see that post before the moderators took it off? I hope facemaster saw it. He deserved it, hehe :p

RoD
12-29-2002, 04:58 PM
ya he saw it. And she doens't have to post a pic :P

tho it would be kinda cool.....lol

Brian
12-29-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Polymorphic OOP

Haha, were you around to see that post before the moderators took it off? I hope facemaster saw it. He deserved it, hehe :p

You mean the post that was mocking face's post? I saw that, it was hilarious. I was commenting on how this board has became a kind of teen help forum (http://www.stupidboy.com)

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 04:59 PM
Tell you what Prelude, you post a pic of yourself and I'll post a pic of me...

... Well, I've done my end of the bargain ...

Prelude
12-29-2002, 05:00 PM
>That settles it -- Prelude, post a pic of yourself or you are banned from the boards FOREVER
I've posted a picture somewhere on the net before, if you can find it you get a cookie. ;)

-Prelude

Brian
12-29-2002, 05:00 PM
Maybe we should have another one of those post your own picture threads? We're going a bit off topic here.

Soo...freaks. Being labeled a freak has always been an enjoyable experience myself. whatever.

Dolby
12-29-2002, 05:06 PM
hey, my post is not the same thing as facemaster's fatchick...mine is just an encounter...and i'll never(hopefully) see him again... or is it the same?

RoD
12-29-2002, 05:09 PM
>That settles it -- Prelude, post a pic of yourself or you are banned from the boards FOREVER
I've posted a picture somewhere on the net before, if you can find it you get a cookie. ;)

-Prelude

flashdaddee gimme my cookie! :P

Prelude
12-29-2002, 05:11 PM
>flashdaddee gimme my cookie! :P
Grab one from jkim. :p

-Prelude

RoD
12-29-2002, 05:23 PM
aww i wanted a prelude cookie, theres no cookie like one done by prelude :(

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 05:26 PM
kissass :D

Brian
12-29-2002, 05:27 PM
http://www.disco-disco.com/images/prelude-fj.gif
?

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 05:28 PM
riiigggghhhttt

EDIT: That was in no means questioning your looks, Prelude... I... um...

... I will be leaving your office now :(

MrWizard
12-29-2002, 05:30 PM
http://www.disco-disco.com/images/prelude-fj.gif
?

In all honesty you should have added that as an attachment vice a link. That way underneath the file you can see where it says:

"This file has been viewed 99999999999999999999 times"

Nick
12-29-2002, 07:20 PM
In all honesty you should have added that as an attachment vice a link. That way underneath the file you can see where it says:

"This file has been viewed 99999999999999999999 times"

With all this alien stuft going around, my bet
is only picture is on an alien mother ship.

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 07:23 PM
I vote for a better picture, Prelude, that was too dark (though you are, by far one of the hottest people on the boards, second only to me of course :rolleyes: ).

... Preferably one of you coding and with more skin :D

Prelude
12-29-2002, 07:27 PM
>I vote for a better picture, Prelude
If you mean the one posted in this thread then I agree, that one wasn't of me. :rolleyes:

-Prelude

Polymorphic OOP
12-29-2002, 07:28 PM
Ha, no, I meant the hotornot one. The one posted in this thread's got nothin on you! :D

Prelude
12-29-2002, 07:29 PM
I may upload another one when I get a scanner or a digital camera. :p

-Prelude